Joe Douglas drafting James Morgan during the 4th round was absolutely criminal.

2 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

Quite a jump there, no?  Perhaps he could be great on many teams, but to think this current Jets team is one of them?  We'd be running him out of town before he even had a chance . . .

Yes, perhaps he could.  I took your original comment to mean that only Allen made that possible.  

On 11/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, Beerfish said:

It was a terrible pick.  Why was it a terrible pick? 

For starters has there been one person on these boards pumping Morgan to be a possible starter next years since Darnold is on the outs?  None. 

You never draft 'backups' you draft guys who you think will be starters, look at most of the backups in this league.  Vets that did not work out as #2 guys elsewhere.

Besides the two olineman mentioned in this thread  (If Clark works out the oilne at this point is not a terrible thing) Wr is the glaring obvious pick along with TE.

The Jets were very weak at WR, MANY other teams double and some tripled dipped in a strong WR draft.  the jets put all their eggs in the mims basket and he got hurt.

Douglas did some good things in his 1st draft but on a team with glaring holes all over the roster (CB's anyone?) he picked a player who they and the fans hope never starts.

Fluck I am smart s-m-r-t smart!

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2020 at 10:38 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok. What's your point? Becton (who I absolutely love) has already missed more than two games. 

Biadasz was the Nation's #1 Center heading into the draft and both of Becton and Biadasz should be our starting LT and Center moving forward as of right now. 

Heck. Even drafting Gabriel Davis WR who went to Buffalo would've been a much better pick for our future offense. 

Morgan was an absolute wasted pick. 

Get over it already. 

7 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

If that were so then why didn't Morgan see one snap when Gase was HC? 

Seriously... That's your response. Ok, let me tell you. It's because he was a rookie, and we had Darnold. It wasn't so much for 2020 but beyond. Again, I'm not saying it was a great pick because I didn't like it either. I'm just saying that I believe that most of the picks in 2020 were for the team Gase has, not the one he and Saleh are trying to build.