Joe Douglas drafting James Morgan during the 4th round was absolutely criminal.

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I think we might have something with Mims also, And I had a good feeling about Cager. I just wish these kids could stay on the field.

I know I'm WAYYYYY in the minority when it comes to Gase. No, I don't think he's a Bill Walsh type guru, never bought into that... but it amazes me how so many here gave/give Darnold the "he never had any help around him" and Douglas the "Macc left him nothing" excuses, yet they expected Gase to come here and start winning immediately with the same dregs of a roster.

Bro. No. GTFO with this. 

Darnold at one time was a decent "Prospect". Gase is a talentless know nothing Hack with zero feel for the game, trash interpersonal ability, egomaniacal psychosis, and a total fear of having anyone competent around him that may expose him. Dude is a ******* franchise killer who managed to parlay a year as Peyton Coffee Bitch into two HC jobs by bullsh*tting two of the newest and dumbest owners in the NFL.

Give me a break. We get it, Darnold has sh*t the bed, but Gase is GARBAGE. 

Now go wash your mouth out with some Lifebuoy Soap and Guinness.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bro. No. GTFO with this. 

Darnold at one time was a decent "Prospect". Gase is a talentless know nothing Hack with zero feel for the game, trash interpersonal ability, egomaniacal psychosis, and a total fear of having anyone competent around him that may expose him. Dude is a ******* franchise killer who managed to parlay a year as Peyton Coffee Bitch into two HC jobs by bullsh*tting two of the newest and dumbest owners in the NFL.

^^^ This is pure gold.

Okay, screw it. I'll go with you on this one. :cheers:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bro. No. GTFO with this. 

I'm not going to defend Adam Gase because I want him gone immediately (asap) but Sam Darnold has been awful and has been our offenses #1 problem (yes, even worse than Gase). 

At least Ryan Tannehill put up respectable numbers under Gase during their only two years together going 13-11 overall (.541%), 437/663 (65.9%), 4,974 passing yards (7.5 yards per pass attempt), 36 TD's/21 INT's (1.71 TD-to-INT Ratio) along with a QB Rating of 93.2. 

Compared to Sam Darnold under Gase who's put up trash statistics during their 2 years together going 7-12 (.368%), 385/632 (60.9%), 4,069 passing yards (6.4 yards per pass attempt), 22 TDs/19 INT's (1.15 TD-to-INT Ratio) along with a QB Rating of 78.8. 

It's kind of hard to win as a HC (Gase or anyone else) when your starting QB, as a 3rd year player; ranks 32nd and dead last amongst all starting QBs in QB Rating (65.9). 

Even Jarvis Landry under Gase during their 2 years together went to two Pro Bowls and combined for 206 receptions (292 targets), 2,123 receiving yards and 13 TD receptions with a 70.5% catch rate. 

Compared to Robby Anderson now in Carolina who had to escape SAM DARNOLD in order to finally flourish and now ranks alongside of Teddy Bridgewater 3rd in receptions behind only Diggs/K.Allen (60 catches) and 4th in receiving yards only behind Diggs/Metcalf/Kelce (751 receiving yards)

and omg I couldn't imagine Robby Anderson alongside of a QB with A+ arm strength (which is what both Sam/Bridgewater lacks) such as an Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger or Josh Allen because with Anderson's wheels; he'd become physically impossible to stop and would have a lot more TD's as of right now. 

I know we all dislike Gase and want him gone immediately (and rightfully so) but Sam Darnold has been our #1 problem with Gase a close 2nd (and it's not the other way around). 

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

The guy many posters wanted was Gabriel  Davis who has 19 receptions and 3 TDs.  It’s so easy to cherry pick, isn’t it?

I don't recall this at all.  It most certainly was AGG overwhelmingly 

Even if it was Davis 19 receptions in 9 games ain't exactly "see I told you" material.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Wow, a guy by the name of “Defense Wins Championships” complaining that the Jets drafted a quarterback. 

During the 4th round. Yes. I'm complaining (and I'm sure Sam Darnold and our offense is too). 

But don't worry.

As soon as we draft Trevor Lawrence I'll be retiring my 'DWC' username that I've had since 2005-2006 of DefenseWinsChampionships and a new era of Jets posting will begin for me under my future username of OffenseWinsChampionships with the birth of 'OWC". 

I've just been patiently waiting for the right opportunistic chance to make the change and I'm sorry but the likes of an older and beat up Chad Pennington/Brett Favre/Mark Sanchez/Sam Darnold hasn't really moved the needle for me; however Trevor Lawrence will. 

