Denzel Mims Highlights

Marshmello

22 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Came across this on youtube. Also, thoughts on which FA WR or draft prospect in the upcoming draft would compliment our current wr corps. I was thinking JuJu and Chris Olave?

Either Allen Robinson/JuJu as FA WR. 

Either TE Kyle Pitts/WR Rondale Moore (Seattle Pick). 

And then go and get RB Najee Harris with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. 

And all of a sudden our offensive attack is something to be excited about surrounding Trevor Lawrence. 

But yes I absolutely love Denzel Mims he's 6'3/207lbs and runs a 4.38 40 and he's tough as nails as Chrebet/Coles/Cotchery once was for us over the middle of the field (led all NCAA WR's for receptions in traffic last year and that's a statistic that I absolutely loved about him coming out). 

Trevor Lawrence has the deep ball ability to make this kid into an absolute NFL star. He's fast, has hands and super tough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see this week's reel on Mims. Couldn't understand why we didn't go to him in the first half but he was great in the second. Couple of great catches and caused a bunch of interference calls too. He's a handful and still doesn't have full confidence yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Please get this guy a young QB with good deep ball accuracy. 

Yes. Because @ 6'3/207 lbs and runs a 4.38 40 with awesome hands; he's an absolute PROBLEM. 

Don't worry.

Trevor Lawrence will save the day and turn Mims into an absolute freakish NFL WR Superstar because Trevor has one of the most beautiful and most accurate deep ball ability within all of college football. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. Because @ 6'3/207 lbs and runs a 4.38 40 with awesome hands; he's an absolute PROBLEM. 

Don't worry.

Trevor Lawrence will save the day and turn Mims into an absolute freakish NFL WR Superstar because Trevor has one of the most beautiful and most accurate deep ball ability within all of college football. 

I can't wait to potentially see TLaw throwing at targets like an Allen Robinson/Chris Godwin, Mims, Crowder, a TE like Pitts, and a RB like Etinette or Harris. 

25 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Can't wait to see this week's reel on Mims. Couldn't understand why we didn't go to him in the first half but he was great in the second. Couple of great catches and caused a bunch of interference calls too. He's a handful and still doesn't have full confidence yet.

Gase plan is to let opponents run up score in 1st half and then let the kids ball 2nd half. Worked out well today. 
They couldn’t  come all the way back but builds up their confidence. 
All the rookies looked like the game is starting to slow down a bit

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't worry.

Rich Cimini:

7. Hole in Trevor's game? Interesting take on Lawrence from June Jones, the former NFL coach and offensive guru: Although he called Lawrence "a superior athlete playing quarterback" and "a great leader," he wondered about his long-ball accuracy and suggested his completion percentage (71%) is inflated because of so many screen passes.

"The only question is, how accurate is he on throws down the field?" said Jones, who has an instructional video on CoachTube.com. "He has tremendous receivers at Clemson with size and completes passes down the field, but a lot of times on the film I've watched, the receivers make some great catches on balls that are there but not right on the money."

The numbers support his opinion. Before this weekend, Lawrence was 10-for-29 (35%) on passes of at least 20 air yards, which ranked 63rd in the country, per ESPN Stats & Info data. In case you're wondering, Ohio State's Justin Fields was 8-for-11 (73%).

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't worry.

Let’s just hope we lose to Miami next week!

Today's game was interesting.  It showed a flash of how good Perriman and Mims can be on the field together, when helathy..  If we signed Robinson, Godwin or Juju, and kept Perriman and Crowder, I'm not sure how badly we need a WR in the first 3 rounds anymore.  I think TE is a much more pressing position at that point.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Today's game was interesting.  It showed a flash of how good Perriman and Mims can be on the field together, when helathy..  If we signed Robinson, Godwin or Juju, and kept Perriman and Crowder, I'm not sure how badly we need a WR in the first 3 rounds anymore.  I think TE is a much more pressing position at that point.

In theory I agree, but in practice, Perriman and Crowder have had durability issues throughout their respective careers. Perriman is already on his fourth team, partly for that reason. 

