Lynch is bold in San Fran

Jetster

Did you know; Jimmy G has played more complete seasons than Sam Darnold?  lol 

Joking aside, it makes sense.  Not sure that him being from Cali really matters more than the 49ers are going to need to replace Jimmy G. but it certainly cant hurt the cause. Shanahan has made Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard sometimes look considerably better than Sam so maybe he can turn him into an decent enough player to help them win some games.  

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did you know; Jimmy G has played more complete seasons than Sam Darnold?  lol 

Joking aside, it makes sense.  Not sure that him being from Cali really matters more than the 49ers are going to need to replace Jimmy G. but it certainly cant hurt the cause. Shanahan has made Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard sometimes look considerably better than Sam so maybe he can turn him into an decent enough player to help them win some games.  

Well then JD better have a deal in place before picking up Darnolds $25m 5th year option. Will JD make that commitment w/o having a suitor lined up. Would SF give up a #1 for 1 year of Darnold production or lack thereof? 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well then JD better have a deal in place before picking up Darnolds $25m 5th year option. Will JD make that commitment w/o having a suitor lined up. Would SF give up a #1 for 1 year of Darnold production or lack thereof? 

I think the play for a team willing to trade for Darnold is next year at $4.6mm salary with the opportunity to Franchise him if he works out.  The franchise tag is a bit more than the 5th year option.  I don’t think anyone commits to Sam’s 5th year option at this point for $25mm.  

I still think year 4 and the Franchise Tag, even if only used as a negotiating tool, is a fair deal.  I believe, based on past experience, the market for that is a mid-low second round pick.  I would take that pick and start over.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think the play for a team willing to trade for Darnold is next year at $4.6mm salary with the opportunity to Franchise him if he works out.  The franchise tag is a bit more than the 5th year option.  I don’t think anyone commits to Sam’s 5th year option at this point for $25mm.  

I still think year 4 and the Franchise Tag, even if only used as a negotiating tool, is a fair deal.  I believe, based on past experience, the market for that is a mid-low second round pick.  I would take that pick and start over.  

No way I trade him for a 2nd! Not for a QB that young. This isn't Jamarcus Russell we're talking about, Sam still has potential hasn't played consistent enough to demand a large contract & might have to concede to a bridge prove it contract. 

• Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, varjet said:

I believe, based on past experience, the market for that is a mid-low second round pick.  I would take that pick and start over.  

That will sting, especially if we’re sending Darnold to a team like the Niners, where he has a better than average chance to flourish. 

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

No way I trade him for a 2nd! Not for a QB that young. This isn't Jamarcus Russell we're talking about, Sam still has potential hasn't played consistent enough to demand a large contract & might have to concede to a bridge prove it contract. 

Good enough to get traded for a first but not good enough to get paid is a pretty small needle to thread Sam Darnold's fat head through.

• Upvote 2

We are such trash I'd laugh harder if we weren't so absurd....

Draft trevor into a horrible situation while admitting Sam should be above average in SF and think you are getting a 1st for him....

We took a kid who could have been fun to watch in the right style of play action mixed with air raid offense. Instead put him in the most meticulous vanilla WCO Adam Gase could concoct. We allowed his 75¢ brain turn into a 10¢ brain through a mix of inept offense, bottom 10 o line play, and welcomed PTSD from opposing pass rushers ....

The kid is a shell of what he hoped he'd be and people think this situation is going to end well with another 1st to go along with Trevor let's see what the Jets reality looks like 9 months from now ....

I'm going to continue to expect and some how enjoy a large trash fire.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Draft trevor into a horrible situation while admitting Sam should be above average in SF and think you are getting a 1st for him....

We took a kid who could have been fun to watch in the right style of play action mixed with air raid offense. Instead put him in the most meticulous vanilla WCO Adam Gase could concoct. We allowed his 75¢ brain turn into a 10¢ brain through a mix of inept offense, bottom 10 o line play, and welcomed PTSD from opposing pass rushers ....

The kid is a shell of what he hoped he'd be and people think this situation is going to end well with another 1st to go along with Trevor let's see what the Jets reality looks like 9 months from now ....