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm not going to defend Adam Gase because I want him gone immediately (asap) but Sam Darnold has been awful and has been our offenses #1 problem (yes, even worse than Gase). 

At least Ryan Tannehill put up respectable numbers under Gase during their only two years together going 13-11 overall (.541%), 437/663 (65.9%), 4,974 passing yards (7.5 yards per pass attempt), 36 TD's/21 INT's (1.71 TD-to-INT Ratio) along with a QB Rating of 93.2. 

Compared to Sam Darnold under Gase who's put up trash statistics during their 2 years together going 7-12 (.368%), 385/632 (60.9%), 4,069 passing yards (6.4 yards per pass attempt), 22 TDs/19 INT's (1.15 TD-to-INT Ratio) along with a QB Rating of 78.8. 

It's kind of hard to win as a HC (Gase or anyone else) when your starting QB, as a 3rd year player; ranks 32nd and dead last amongst all starting QBs in QB Rating (65.9). 

Even Jarvis Landry under Gase during their 2 years together went to two Pro Bowls and combined for 206 receptions (292 targets), 2,123 receiving yards and 13 TD receptions with a 70.5% catch rate. 

Compared to Robby Anderson now in Carolina who had to escape SAM DARNOLD in order to finally flourish and now ranks alongside of Teddy Bridgewater 3rd in receptions behind only Diggs/K.Allen (60 catches) and 4th in receiving yards only behind Diggs/Metcalf/Kelce (751 receiving yards)

and omg I couldn't imagine Robby Anderson alongside of a QB with A+ arm strength (which is what both Sam/Bridgewater lacks) such as an Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger or Josh Allen because with Anderson's wheels; he'd become physically impossible to stop and would have a lot more TD's as of right now. 

I know we all dislike Gase and want him home immediately (and rightfully so) but Sam Darnold has been our #1 problem with Gase a close 2nd (and it's not the other way around). 

@Jet_Engine1

looks like we're gonna need another bar of Lifebuoy...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't recall this at all.  It most certainly was AGG overwhelmingly 

Even if it was Davis 19 receptions in 9 games ain't exactly "see I told you" material.

Davis was a guy many wanted in the 4th-5th.  AGG was much more out front, but Davis was in the mix.  He came from UCF. He's gonna need a min though. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s Year One of a full tear-down rebuild of what was the worst roster in football. Douglas could have had 20 picks and he still wouldn’t have been able to fill all the holes on this team. I feel like pointing to the drafting of a promising QB prospect in the fourth round with the idea of developing him is a fairly innocent bet, even if you leave some WR3 type-talents on the board, imo

The only question I have is Who is actually developing him? We don't have a QB coach. That's another one of Gase's titles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Davis was a guy many wanted in the 4th-5th.  AGG was much more out front, but Davis was in the mix.  He came from UCF. He's gonna need a min though. 

I remember I really loved your 2020 JN mock draft and we both loved Jerry Jeudy despite the fact that we knew O-Line was a must as well

and if you would have mocked us a 5th year QB out of a no name FIU program with a career completion percentage within the 50"s and lol during the 4th round? With Sam Darnold's NFL life depending on JD's draft? No. I would have no longer loved your mock draft but instead I probably would've crapped all over it.

I can't remember your picks outside of Jeudy but I do believe a couple of your kids you liked fell to us (just can't recall the one's) because on draft night I just remember telling my older brother this GreenBean guy called out a couple of these kids as the picks were happening. 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The guy you all wanted in the fourth round (but have conveniently not mentioned, I presume, after looking at his stats) was Antonio Gandy-Golden, who has one reception for three yards on the year. 

Wanted him on day 3.  The guys to go with should've been Bryan Edwards in rd 3 and Gabriel Davis or Tyler Johnson in round 4.

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I remember I really loved your 2020 JN mock draft and we both loved Jerry Jeudy despite the fact that we knew O-Line was a must as well

and if you would have mocked us a 5th year QB out of a no name FIU program with a career completion percentage within the 50"s and lol during the 4th round? With Sam Darnold's NFL life depending on JD's draft? No. I would have no longer loved your mock draft but instead I probably would've crapped all over it.

I can't remember your picks outside of Jeudy but I do believe a couple of your kids you liked fell to us (just can't recall the one's) because on draft night I just remember telling my older brother this GreenBean guy called out a couple of these kids as the picks were happening. 

I agree man. Mostly. I still don't like the Morgan pick. I think where we separate a bit is that I don't see it as a reason not to believe in JD. He made trades in draft and created more capital which can loosen the reigns to grab some outside guys.  I believe guys like Davis, Perine, Morgan and Mann fall into that category.  Guys like Becton, Mims, Clark, Hall and an edge guy were always getting chosen with our original picks. That shows that JD has an understanding of what a team needs to use the draft for. 

