Seattle's '21 1st rounder now 20th overall

It would be really great to draft RG Wyatt Davis with the Seattle pick, and then C Josh Myers at the top of the second. They are both top-5 IOL in this class and have years playing next to each other which would deliver immediate dividends. 

Turn Sam into Najee Harris with an early-to-mid second rd pick and that’s probably the best way to support a rookie QB.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

It would be really great to draft RG Wyatt Davis with the Seattle pick, and then C Josh Myers at the top of the second. They are both top-5 IOL in this class and have years playing next to each other which would deliver immediate dividends. 

Turn Sam into Najee Harris with an early-to-mid second rd pick and that’s probably the best way to support a rookie QB.

Pretty much the perfect draft. Got to strive for elite offensive line first and foremost.

I don't care how good Lawrence or fields are, you increase their chances of success significantly by letting them play behind a great offensive line.

• Upvote 1

Seattle has a lot of 3 and 4 loss teams (both NFC/AFC) breathing down their necks and they're now 3rd in their division and have fallen to the 7th seed of the NFC; and on the verge of completely missing out on the playoffs. 

(4 teams the Steelers, Chiefs, Packers, Saints all have 2 or fewer loses). 

Bills; 7-3. 

Bucs: 7-3. 

Arizona: 6-3. 

Colts: 6-3. 

Raiders: 6-3. 

Rams: 6-3. 

Dolphins: 6-3. 

Ravens: 6-3.

Browns: 6-3. 

Titans: 6-3. 

Bears: 5-4. 

If Seattle completely missed the playoffs we're going to have an awesome 1st round pick because...

This (above) makes for 4 teams with better records than them and another 11 teams breathing right down their necks while they're 1-3 throughout their last 4 games; and trending backwards. 

I wouldn't be surprised with a pick between 18-20 if not 15-17ish with a Seattle 2nd half meltdown.

We all dream of Trevor Lawrence but the more Seattle falls I dream of Trevor Lawrence to Kyle Pitts (before heading into our 2nd round with the 1st pick; hello Najee Harris. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, freestater said:

I think Josh Meyers out of Ohio St is an even better C prospect. I admit my bias, but the kid is a beast. 

I'm far from up to speed on these guys.  Totally open to this and I get the sense he'd be a lower pick so we have a higher chance of landing him.  Does he have Mangold potential?

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  Of their 7 games left 4 are against the Jets, Giants, Eagles and Washington.  I think 10-6 is likely as bad as they do.

Even if it is 30-32, it's still a good trade.  Anything higher is a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Probably true but the Seahawks have one of the worst defenses in the NFL and dickwad "Dangeruss" is showing that he is really not that great as an open offense QB. 

9 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

For the all the media and fanbases mocking the Jets for a pick that was going to be 30-32nd (not that that'd be bad anyway), Seattle's pick is currently 20th. Sure, things will change and it'll probably be a little lower than that but that pick could turn out to be quite a bit better than expected.

Good point and don't forget we'll have the first pick
in the second round.  So we'll basically have three
first rounders in the first 33 picks

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in  hell. 

Did you watch the Patriots Oline dominate the Ravens last night? It was a thing of beauty with Harris, Burkhead & White just chipping away at their manhood! JD needs to build this Oline into a monster with Becton & a great center (Creed Humprey?), as a linchpin. 

Id be ecstatic with a Lawrence, Humphrey 1st round. I know it's tough to think long term but the rebuild is both 2021 & 2022. The unknown is the Darnold pick or picks someone is willing to give up. 

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Did you watch the Patriots Oline dominate the Ravens last night? It was a thing of beauty with Harris, Burkhead & White just chipping away at their manhood! JD needs to build this Oline into a monster with Becton & a great center (Creed Humprey?), as a linchpin. 

Id be ecstatic with a Lawrence, Humphrey 1st round. I know it's tough to think long term but the rebuild is both 2021 & 2022. The unknown is the Darnold pick or picks someone is willing to give up. 

How many of those Pats OL were first rounders? 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That 33rd pick could allow us to very easily move back into the 1st for the 5th year option. Maybe it would only cost a 4th or 5th to move up a few spots. 

The 5th year option is always overlooked. It adds to trade value if you don’t plan on keeping the drafted player before his contract is up and it also helps with contract extensions because of the leverage. 