Very hard to argue with anything here.

We'll know the Jets are on the right track if and only if ...

1) They get serious about hiring a real HC, someone they're going to have to pay big money to - Bienemy or the coordinator of the month isn't the answer.

2) They understand it needs to be Offense, Offense and more offense.  All premium resources (draft and FA) NEED to go to support whoever the new QB is.  The defense will have to fend for itself as you build up your QB.  You can worry about defense after your QB has built the NFL skill-set and confidence to carry the team.  He should be given EVERY opportunity possible.  Protection and Weapons.

Bottom line: If they bring in the super bowl winning DC or OC as HC and do the one-for-offense, one-for-defense draft strategy then it'll be a whole lot of the same and we'll be looking to draft a QB again in 3 years.

• Upvote 4

Without a coaching change here in NY, Sam is just going to flounder.  If we got a coach who knew what he was doing, Sam might have a chance.  A change of scenery might help Sam.  I dont think the Jets  are going to get rid of Gase.  Keep an eye on that right shoulder of Sam's.  There might be more going on than what the Jets and Sam are saying.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Oh stop! He didn’t once play with all 3 WRs like Flacco did once this year & Herndons trash! 
I can’t wait if we draft Trevor to see what we get for Darnold. It’s gonna be a late 1 maybe 2022. 

• Upvote 1

Jimmy G isn’t all that but he’s way better than Sam, no way Sam could ever make some of the throws Jimmy had to make on that Super Bowl run. 

its amazing people believe sam will leave the NYJ and become the next great LOL.

when he’s out the league you same people will be crying “he would’ve been good we just ruined him” , while forgetting he was a flawed prospect to began with. This kid did not have that Andrew Luck billing coming out of USC and the kid has the same flaws he had at USC. 

I guess NO, SF, or PIT can beat happy feet and poor decision making out of Sam. (The same happy feet and poor decision making Sam had at USC)

SMFH

• Upvote 1

I don't see any team giving up a 1st round pick for the 32nd and dead last rated QB within the entire league here in 2020 however, if San Francisco was willing to give us their first round pick? It'll become a major steal of a building block for Trevor Lawrence.

Just imagine signing one of either Allen Robinson/JuJu as our big splash WR FA before....

QB: Trevor Lawrence (1A). 

TE: Kyle Pitts (1B/San Francisco pick). 

WR: Rondale Moore (1C/Seattle pick). 

RB: Najee Harris (1st pick of 2nd round). 

QB: Trevor Lawrence. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

RB: Najee Harris. 

WR1: Allen Robinson/JuJu.

Slot: Rondale Moore.

WR2: Denzel Mims.

TE: Kyle Pitts.

WR4: Jamison Crowder. 

OMG. We'd literally and immediately transform into one of the most talented young offenses within the entire league and the most exciting JETS offense any of us can ever remember, because when Jamison Crowder is your 4th WR/5th offensive option within the passing game; it means that Trevor Lawrence would be stepping into a Patrick Mahomes type of KC offensive environment. 

We'd then head into the 3rd round (two premium picks) and able to focus on interior O-Line and/or Pass Rusher/CB (sky becomes the limit) because our offense is already fully loaded @ skilled player positions (QB/RB/WR/TE). 

So yes. If we could receive a mid 1st for Sam it's a no brainier; make it happen JD. 

• Upvote 1

Only way the Jets could get a first round pick for Darnold is if they package him with the Seattle pic to move from 27 to 24.

Probably need 2 teams who really want him, bidding each other up, to get more than a 5th.  Jets get top pick, entire league knows they gotta dump him.  That means fielding low ball offers.

Just because Douglas fleeced Seattle for Adams doesnt mean every GM in the league turns into a moron when they are on the other end of a phone with him.

