The All Rookie Offensive line (PFF)

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's been banged up and has missed one too many games therefore that's the only reason why we aren't seeing Becton on these types of lists. 

But I really couldn't care less as a Jets fan because I know that once we draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall; we'll then have a Franchise LT protecting Trevor's blindside for many of years to come. 

I will say this though. 

Joe Douglas, drafting a 5th year QB with a college completion percentage within the 50's in James Morgan? During the 4th round? While passing on Tyler Biadasz? Was (and still is) absolutely CRIMINAL

That's why I'm not buying all of this JD is an O-Line guro horse crap because many of us were absolutely in love with Biadasz out of Wisconsin and JD actually passed on an immediate starting NFL O-Lineman who both Sam/Bell desperately needed on the interior? For a crap QB backup project?

Disgusting. 

Yeah, but we were told Bill B. loved Morgan and would draft him if the Jets passed.

Now there's a clever way of building a team..... draft the players you think will help other teams!!

season 2 pose premiere GIF by Pose FX

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's been banged up and has missed one too many games therefore that's the only reason why we aren't seeing Becton on these types of lists. 

But I really couldn't care less as a Jets fan because I know that once we draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall; we'll then have a Franchise LT protecting Trevor's blindside for many of years to come. 

I will say this though. 

Joe Douglas, drafting a 5th year QB with a college completion percentage within the 50's in James Morgan? During the 4th round? While passing on Tyler Biadasz? Was (and still is) absolutely CRIMINAL

That's why I'm not buying all of this JD is an O-Line guro horse crap because many of us were absolutely in love with Biadasz out of Wisconsin and JD actually passed on an immediate starting NFL O-Lineman who both Sam/Bell desperately needed on the interior? For a crap QB backup project?

Disgusting. 

Tyler Biadasz is not good. Was not a good prospect people were just desperate.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I will say this though. 

Disgusting. 

Brutal pick no matter how you slice it. Wanted Biadacz in the worst way

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I will say this though. 

Joe Douglas, drafting a 5th year QB with a college completion percentage within the 50's in James Morgan? During the 4th round? While passing on Tyler Biadasz? Was (and still is) absolutely CRIMINAL. 

Disgusting. 

Did you happen to see an even more important stat for Morgan? His last two years, 40 td's and 12 int's.

• Upvote 1

I think we need to Hold our Enthusiasm a bit on Becton.   His ability is in large part based on his availability.  He needs to stay on the field.

There may be a reason there are not many guys Becton’s size in the NFL their bodies can’t hold up.   Wirfs set all sorts of records for strength at Iowa.  Let’s see how he holds up.  

The most important thing the Jets can do to progress is to revamp their Strength, Conditioning, Training and Medical Program.  I think it currently is split up between what Gase supervises as HC and what Hymie oversees from the team side (Training and Medical).  It obviously is not working,. 

• Upvote 3

On a team that has whiffed on more 1st and 2nd round picks in the last decade than you can count on a centipede's toes, you are really going to the wall over this 4th round pick?  Becton looks great.  Mims starting to look great.  But let's label JD a bust because he drafted a backup QB with his second of three picks in the 4th round on a team where his starter is obviously suspect.  Maybe a little harsh?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I will say this though. 

Disgusting. 

I don’t think the assessment of Morgan is warranted but I also see where you are coming from. Biadiaz probably should’ve been the pick.  But Douglas had already signed McGovern to the position so who knows if biadiaz would gotten in, unless he also played guard.  They also picked Clark before biadiaz and he has yet to play a game.

30 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I will say this though. 

Disgusting. 

I have to be honest I don’t understand why the Morgan pick gets crushed and the Clark pick gets a slide. Quarterback is the most important position in the sport. You like a guy and want to roll the dice in the fourth, fine. If it hits its franchise changing.

I kind of do get it, fans think they’re clever when they just go with the “NEED MORE OFFENSIVE LINE” approach so the Clark pick is fine. I think he needs to show a lot more for that not to be the bad pick in the fourth round.

The Jets had two starters lined up at guard, both signed for three years, plus a couple of backups. Guard isn’t that premium of a position, so a fourth round investment is pretty hefty and should net you a starter. There have been interior OL injuries, Clark has not gotten onto the field. He needs to be a quality starter to justify that pick. That’s the one that should’ve been a receiver, IMO.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I don’t think the assessment of Morgan is warranted but I also see where you are coming from. Biadiaz probably should’ve been the pick.  But Douglas had already signed McGovern to the position so who knows if biadiaz would gotten in, unless he also played guard.  They also picked Clark before biadiaz and he has yet to play a game.

Bozo Joe has got planzzzzz.

• Upvote 1