Darnold ESPN Radio Appearances Go Sideways

Bugg

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

just can't believe how quickly 90% of the guys here went from "he's throwing darts out in Cali with Palmer" back in July, only to start dumping on him by week 2.

Wild, I know. How could anyone possibly dump on extremely bad QBing despite having hope last offseason. They should just keep their stance on him after he gave you a million reasons not to.

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I said the same thing the other day, and I'm no fan of Darnold's playing ability. Never was.

I just can't believe how quickly 90% of the guys here went from "he's throwing darts out in Cali with Palmer" back in July, only to start dumping on him by week 2.

The next 7 weeks are probably Darnold's Last Stand, and I'd love to see him stick it to everyone by winning 2 or 3 games. The angst that would cause here regarding the draft would be delicious. 

You’re such a dick. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You do realize it was Darnold who chose to do this spot every week, don't you? He wanted the paycheck. 

As for the media... this isn't the 1960's, when reporters looked the other way at athletes failings on and off the field. Think back to when Bouton's book Ball Four came out. Remember the uproar over the stories he told about Mantle? It was a seminal moment in the way media would cover sports going forward.

Darnold has been awful, and after two years of getting the biggest Free Pass I can remember a NY athlete ever getting, he's now taken some heat for his failings. Who cares if he has to answer some tough questions?

He seems like a nice kid, he's just not a good NFL QB. There's no shame in that. He made it to the highest level in his sport, and was compensated very well for it. The Jets were the ones who took the big hit here, not him.

Darnold could have folded under the pressure and cancelled these shows as has Adams before him.

The seeming hesitation in the media to criticize Darnold is precisely because the Johnsons and the coaching regime have created this chicken or egg situation.

Are you asking that Darnold ceremoniously apologize to all Jets fans for the performance of the team and the organization prior to committing ritual disembowlment? Would that then satiate your frustration? 

16 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Darnold could have folded under the pressure and cancelled these shows as has Adams before him.

The seeming hesitation in the media to criticize Darnold is precisely because the Johnsons and the coaching regime have created this chicken or egg situation.

Are you asking that Darnold ceremoniously apologize to all Jets fans for the performance of the team and the organization prior to committing ritual disembowlment? Would that then satiate your frustration? 

A lot of fancy words, yet they cannot hide your inability to comprehend what you've read.

• Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, shevys said:

You’re such a dick. 

There is a rule here regarding personal attacks, sheveroo.

I'll let it go this time, but I think you should stick with the neg reps. I'm obviously living in your head, and you seem to have trouble expressing your frustrations about it in words.

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You do realize it was Darnold who chose to do this spot every week, don't you? He wanted the paycheck. 

As for the media... this isn't the 1960's, when reporters looked the other way at athletes failings on and off the field. Think back to when Bouton's book Ball Four came out. Remember the uproar over the stories he told about Mantle? It was a seminal moment in the way media would cover sports going forward.

Darnold has been awful, and after two years of getting the biggest Free Pass I can remember a NY athlete ever getting, he's now taken some heat for his failings. Who cares if he has to answer some tough questions?

He seems like a nice kid, he's just not a good NFL QB. There's no shame in that. He made it to the highest level in his sport, and was compensated very well for it. The Jets were the ones who took the big hit here, not him.

How much do you think he gets for this spot?

19 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Perhaps you can bless us and decipher the parables you have deigned to give us so we can “comprehend” your brilliance?

There you go again, LOL.

Careful with your phrasing, yet unable to comprehend.

Go back. Read it one more time. Then come back and we'll see how well you did with this little assignment I've given you.

Have fun with it, Ian. Pretend you're doing it for Country and the Queen.

• Thumb Down 1