I really liked the draft overall and this was the first time I could say that in forever. There's only a handful of times I felt that way. The Marvin Jones draft, 2006, 2007 and maybe one or two more. (I liked Johnny Mitchell too lol) 

I had a couple of mocks where I tried to do some different things to see how the boards might fall and the only one that made sense all the way to the end was when I took an OT with that first pick. As much as I like Jeudy, and for good reason, the board fell really ugly when a WR was taken in the 1st. 

I took Becton, Perine, Hall, Lamar Jackson and Zuniga in one mock or another.  So yeah I was pretty happy to end up with a few of them. 

I'll say this. If JD would have grabbed DPJ with that 6th instead of trading it to the Colts for Wilson, I would have labeled this the highest potential draft in our history hahaha

That's how close it was for me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's supposed to be some type of "O-Line Guro" but yet he drafted a 5th year project of a QB in James Morgan, out of a small program (FIU), with an NCAA completion percentage within the 50's; and passed up on an awesome Tyler Biadasz (who many of us loved) out of Wisconsin... How does that even... happen?

Tyler Biadasz was selected as a 3rd-team All-Big Ten selection (2017) before developing into an All-Big 10 First-team selection come both years of 2018 and 2019 and Tyler Biadasz also earned the 'Rimington Trophy' last year; which is only awarded to best Center within the Country

(he could've became our next Mawae/Mangold 3.0). 

I'm sorry but Joe Douglas passing on Tyler Biadasz for JAMES MORGAN was and is still absolutely criminal. 

4th round? A premium pick? And you use it on James Morgan? Wow. 

And you know what else frustrates me about this so called "O-Lineman Guro" outside of letting an undrafted WR gem in Robby Anderson hit the open market and selecting James Morgan lol?

Brian Winters is now Buffalo's starting LG for Josh Allen on a 7-2 Bills team. 

Kelvin Beachum is now Arizona's starting RT for Kyler Murray on a 5-3 Cardinals team. 

Brandon Shell is now Seattle's starting RT for Russell Wilson on a 6-2 Seahawks team. 

And in return JD gave us absolute FA O-Line crap in McGovern, Fant and Andrews. 

In closing. I swear. If we finish 0-16 and draft Trevor Lawrence? I want WOODY to bring in a different head coach (someone like Harbaugh) and a brand new GM too (someone who will actually know what to do with all of our available cap space and not pass up on the next Tyler Biadasz @ Center all for the next 4th round QB in "James Morgan" ).  

Becton falling to him was a great pick. Mims was a great pick too. But JD has been an absolute horrible GM thus far (Frank Gore says hello). 

My rant is over. 

Ive actually read a lot about how integral Shell and Beachem are to their team's success.....what a ridiculous point.

Our OL is playing a lot better and Fant has been an excellent RT basically all season, he is significantly better then Shell or Beachem.

Im not happy with the Morgan pick nor do I understand it, but JD's first draft and FA looks very positive. Im certainly not going to kill him for letting Brandon Shell or Brian Winters leave.

• Sympathy 1

I think you're jumping the gun a little bit.  If the GM changed every year, the Jets would never have a winning team .  Also, you're looking at things in hindsight and saying you could have done better. Look at it this way.

All 32 team passed on Tyler Biadasz at least a few times. The Cowboys are a 2-7 team. So although I agree with you on selecting him 4th, his impact towards winning games is not significant.  A QB however, has more value towards winning, and you could make the argument that James Morgan should have started the 3 games that Joe Flacco lost.

You also mentioned the offensive linemen underperforming.  George Fant has 1 penalty and 2 sacks surrendered this year. Brandon Shell has 4 penalties and 3 sacks.  Also look at the money to re-sign Shell, an aging and poor run blocker in Kelvin Beachum, and Joe Douglas mostly made the right calls.  Was he perfect? No.  But he made the right calls with those two examples, he added Cameron Clark who you can't evaluate yet, and he added guys that were higher rated for lower salaries and shorter terms so that he could build the line slowly. It's not a one year fix, that would be short sighted. 

Last thing he did was he's added 27 draft picks in 3 years.  He's added about 10 draft picks in the first 3 rounds as well.  Now he can draft more linemen early, more playmakers. Overall, he's done a great job managing the cap, adding more talented players to the roster for the future, and being flexible.  It's just Jets fans who have unrealistic expectations of a GM fixing everything in a year that don't seem to see that. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

The only question I have is Who is actually developing him? We don't have a QB coach. That's another one of Gase's titles. 