• Upvote 1

Sam Darnold is a very talented quarterback. He has huge arm strength.. bigger than Josh Allen. He has a huge leader like personality bigger than Baker Mayfield. He is smooth and cool, so much so that the ladies love him more than Josh Whoever from UCLA with the hot tub. He has amazing field vision like Aaron Rodgers and an insane skill set in the pocket and out of it like Russell Wilson. He is legitimately a team changing, Super Bowl winning, type talent. With that said, I think some team needs to give us at least a 1 first round pick for him.. but I am willing to take a third. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

If it's not a 1st, will you stop posting new threads?

How about this. IF we draft Trevor or Fields & Sam is put up on the block, if we get less than a #1 for Sam whether its a 2021 or 2022, I won't post anything on the site for a month & if it is for a 1st round pick, we don't see anything from you for a month here. 

It’s a joke to think any GM is going to give fair value for SD based on this year’s performance. 

If JD really thinks that Sam is a good qb but believes TL is significantly better, then he has to keep Sam on roster and start him in 2021. This is what Miami has done with Tua. Sam could then be moved at the trade deadline or after the season. From cap perspective, that’s a costly approach. So either choice carries a lot of risk. 

Sam for a late 1st round pick has been my mindset, but the Steelers and Saints (two of the mentioned landing spots are both bottom-4 teams in cap space), perhaps a more realistic/logical destination would be Dallas at pick #35 or so, or the Colts for a mid-second (‘21) & something from ‘22.

• Upvote 1

I don't think a 1st is possible for Sam anymore... Especially when a QB desperate team can just simply draft one 1st round. 

but I do believe we can get two 2nd's for him (getting 2/3 of the 2nd rounders we gave away to trade up for Sam); in order to use those (extra) two 2nd rounders while building around Trevor Lawrence over the next two draft's. 

At worst we should be able to get a 2021 2nd and 3rd round pick(s) for Sam before heading into our 2021 NFL draft; and I'd gladly accept them within a NY minute giving us two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders and three 3rd rounders in order to completely re-vamp and rejuvenate the offensive side of the ball around Trevor Lawrence (early Defense can wait until 2022's off-season imo). 

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

That 49er front office is an active group & there is no doubt in my mind that they aren't keeping an eye on Sam Darnold & the situation developing with the New York Jets. 

Sam is way too young & has too many skills to give up on and landing in San Francisco with Kyle Shanahan could be the best situation for the young man. Sam Darnold has never had a running game in his 3 years here, Shanahan came in here & showed us what a good running game looks like using stretch plays & great blocking to kick our azzes. 

Circumstances just didn't work out here for Sam quick enough & time has run out on his rookie contract here. I think 2021 is pretty cut & dry depending on where we end up in the draft. If we're at #1 or #2 in the draft, Sam gets put out for auction. 

Sams from Dana Point California, his family lives there still, and the 49ers are definitely in the need of a QB. Garapolo can't stay healthy, they were a team on the rise, and while Darnold has been spinning his wheels here going home, being more comfortable & stepping into a much more advanced offense with weapons all around him could easily salvage his career. 

To me this just seems like a no brainer, and I would be shocked if we draft a new QB if the Niners aren't the 1st team calling. The teams around the Niners are on the rise, Seattle, Arizona, Rams, all with good young QBs & Russell Wilson. Salvaging a guy like Sam for a mid #1 pick is a chance I think they'll take. You look at the Niners roster WHEN HEALTHY and a mid round 1st probably doesn't even get on the field. If we pick 1 or 2, the Vegas odds will be pointing to Shanahan & the 49ers. 

You forgot three things.

1. Lynch is bold. He isn't stupid.

2. Darnold sucks.

3. Mullens is a better QB.

If the 49ers give up on Jimmy G, why would they take on somebody else's bust as far into his rookie deal as Sam would be? Don't you think they're smart enough to draft a QB of their own instead?

If the Jets do find a team dumb enough to trade him to, this board is going to be shocked when they see the return we get for Sam. Even if the Jets get Lawrence they might have to keep Sam, drag this out another year and THEN release him. LOL at the guys thinking he's worth a #1 or 2 pick.

Don't listen to 80 and his nonsense about there's no way Sam will be here next year. It's actually the most likely outcome.

• Upvote 1