DarnoldHomer

Leonard Williams is having a Pro Bowl year

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I'm referring to Q Williams, lol. 

Lawdy, lol. Got confused for a minute, my bad. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Sammybighead said:

Nobody said he was a JAG. But when he says he wants to get 20M per year, there is no universe, parallel or otherwise, where he get that kind of commitment from the Jets. If another team wants to pay him that, good luck, I have a sneaking suspicion it will backfire.  The Jets did the right thing.

He is a JAG.  One good season playing for a contract.  Giants are 3-7 btw

• Confused 1
  • Like 1

The Giants still aren’t a good team. They will have a tough decision about how much to pay Leo or if they let him walk. They are also a year away from having to pay Saquon Barkley. Similar to when the Jets had Jamal Adams, the Giants best players are at non-premium positions. Daniel Jones and Andrew Thomas had better turn out to be very good players or Gettleman could be in a world of hurt.

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, DarnoldHomer said:

This year. In 9 games he has 5 sacks, 7 TFL’s and 11 QB hurries. Q has 3 sacks, 7 TFL’s and 5 QB hurries. So much for the curse of the Jets following a player 

The big thing to take away from the situation is not paying these bums. Unless they play great for you. He never lived up to expectations...that is ok btw, let him go elsewhere and grow up. He was never going to do that here and great trafe to lose him. 

I'd argue the system and coaching here had alot to do with it not only in game but also locker room etc

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have a feeling we'll be saying this about Sam next year.

Nah, he’ll go sit behind a vet for a year. Year after that maybe not pro bowl but certainly better than he was here. I think it’s really going to depend on the team he go’s to. Oddly quite a few of my Steelers friends said they would be more than happy to sit him behind Ben for a year. Personally? I’d like to see that myself. Then we would know for sure because Steelers know how to develop players , period, 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have a feeling we'll be saying this about Sam next year.

You can't suffer an annual 3-4 game injury/ailment and still make the Pro Bowl.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You can't miss 3-4 games annually and still make the Pro Bowl.  

So Becton is not that good then?   😎

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

And? So Leo is playing well.  Granted the jets have good cap space but signing a guy like Leo (for what he wants) will make that space disappear in a heartbeat.  And it’s not like the jets dline has suffered much with his departure.  He was just a victim of timing with the jets not wanting any big contracts for players that are good but not necessarily impactful.

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can't suffer an annual 3-4 game injury/ailment and still make the Pro Bowl.  

That's true but I don't think he can get mono again.  He got a shoulder injury from a play that should've been penalized (meaning it wasn't a legal play).  And while that play was 100% his fault (he had an open WR), my expectation is that he'll improve. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's true but I don't think he can get mono again.  He got a shoulder injury from a play that should've been penalized (meaning it wasn't a legal play).  And while that play was 100% his fault (he had an open WR), my expectation is that he'll improve. 

How about his rookie year injury?

Kid is soft, dude.  

• Upvote 1

I can't stand Marcus Maye and never wanted him to begin with but I've never considered Maye "injury prone" due to missing 10 games during his 2nd season however he's played every game before and since. 

There are still Jet fans (I see it often) who consider Maye as injury prone lol so I wonder what they label Sam as, injury plagued?

On 11/12/2020 at 7:29 PM, Beerfish said:

Playing well and deserves credit for doing so.

He never played that way for us, but he also had to deal with an awful coach in bowles.

Bowels had nothing to do with that. He sucked under Rex too. He deserves no credit for doing his damn job...finally.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:58 AM, bitonti said:

the 4 first round picks have to play here 

they have no choice

the 100 million dollars they are going to use on FA, will probably be spent on more Trumaine Johnsons and LeVeon Bells

because they didn't keep their homegrown talent and no one decent makes it to FA anymore 

honest question what's the last Jets FA that proved to be an asset? I can't remember 

Roll back/stagnant salary cap is going to lead to some talents being cut and on the market that wouldnt normally be.  That probably means solid contributors on defense and interior o-lineman.  That keeps Lawrence from getting his brains beat in and builds a core on D to allow picks to shine and big name finishing pieces to be acquired the following year.

Who is the last big name FA Douglas signed?  Mosely was before him, no?  That guy was a waste.  Bell was wasted by Gase and awful line.  Trumaine Johnson was a terrible GM playing fantasy.

Big name FA who worked out?  Marshall and Decker yr 1?  Faneca type is what i want.  Plug a stud left guard in that O-line, ya make Becton and yer center better.

On 11/28/2020 at 11:46 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

How about his rookie year injury?

Kid is soft, dude.  

And even worse, he is a terrible football player.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2020 at 5:55 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I can't stand Marcus Maye and never wanted him to begin with but I've never considered Maye "injury prone" due to missing 10 games during his 2nd season however he's played every game before and since. 

There are still Jet fans (I see it often) who consider Maye as injury prone lol so I wonder what they label Sam as, injury plagued?

LOL

• Like 1

The only difference between Williams on the Giants and Williams on the Jets is his production is no longer hidden.  

4 hours ago, jgb said:

And even worse, he is a terrible football player.

Right, but even if he was decent, his inability to stay healthy would also disqualify him from being taken seriously as a football player or earning any "awards" down the road. (the argument being made in the conversation was whether he could end up a future Pro Bowler, lol).

It would also disqualify him from getting a legitimate 2nd contract (here or elsewhere).  You can't financially commit heavily to a guy who misses 3+ games every season.  

• Upvote 1