Zach Wilson

NYJ1

34 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Thank god you're not calling the shots in KC 

"Mahomes was ranked as the No. 398 prospect in the 2014 recruiting class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, which placed him as the No. 29 pro-style quarterback prospect and the No. 82 player in the state of Texas.

Patrick Mahomes' Red Raiders went 13-19. His best season in Lubbock came in 2015, when Texas Tech went 7-5 in the regular season."

Dude. Stop acting like Mahomes didn't go to an already juggernaut KC offensive attack led by Andy Reid with the likes of Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce and two Pro Bowl offensive lineman already in place by the time Patrick Mahomes ever even took his first snap as a KC starting QB (2018). 

Andy Reid was KCs head coach during 5 years from 2013-2017 before Mahomes became a starter in 2018 and from 2013-2017 Reid's KC Chiefs had 4 postseason appearances and 5 winning seasons going a combined winning record of 53-27 (.662%). 

Yes. Patrick Mahomes has helped Reid and KC get over the hump but let's stop acting and pretending that Mahomes all of a sudden "turned them into winners"; because he didn't (he was simply drafted into a dream offensive atmosphere). 

And yes. Trevor Lawrence is twice the QB prospect that Patrick Mahomes ever was coming out and if drafted by the Jets, Mahomes would have a career losing record in the NFL (just as he did in college). 

Thankfully for Trevor Lawrence and our Jets he'll already have a Franchise LT in place in Becton to protect his blindside, Mims/Crowder @ WR, A+ available cap space in order to build around along with the most amount of draft picks/draft capital compared to any other team over the next 3 drafts. 

Mahomes would have flopped like a fish as a Jet; if not for being drafted into an already juggernaut and winning KC Chiefs offense. 

36 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Why?

Running/mobility is a huge part of his game at BYU.  I don't think it will or could be at the next level.  

He's played against low level competition his entire career.  No one knew about him 5 weeks ago.  

I've watched him several times and just don't see anything that screams big time NFL talent.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

RG3:

4,300 yard, 37 TDs, 6 Ints, 72% com

700 rushing, 10 TDs

Burrow: 

5,600 yards, 60 TDs, 6 Ints, 76% com

Both guys place together highly productive seasons, especially RG3 who elevated a doormat program at the time.

4,200 Yards, 42 TDs, 6 ints, 65.6% Completion, Perfect passer rating....

Eugene Cyril Smith III

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Running/mobility is a huge part of his game at BYU.  I don't think it will or could be at the next level.  

He's played against low level competition his entire career.  No one knew about him 5 weeks ago.  

I've watched him several times and just don't see anything that screams big time NFL talent.  

You answered my question.

6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Thank god you're not calling the shots in KC 

"Mahomes was ranked as the No. 398 prospect in the 2014 recruiting class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, which placed him as the No. 29 pro-style quarterback prospect and the No. 82 player in the state of Texas.

Patrick Mahomes' Red Raiders went 13-19. His best season in Lubbock came in 2015, when Texas Tech went 7-5 in the regular season."

@Defense wins championships just got owned

5 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Majority of scouts say Trevor Lawrence is one of the top QB prospects in decades. Only Jets would be like nah, let’s trade down and pick another QB. 

Was THAT in the OP? 

Anyway...  we have to consider at least the top 4 QB values...  we may NOT have the #1

9 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

WTH is Mac Jones???

^^^^ 

Called Darnold  "Sammy" every time he mentioned him for two years

Starts thread about '20 class of QBs

Doesn't want Lawrence

Wants Wilson

Has never heard of Mac Jones

Hasn't watched a college football game in years.... 

really, really wants "his Sammy" to stay forever

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Why?

Don't want to answer for @HawkeyeJet here, because I haven't seen much of the kid, except for some ESPN type high lites.  So I'm going with "because he looks like a 14 year old girl."

I realize that's not the deepest analysis you'll get here, but I think it might be the best, given what any of us really know about him. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Zack Wilson has moved into the top 5 in mock drafts. I'm sure if he was to take over the QB duties at Clemson or OSU those programs wouldn't miss beat. Love how he moves however he's outplayed possible getting him with the Seattle pick.

Highlights against the Navy, definitely pass. Go Army!

21 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Zach Wilson is awesome and should be in the conversation with TLaw and Fields for the #1 pick. But I don’t think he’s the right fit for our team. JD is trying to build a tough team similar to the Ravens and Titans. Law seems likely to be his guy.

Wilson on a team like the 49ers or Saints would be awesome though. He could very well be the best QB in this class depending on his situation.

To answer your question though, I say stay at number 1 and pick your QB. Let’s not get cute about it.

So Trevor Lawerence is tougher then Zach Wilson?

Wilson is a smart, mobile QB with a good arm.  Hasn't played vs the top competition but is someone who looks like a top 15 pick at this point.  Theres 4 true first rounders in this draft, just like the last time we picked a QB.  Its doubtful that all 4 will be successful, so lets hope we get one of the ones that is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

So Trevor Lawerence is tougher then Zach Wilson?

Wilson is a smart, mobile QB with a good arm.  Hasn't played vs the top competition but is someone who looks like a top 15 pick at this point.  Theres 4 true first rounders in this draft, just like the last time we picked a QB.  Its doubtful that all 4 will be successful, so lets hope we get one of the ones that is.

I could be thinking too much into it to be honest. I like Wilson and TLaw equally at this point. I just see TLaw fitting in better in an offense that is physical. While I see Wilson better suited for a wide open offense. My guess is that JD and the coach he brings in will want the former. At some point the Jets will have to have an identity. But both are great prospects.

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Hasn't played vs the top competition but is someone who looks like a top 15 pick at this point.

On what Mormon based blog site is he a top 15 pick?  Top 5 QB pick this year, top 15 all players considered list?  Not a chance hes top 15 today.