Joe Douglas drafting James Morgan during the 4th round was absolutely criminal.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

THIS^^

As a 3rd year QB, Sam is a hot mess:

*fails to set pre-snap protections

*fails to locate open WRs

*has happy feet

*holds the ball too long

*is inaccurate, especially deep

I think JD knew these things along before the (now) majority of posters here did.  So, not outbidding and paying a king's ransom for Robby's services was the right call.  Neither the QB nor the HC/OC/QB coach would be able to take advantage of Robby's skillset so why bother.  

The question is what was JD’s plan, if any?  I don’t think it was to tank 2020 and draft Trevor Lawrence.  That was actually a bonus.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

All the whining over a player you've never seen play is mindless.  If he becomes a viable backup who is a long term solution at backup QB or someone we can trade for assets down the road its a great pick.  The crying, moaning and ridiculing of JD is typical.  As typical as picking names after the draft and screaming we should have drafted that guy.

All three of those OL like Winters suck, with their new teams just as they sucked here.  Its not like theyre playing better magically now.  Winters is injured all the time and when he plays has nothing to do with the Bills being a 7-2 team.

THIS! THIS AND MORE THIS!

Nobody has ANY idea what is going to happen.  To suggest such is complete nonsense.

This wasn't a one draft fix.  This is how a REAL GM should and would approach it.  We don't know what we have in Douglas, but we need help everywhere on this team.  If Joe Douglas thinks James Morgan as a QB backup prospect over one of the WR's that were available, then you do it.  

How did it work out when Robert Griffin Jr. was drafted and Washington still used a 4th on Kirk Cousins?  

James Morgan might very well be a wasted pick.  There is no way to know.  But to keep harping about this in a season when we are 0-9 and to think a 4th round WR would make a difference is childish.  If its too hard to watch right now, don't watch.  Come back just before the 2022 draft and see where we are at.  

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

THIS! THIS AND MORE THIS!

Nobody has ANY idea what is going to happen.  To suggest such is complete nonsense.

This wasn't a one draft fix.  This is how a REAL GM should and would approach it.  We don't know what we have in Douglas, but we need help everywhere on this team.  If Joe Douglas thinks James Morgan as a QB backup prospect over one of the WR's that were available, then you do it.  

How did it work out when Robert Griffin Jr. was drafted and Washington still used a 4th on Kirk Cousins?  

James Morgan might very well be a wasted pick.  There is no way to know.  But to keep harping about this in a season when we are 0-9 and to think a 4th round WR would make a difference is childish.  If its too hard to watch right now, don't watch.  Come back just before the 2022 draft and see where we are at.  

Its the world of instant gratification.  We have people crying all the time that others never tried to show patience and build something and then when someone like a JD comes in with a plan, a plan to build something sustainable, we get people complaining that we didnt fix everything on day 1.  Fill 14 spots on the roster with 7 draft picks.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

fails to locate open WRs

*has happy feet

*holds the ball too long

What open WRs?  Oh some video where you cant see what the QBs perspective is as hes being chased by a DL?  

Happy feet?  While getting hit on every play

Holds the ball too long?  On a team without WRs worth a damn who cant get open?

Inaccurate on deep balls?  All those open deep WRs he missed, when? 

Hes had a bad year, but I know we've moved on to the next big dream but come on.  Hes been sabotaged since year one and the lack of talent on this unit has lead to most of this

21 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Ordinarily drafting a quarterback outside of about the top 12 picks is a dumb use of resources. Morgan was a pretty specific proposition. Darnold was probably going to have to be replaced, we probably weren't going to have a top 2 pick, and there possibly wasn't going to be a college football season. Fortunately it looks like we're not going to have to worry about having a plausible alternative to drafting Trey Lance blind, but there's a lot of season left.

But what's the margin on Morgan over WR/OL/CB in the 4th, as opposed to some rando flyer in the 6th or 7th? Especially since two said randos (Luton and DiNucci) are starting games while Morgan can't get past Joe Flacco on the depth chart in a totally lost season.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What open WRs?  Oh some video where you cant see what the QBs perspective is as hes being chased by a DL?  

Hes had a bad year, but I know we've moved on to the next big dream but come on.  Hes been sabotaged since year one and the lack of talent on this unit has lead to most of this

:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

This is 2020 and just like in 2018 and 2019, Darnold stinks.

Stop with this nonsense.

5 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

THIS^^

As a 3rd year QB, Sam is a hot mess:

*fails to set pre-snap protections

*fails to locate open WRs

*has happy feet

*holds the ball too long

I think JD knew these things along before the (now) majority of posters here did.  So, not outbidding and paying a king's ransom for Robby's services was the right call.  Neither the QB nor the HC/OC/QB coach would be able to take advantage of Robby's skillset so why bother.  