Also, these WRs all tend to get dinged up in general. You can never have enough good WRs, especially if you are drafting Trevor Lawrence. 

• Upvote 1

We actually had some playmakers on O  today. Not just Mims who is unusual in that he’s a good Jets 2nd round receiver. Also Perriman, Crowder, Gore, Perine and even Herndon today. But I’m surprised the Jets lack of targets to other tight ends who in past showed as receivers they could be effective. 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

In theory I agree, but in practice, Perriman and Crowder have had durability issues throughout their respective careers. Perriman is already on his fourth team, partly for that reason. 

Also, these WRs all tend to get dinged up in general. You can never have enough good WRs, especially if you are drafting Trevor Lawrence. 

I hear you.  But let's say we sign Robinson and keep Perriman.

Our SEA pick is, let's say 25.  Pitts (or Friermuth) vs. Olave?  Who do you take?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hear you.  But let's say we sign Robinson and keep Perriman.

Our SEA pick is, let's say 25.  Pitts (or Friermuth) vs. Olave?  Who do you take?

Oh, I'm not suggesting we need to take a WR in the first. We have legit holes everywhere. I'd be ok with any OL, TE, or WR (I'm not big on taking RBs in the first round and I really want to focus on offense early in the draft). 

But, if not in the first, I'd definitely love another WR in the second or third. 

I'd look hard at taking an interior OL with the second first round pick. 

• Upvote 2

Gase plan is to let opponents run up score in 1st half and then let the kids ball 2nd half. Worked out well today. 
They couldn’t  come all the way back but builds up their confidence. 
All the rookies looked like the game is starting to slow down a bit

As pathetic as it may be, Gase is trying his best to win. He is coaching for his coaching life.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

Boy, Herndon had an up and down game. He dropped that ball that was right in his hands and then made those two grabs that were above his head, one for a td.  What tease if he comes on the last few games.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Boy, Herndon had an up and down game. He dropped that ball that was right in his hands and then made those two grabs that were above his head, one for a td.  What tease if he comes on the last few games.

Even if he does, we still need another TE.  Griffin regressed to practically invisible this season.  Not sure if it's him or Gase's system but in any case, getting a TE#1 and dropping Herndon to TE#2 would be a material uplift on this offense.  I think upgrading the OL and TE positions would do more than adding a WR if we already bring in a top FA WR and keep Perriman, who should be reasonable in terms of cost.  

Honestly, The biggest problem Sam had this year was less time to throw, not less places to throw.  Give him another .5 seconds in the pocket and a more reliable short-yardage option and I think he would have had a much different season out there.  Let's at least try to fix that for the next guy.

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

If they traded darnold for smith schuster and drafted Lawrence your wrs are really good.

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Even if he does, we still need another TE.  Griffin regressed to practically invisible this season.  Not sure if it's him or Gase's system but in any case, getting a TE#1 and dropping Herndon to TE#2 would be a material uplift on this offense.  I think upgrading the OL and TE positions would do more than adding a WR if we already bring in a top FA WR and keep Perriman, who should be reasonable in terms of cost.  

Honestly, The biggest problem Sam had this year was less time to throw, not less places to throw.  Give him another .5 seconds in the pocket and a more reliable short-yardage option and I think he would have had a much different season out there.  Let's at least try to fix that for the next guy.

This.

If they signed an Allen Robinson, then you have him, Mims, Crowder and Perriman as your WR's next season. Not bad at all for a QB like Lawrence or Fields.

Sign Joe Thuney to put next to Becton, and that's likely the best LT/LG combo in the league next season. 

Then maybe draft a Kyle Pitts with Seattle's #1, and you have a double TE set with him and Herndon. Then use a 2nd round pick to draft a RB like Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. 

17 hours ago, Drums said:

True but now that Perryman is healthy, he has taken Robby’s place. I think he’d be redundant. 

I hear ya. Its not like Robby was great. I just enjoyed having a speed demon and a guy who didn't know what the Panthers mascot was. And a bit of redundancy on talent would be a nice change of pace around here.

• Upvote 1