His not suiting up is the one blessing in disguise related to that question. Hopefully end of year when Gase is moved to the mailroom, JD can bring in some better personnel. 

I think Morgan is much more promising than being giving credit for and considering he’s on an incredibly friendly deal, this thread feels more like the OP missed a scheduled shock treatment than rational thought. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's supposed to be some type of "O-Line Guro" but yet he drafted a 5th year project of a QB in James Morgan, out of a small program (FIU), with an NCAA completion percentage within the 50's; and passed up on an awesome Tyler Biadasz (who many of us loved) out of Wisconsin... How does that even... happen?

Tyler Biadasz was selected as a 3rd-team All-Big Ten selection (2017) before developing into an All-Big 10 First-team selection come both years of 2018 and 2019 and Tyler Biadasz also earned the 'Rimington Trophy' last year; which is only awarded to best Center within the Country

(he could've became our next Mawae/Mangold 3.0). 

I'm sorry but Joe Douglas passing on Tyler Biadasz for JAMES MORGAN was and is still absolutely criminal. 

And you know what else frustrates me about this so called "O-Lineman Guro" outside of letting an undrafted WR gem in Robby Anderson hit the open market and selecting James Morgan lol?

Kelvin Beachum is now Arizona's starting RT for Kyler Murray on a 5-3 Cardinals team. 

Brandon Shell is now Seattle's starting RT for Russell Wilson on a 6-2 Seahawks team. 

And in return JD gave us absolute FA O-Line crap in McGovern, Fant and Andrews. 

In closing. I swear. If we finish 0-16 and draft Trevor Lawrence? I want WOODY to bring in a different head coach (someone like Harbaugh) and a brand new GM too (someone who will actually know what to do with all of our available cap space and not pass up on the next Tyler Biadasz @ Center all for the next 4th round QB in "James Morgan" ).  

Becton falling to him was a great pick. Mims was a great pick too. But JD has been an absolute horrible GM thus far (Frank Gore says hello). 

My rant is over. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d8c8466509709f36cdb61ad0d35ddd8.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Game calling and QB development are two different things, so we still have a chance

Maybe

I seriously doubt there is any legit development going on underneath. Maybe Flacco is helping out a bit, but if Sam Darnold is any indicator, Morgan has no chance. Coming from FIU, he needs some serious work ala Andy Reid's crew. :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I seriously doubt there is any legit development going on underneath. Maybe Flacco is helping out a bit, but if Sam Darnold is any indicator, Morgan has no chance. Coming from FIU, he needs some serious work ala Andy Reid's crew. :) 

I didnt say I was optimistic that there was any going on either just hoping that there was a chance, slim as it may be.

If Morgan were to develop with this crew of knumbnuts running the show, he would really be one hell of a talent. ?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

All the whining over a player you've never seen play is mindless.  If he becomes a viable backup who is a long term solution at backup QB or someone we can trade for assets down the road its a great pick.  The crying, moaning and ridiculing of JD is typical.  As typical as picking names after the draft and screaming we should have drafted that guy.

All three of those OL like Winters suck, with their new teams just as they sucked here.  Its not like theyre playing better magically now.  Winters is injured all the time and when he plays has nothing to do with the Bills being a 7-2 team.

• Sympathy 1

If JD believed that Darnold was the guy and that he should focus in his first full offseason in building a team around him, like Buffalo did with Allen and the Browns did with Mayfield, JD would have signed Robby and used his 3rd and 4th round draft picks on the OL and WRs that were available and that are actually playing well this year.   

The fact that he did not do that says something.  

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know we all dislike Gase and want him gone immediately (and rightfully so) but Sam Darnold has been our #1 problem with Gase a close 2nd (and it's not the other way around). 

Yet you started a thread saying how horrible it was for JD to take a guy in the 4th round that has 100x the talent that Sam has to replace our #1 problem?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, varjet said:

If JD believed that Darnold was the guy and that he should focus in his first full offseason in building a team around him, like Buffalo did with Allen and the Browns did with Mayfield, JD would have signed Robby and used his 3rd and 4th round draft picks on the OL and WRs that were available and that are actually playing well this year.   

The fact that he did not do that says something.  

THIS^^

As a 3rd year QB, Sam is a hot mess:

*fails to set pre-snap protections

*fails to locate open WRs

*has happy feet

*holds the ball too long

*is inaccurate, especially deep

I think JD knew these things along before the (now) majority of posters here did.  So, not outbidding and paying a king's ransom for Robby's services was the right call.  Neither the QB nor the HC/OC/QB coach would be able to take advantage of Robby's skillset so why bother.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bro. No. GTFO with this. 

Post of the year!

• Sympathy 1