Which 2020 1st round pick has been most disappointing thus far (& which player did you want)?

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Always assumed most pro ready meant lowest ceiling.  But in Thomas' case he seems to have a low floor. 

Someone should compile a dictionary of what draft labels really mean.  "High motor guy" is usually a core special teamer.  "High football IQ" is limited athletically, a career back up. 

And if a guy labels himself "Prez" it means take the QB instead.

"10+ Talent" means wont survive their rookie deal.  I believe Francesa used that label on Mike Williams and Robert Gallery in back to back drafts, then never again when referring to NFL prospects.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Didn’t think Burrow would look as good as he has. Herbert I think caught most everyone by surprise.

I knew Burrow would look really good because (as a 5th year college kid) he just put up the greatest NCAA single season of All-Time last year (still TL's only loss). 

But I'm completely in awe and shocked over Justin Herbert; he's the real deal (I didn't expect it either). 

ESPN mainstream media doesn't seem to want to admit/acknowledge it because Burrow is their #1 overall pick Golden Boy; but Herbert has Burrow beat within each and every Quarterbacking statistical category known to man kind thus far (on a per game basis).

Herbert: 7 games.
181/269 (67.3%).
2,146 passing yards.
8.0 yards per pass attempt.
306 passing yards per game.
17 TD's/5 INT's.
3.4 TD-to-INT Ratio.
33 rushes, 166 rush yards (5.0), 2 rush TDs.
QB Rating: 104.7.

Burrow: 8 games.
221/330 (67.0%).
2,272 passing yards.
6.9 yards per pass attempt.
284 passing yards per game.
11 TD's/5 INTs.
2.2 TD-to-INT Ratio.
35 rushes, 130 rush yards (3.7), 3 rush TDs.
QB Rating: 91.4.

I actually love Herbert's 6'6 size a whole lot more than Burrow's 6'3 frame too but yea, Justin Herbert is actually the one who's enjoying the greatest rookie season out of a QB of All-time (with Burrow a close 2nd)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lith said:

+1. 

I try not to overrate prospects who come out of Georgia, but I can't help but think I did that with Thomas.  I guess when I watch a guy every Saturday its easy to want him more than other guys I have seen less of.  

Don't give up on your GA kid Thomas, just yet. 

according to Pro Football Focus, he has had his two highest-graded performances in back-to-back weeks against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington. 

I loved him coming out too and thought he was the best offensive lineman myself; and still believe he's going to develop into and become a really good one. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't give up on your GA kid Thomas, just yet. 

according to Pro Football Focus, he has had his two highest-graded performances in back-to-back weeks against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington. 

I loved him coming out too and thought he was the best offensive lineman myself; and still believe he's going to develop into and become a really good one. 

Agreed.  I don't think you can give up on any rookie halfway through their first season.  But your question was around who has been disappointing so far.  He may still be a really good player, but has struggled to date.

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I don't think you can give up on any rookie halfway through their first season.  But your question was around who has been disappointing so far.  He may still be a really good player, but has struggled to date.

What fun is it to be patient and wait.  We’re Jets fans. Cut him and fire the GM 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JTJet said:

I would very much like to see evidence that you were pulling for Tee Higgins above Jerry Jeudy. 

"Show me the receipts" as they say. 

You put me to work.  I waffled between Jeudy and Higgins and eventually decided Higgins size+production made him the better option, since Jeudy was more of a YAC phenomenon that had his way in college, but wouldn't be as successful in the pro's. (In response to Bitonti who was all-in on Ruggs) from April:

Ruggs isn't half the receiver Lamb or Juedy is.  He didn't have even close to their production in college.  Tee Higgins blows him away statistically and he's 6'4", 215 pounds and a jump-ball machine.  Ruggs would be an absolute epic fail at 11.  Who loved him before his 40 time came out? He runs fast = Tyreek Hill?  No it doesn't.   Kid isn't even top 5 WR in this draft.  Sorry if i sound like a prick.  I like you, just not Henry ruggs III.

Before the above, in March (pick your top 3 WR):

CeeDee Lamb

Jerry Jeudy

Tee Higgins

This is my list as well.  Higgins ran a 4.43 at 6'3 and 216lbs, has a ton of production and 13 TD's in 15 games last year.  He's big, fast and can catch the ball anywhere.  Not sure why he's getting so overlooked.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

You put me to work.  I waffled between Jeudy and Higgins and eventually decided Higgins size+production made him the better option, since Jeudy was more of a YAC phenomenon that had his way in college, but wouldn't be as successful in the pro's. (In response to Bitonti who was all-in on Ruggs) from April:

Ruggs isn't half the receiver Lamb or Juedy is.  He didn't have even close to their production in college.  Tee Higgins blows him away statistically and he's 6'4", 215 pounds and a jump-ball machine.  Ruggs would be an absolute epic fail at 11.  Who loved him before his 40 time came out? He runs fast = Tyreek Hill?  No it doesn't.   Kid isn't even top 5 WR in this draft.  Sorry if i sound like a prick.  I like you, just not Henry ruggs III.

Before the above, in March (pick your top 3 WR):

CeeDee Lamb

Jerry Jeudy

Tee Higgins

This is my list as well.  Higgins ran a 4.43 at 6'3 and 216lbs, has a ton of production and 13 TD's in 15 games last year.  He's big, fast and can catch the ball anywhere.  Not sure why he's getting so overlooked.

I will give you credit for talking about him early on, but I see you rating Higgins above Ruggs not Jeudy and then later on agreeing that Jeudy is better. Regardless, you were still advocating for Higgins over a different first rounder than Jeudy, so all's well that ends well. 

Just sayin lol. I do love the tenacity of digging up the info!

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

I will give you credit for talking about him early on, but I see you rating Higgins above Ruggs not Jeudy and then later on agreeing that Jeudy is better. Regardless, you were still advocating for Higgins over a different first rounder than Jeudy, so all's well that ends well. 

Just sayin lol. I do love the tenacity of digging up the info!

King P made the list and I just agreed those were top 3.  I liked Lamb then Higgins, then Jeudy by draft day.  Couldn't understand the love for Ruggs, though.  I think people just fell in love with his 40 time.  Claypool didn't make my top 5, so bragging about how smart I was in April doesn't really fly.  Anyway we didn't get any of them.  I'd still take Becton where we did.

I was an A1.) Jeudy and A2) Lamb guy. 

I absolutely hated the thought of Ruggs because he completely disappeared during Alabama's bowl games and had long stretches of games with only 1, 2, 3 receptions per game etc. Never wanted him @ all; whatsoever. 

I do remember there were a couple of Jet fans who were strong on the Justin Jefferson wagon. I always overlooked Jefferson and I can admit I was wrong for that because he's been impressive as a rookie thus far recording 28 receptions for 537 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions. 

On a side note what were the Philadelphia Eagles thinking when selecting Jalen Reagor 21st overall? I was like WHO??? I don't remember any of us Jet fans talking about him heading into the draft and looking at his NCAA statistical production he looked like a mid round pick to me.