Exactly all points made about Sam Darnold are correct. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

But what's the margin on Morgan over WR/OL/CB in the 4th, as opposed to some rando flyer in the 6th or 7th? Especially since two said randos (Luton and DiNucci) are starting games while Morgan can't get past Joe Flacco on the depth chart in a totally lost season.

If the plan was for the Jets to sign an expensive FA QB, or even to pay Darnold $25mm next year, and James Morgan was your backup for $780K (as opposed to the $10mm McCown was paid), then I guess the Morgan pick could be pretty genius.  

But if the plan was to compete in 2020 or at least help Darnold as much as possible this year, the Morgan pick is not looking very good. 

So the jury is still out.  I think if Trevor Lawrence is our QB next year we will want a veteran of some sort, who will cost a bit, thus marking Morgan at best the QB3.  

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I guess you’re going to prove it’s nonsense by disputing what o said??

The Darnold debate is over, my friend.

You want to find someone to have it with, I wish you the best. It won't be with me though... I took a lot of crap here the last two two years for questioning this kid, and I see no need to do it anymore. 

I'm just going to enjoy taking my hard earned Victory Lap.

:cheers:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The Darnold debate is over, my friend.

You want to find someone to have it with, I wish you the best. It won't be with me though... I took a lot of crap here the last two two years for questioning this kid, and I see no need to do it anymore. 

I'm just going to enjoy taking my hard earned Victory Lap.

:cheers:

As long as you hitch your horse to DJones, while hes actually ranked below Darnold and the midget, you shouldn't claim any victory laps

image.png.a6cd7cbc99eb06baed5b7cb47f1b50b4.png

On 11/13/2020 at 10:27 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's supposed to be some type of "O-Line Guro" but yet he drafted a 5th year project of a QB in James Morgan, out of a small program (FIU), with an NCAA completion percentage within the 50's; and passed up on an awesome Tyler Biadasz (who many of us loved) out of Wisconsin... How does that even... happen?

Tyler Biadasz was selected as a 3rd-team All-Big Ten selection (2017) before developing into an All-Big 10 First-team selection come both years of 2018 and 2019 and Tyler Biadasz also earned the 'Rimington Trophy' last year; which is only awarded to best Center within the Country

(he could've became our next Mawae/Mangold 3.0). 

I'm sorry but Joe Douglas passing on Tyler Biadasz for JAMES MORGAN was and is still absolutely criminal. 

4th round? A premium pick? And you use it on James Morgan? Wow. 

And you know what else frustrates me about this so called "O-Lineman Guro" outside of letting an undrafted WR gem in Robby Anderson hit the open market and selecting James Morgan lol?

Brian Winters is now Buffalo's starting LG for Josh Allen on a 7-2 Bills team. 

Kelvin Beachum is now Arizona's starting RT for Kyler Murray on a 5-3 Cardinals team. 

Brandon Shell is now Seattle's starting RT for Russell Wilson on a 6-2 Seahawks team. 

And in return JD gave us absolute FA O-Line crap in McGovern, Fant and Andrews. 

In closing. I swear. If we finish 0-16 and draft Trevor Lawrence? I want WOODY to bring in a different head coach (someone like Harbaugh) and a brand new GM too (someone who will actually know what to do with all of our available cap space and not pass up on the next Tyler Biadasz @ Center all for the next 4th round QB in "James Morgan" ).  

Becton falling to him was a great pick. Mims was a great pick too. But JD has been an absolute horrible GM thus far (Frank Gore says hello). 

My rant is over. 

Your rants are never over. 

• WTF? 1

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As long as you hitch your horse to DJones, while hes actually ranked below Darnold and the midget, you shouldn't claim any victory laps

image.png.a6cd7cbc99eb06baed5b7cb47f1b50b4.png

You forget to mention "my horse" was hitched to Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson all being better than Sam back in '18, the year before Jones came into the league. (looking back I was amazing that year, wasn't I?) 

Then in '19 when you guys were knocking Gettleman for taking Barkley way back in those "Sam is our Franchise QB" days, what I actually said was DG did better than the Jets by passing on Sam and taking Saquon and Jones (me being right again) and Jones would turn out to be as good as Darnold.

It turns out I WAS wrong then about Jones. It now looks like he'll end up having a much better career than Darnold. Oh well, I guess I couldn't get them all right.

Who knew it would end up me, not Gase, being real QB guru, huh? ?

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You forget to mention "my horse" was hitched to Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson all being better than Sam back in '18, the year before Jones came into the league. (looking back I was amazing that year, wasn't I?) 

Then in '19 when you guys were knocking Gettleman for taking Barkley way back in those "Sam is our Franchise QB" days, what I actually said was DG did better than the Jets by passing on Sam and taking Saquon and Jones (me being right again) and Jones would turn out to be as good as Darnold.

It turns out I WAS wrong then about Jones. It now looks like he'll end up having a much better career than Darnold. Oh well, I guess I couldn't get them all right.

