Jump to content
Coffee Is Great

Seattle's '21 1st rounder now 20th overall

Recommended Posts

The crazy part is that, with the NFL's idiotic 14-team playoffs this year, even if they make the postseason, the pick could still be as high as 19.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  Of their 7 games left 4 are against the Jets, Giants, Eagles and Washington.  I think 10-6 is likely as bad as they do.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'll still make the postseason, especially this year, but if they don't make it past the first round, the pick range is still 19 to 24.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  Of their 7 games left 4 are against the Jets, Giants, Eagles and Washington.  I think 10-6 is likely as bad as they do.

Idk the worst defense in the league can keep anyone in the game. Would be the sweetest game to win to avoid 0-16.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Idk the worst defense in the league can keep anyone in the game. Would be the sweetest game to win to avoid 0-16.

No..it wouldnt

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Team archer said:

No..it wouldnt

It would. Lowers our strength of schedule, improves our second first round pick, especially if the Seahawks nose dive and fall out of the playoffs.
 

Heck, 2 overall and 16th overall beats 1 overall with 22 overall. Especially, you if you like Fields.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest of the regular sesason likely does not matter for them.  They will be in the playoffs given their remaining schedule.  Just gotta hope they lose in the Wild Card.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

For the all the media and fanbases mocking the Jets for a pick that was going to be 30-32nd (not that that'd be bad anyway), Seattle's pick is currently 20th. Sure, things will change and it'll probably be a little lower than that but that pick could turn out to be quite a bit better than expected.

This is great, loved seeing them lose!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone else mentioned Seattle's D being garbage this is great let's hope they get curb stomped the rest of the way. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Joe is going to select a guard over the running back every time

As he should

Lawrence, Davis/Smith, and Harris in the Top 33.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in  hell. 

I’m taking Wyatt Davis/Trey Smith over Etienne in the 1st round all day long.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Joe is going to select a guard over the running back every time

Wyatt Davis, Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith.  All could be in the mix.  Maybe with some luck, Pitts or at worst, Friermuth.  Regardless of where it lands, that pick should net us a very good prospect.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had been hoping they would go down in the Divisional Round, but now Wild Card seems like a real possibility. Especially if they end up having to go on the road and lose the division.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Wyatt Davis, Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith.  All could be in the mix.  Maybe with some luck, Pitts or at worst, Friermuth.  Regardless of where it lands, that pick should net us a very good prospect.  

I think Josh Meyers out of Ohio St is an even better C prospect. I admit my bias, but the kid is a beast. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, freestater said:

I think Josh Meyers out of Ohio St is an even better C prospect. I admit my bias, but the kid is a beast. 

This guy gets it. Creed Humphrey is a solid meh. Josh Meyers is a solid smiley face.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This guy gets it. Creed Humphrey is a solid meh. Josh Meyers is a solid smiley face.

Gimmie Becton and Meyers paired like Nick n' Brick for a decade please. Michigan also has a RT Mayfield, that I would grab 3rd round or lower. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffee Is Great said:

For the all the media and fanbases mocking the Jets for a pick that was going to be 30-32nd (not that that'd be bad anyway), Seattle's pick is currently 20th. Sure, things will change and it'll probably be a little lower than that but that pick could turn out to be quite a bit better than expected.

oh my george takai GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Rest of the regular sesason likely does not matter for them.  They will be in the playoffs given their remaining schedule.  Just gotta hope they lose in the Wild Card.

I still think they are making the playoffs but they are currently the 7 seed in NFC (7 teams make it) and if they had won today they would have been in the hunt for a bye. They play the Cards thursday night, a game they could easily lose. The Bears and Lions are unlikely to beat them out, but even if they just finish 7th, instead of 2nd or 3rd it makes their chances of advancing a little less likely. 

I know there aren't fans in the stands (at least not as many) but if you look at many teams Home/Road splits and you still see teams doing better at home (Seahawks are 4-0 at home and 2-3 on the road). 

NFC

1. Green Bay Packers, 7-2
2. New Orleans Saints, 6-2
3. Arizona Cardinals, 6-3
4. Philadelphia Eagles, 3-5-1

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 7-3
6. Los Angeles Rams, 6-3
7. Seattle Seahawks, 6-3

Outside looking in: Chicago Bears (5-4), Detroit Lions (4-5), San Francisco 49ers (4-6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...