BTW my call last year that Herbert would be a great last seems like another excellent one, despite the hits I took for that also. Who knew it would end up me, not Gase, being real QB guru, huh? ?

Baker still sucks.  Lamar Jackson is now a bottom of the league QB who the league seems to have figured out.

So you hitched yourself to every QB drafted other than Sam?  

Theres talk in NY that the Giants might be moving on from Jones, you weren't right.  Hes ranked below Sam.  With a better OL and WRs.  And a running game.  Maybe instead of claiming you like every QB that you think would annoy Jets fans you should think a little

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll make one comment. 

Did you watch Flacco?  After he got killed initially while under center he soon began nonchalantly throwing it 10 seats deep if his WR's weren't open.  That one thing would solve most of Sam's issues.  I'd bet his accuracy might even improve a bit if he felt in control out there.    

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Baker still sucks.  Lamar Jackson is now a bottom of the league QB who the league seems to have figured out.

So you hitched yourself to every QB drafted other than Sam?  

Theres talk in NY that the Giants might be moving on from Jones, you weren't right.  Hes ranked below Sam.  With a better OL and WRs.  And a running game.  Maybe instead of claiming you like every QB that you think would annoy Jets fans you should think a little

Yada yada. 

Looking back, You could say I put on a virtuoso performance. One for the ages.

...and you had a front row seat. I can only hope you enjoyed it.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Good plan.  Then sign Thuney and your line is very good.  I just wish they could play Edoga at RT more to see if he’s the long term solution.  I cringe whenever he’s at LT.

Thuney is a must. Enough of these JAGS. Get a premium guard.  Leave Fant at RT nd can fill in at LT if needed. He's decent.  Edoga is a good back up at G or RT.

10 hours ago, varjet said:

The question is what was JD’s plan, if any?  I don’t think it was to tank 2020 and draft Trevor Lawrence.  That was actually a bonus.  

I think a better question is should JD try to construct a roster which compliments Gase's "system" or should he build a roster that he himself likes?  If it was me, I'd build my team my way and trust the HC to achieve with it.  Sink or swim.      

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Who knew it would end up me, not Gase, being real QB guru, huh? ?

Get over yourself. You weren't the only one who loved Barkley, I have many threads claiming Barkley was the best player heading into that draft etc

But any of us idiots can guess and get 1st round picks either right or wrong... So who were your 2nd, 3rd and 4th round can't miss prospects?

Show us all just how genius you really were (outside of the 1st round)...

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Get over yourself. You weren't the only one who loved Barkley, I have many threads claiming Barkley was the best player heading into that draft etc

But any of us idiots can guess and get 1st round picks either right or wrong... So who were your 2nd, 3rd and 4th round can't miss prospects?

Show us all just how genius you really were (outside of the 1st round)...

Yawn.

Go back and read it again. Slower this time, and try harder to comprehend what you read.

Whether or not "I liked Barkley" has nothing to do with what we were talking about. 

What I did back then was defend Gettleman for making that pick when everyone here was laughing at the Giants for "gifting us Sam Darnold" back in 2018 and '19.

...and spare me your "mock draft" BS. I'm sorry, but to me mock drafting is only a thing for those who like playing amateur GM while wearing team jerseys with another man's name on the back. 

If you're one of those people, good for you. I'm not.

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Tell me what Bienemy actually does  :)  

That's a question nobody can answer. .

The guy has been interviewed numerous times the last couple of years and no team has been impressed enough to hire him.

My opinion? the only thing he does is run the practices on that side of the ball during the week. Come game day, Andy takes over. He's to Reid as Loggins is to Gase.

Wanting to hire Bienemy is a akin to looking at a Bill Belichek defense and thinking his DC will be a slam dunk hire.

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2020 at 8:37 AM, Jet Nut said:

I didnt say I was optimistic that there was any going on either just hoping that there was a chance, slim as it may be.

If Morgan were to develop with this crew of knumbnuts running the show, he would really be one hell of a talent. ?

Agreed.  4 QB's on the team. Not one QB coach.  It's really quite ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That's a question nobody can answer. .

The guy has been interviewed numerous times the last couple of years and no team has been impressed enough to hire him.

My opinion? the only thing he does is run the practices on that side of the ball during the week. Come game day, Andy takes over. He's to Reid as Loggins is to Gase.

Wanting to hire Bienemy is a akin to looking at a Bill Belichek defense and thinking his DC will be a slam dunk hire.

Agreed. That's not to say he won't be a great superbowl winning HC someday.  But I don't see it. He's a guy shrouded in mystery. They have a great Offensive minded HC and a very talented QB coach who is always sitting with Mahomes on the sideline. So where is Bienemy's expertise?  Again, I don't know. I'm not saying he WILL suck, but I'm not seeing what the hubub is about him. And like you said he's had interviews. And respectfully, some of those were for Rooney Rule appeasement, but if he impressed he'd be a HC imo. 

Bienemy scares me more than any other candidate on the list. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1