• Upvote 1

The difference in quality between the 20th and 32nd pick is negligible. It's almost a blessing to pick later in the first round. When you pick, say 3rd or 6th, you end up taking the "consensus best player in the draft" that never turns out to be the best player in the draft. There will be plenty of day one starters available at our pick. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm far from up to speed on these guys.  Totally open to this and I get the sense he'd be a lower pick so we have a higher chance of landing him.  Does he have Mangold potential?

Thats a pretty high bar, but I dare say it would be another OSU center that we would all love. Check him out (#71) in these Justin Fields highlights: 

Watch him get to the second level on several runs from this highlight reel:

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  Of their 7 games left 4 are against the Jets, Giants, Eagles and Washington.  I think 10-6 is likely as bad as they do.

Even if it is 30-32, it's still a good trade.  Anything higher is a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Right. They are heading into the soft part of their schedule. Enjoy this small victory everyone. I'm rooting for losses out there too, but we're most likely looking at 11-5 at worst.

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. They are heading into the soft part of their schedule. Enjoy this small victory everyone. I'm rooting for losses out there too, but we're most likely looking at 11-5 at worst.

Realistically, the hope should be they lose their first playoff game. Minimize the damage.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

That 33rd pick could allow us to very easily move back into the 1st for the 5th year option. Maybe it would only cost a 4th or 5th to move up a few spots. 

Or Douglas could use #33 and move down a couple of spots and pick up an extra #3

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, KRL said:

Or Douglas could use #33 and move down a couple of spots and pick up an extra #3

This 2nd Joe Douglas draft is the most important draft for us since Dbrick & Mangold draft. It literally will forge our future or lead to last place finishes in our division for the next 3 years! Bills & Fins are only going to get better sans injury. 

39 minutes ago, KRL said:

I guess it will all depend on value. If a top tier guy at a premium position is available at #28-30  I would hope JD has the balls to actually move up in the draft. I prefer quality over quantity. 

As a famous Jet, generational talent, once said "We need more DAWGS"!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

For the all the media and fanbases mocking the Jets for a pick that was going to be 30-32nd (not that that'd be bad anyway), Seattle's pick is currently 20th. Sure, things will change and it'll probably be a little lower than that but that pick could turn out to be quite a bit better than expected.

The Seahawks can easily lose 3 more games with that atrocious defense led by Adams. Cardinal, Rams, 49ers. And drop a game to either the Eagles or Giants. I wouldn't be shocked if they finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Who cares? 

It’s why you don’t force the drafting of OL. You can get really good OL especially interior OL in later rounds. There’s plenty of depth in drafts to get players for the OL. Josh Meyers in round 2 or 3 is better value than Creed Humphrey in the first.

You cited the Pats as your sample but ignored how they built a good OL. 

6 minutes ago, viffer said:

And if you believe Cimini, we are going all defense in the draft next year...

This is probably closer to the truth than some people on this board think. 

We have cap room and there are a lot of WRs available in FA (Robinson, Smith-Schuster, Godwin). There are good OL in Free Agency (Thuney, Darryl Williams, Corey Linsley, Scherff). Good RB depth is also available (Mckinnon, Gurley, Fournette, Cohen, Clement). 

There is 1 CB worth long term money (Chidobe Awuzie) and maybe Shaquill Griffin. There is no Edge player worth any real money. All of this points to more draft picks for our ailing defense and more FA money for the offense. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

It’s why you don’t force the drafting of OL. You can get really good OL especially interior OL in later rounds. There’s plenty of depth in drafts to get players for the OL. Josh Meyers in round 2 or 3 is better value than Creed Humphrey in the first.

You cited the Pats as your sample but ignored how they built a good OL. 

If Creed Humphrey is the best Center in the draft you take him IF you need a center & we do. That pick will be most likely in the 20s, he probably won’t even be there. I agree, if you miss on him you can go Josh Myers later MAYBE, he might be gone too. 
Olineman are a hot commodity now that offense is more important than defense. The scoring this year is ridiculous, yet we can’t even score. That needs to change. 

15 hours ago, Lith said:

Rest of the regular sesason likely does not matter for them.  They will be in the playoffs given their remaining schedule.  Just gotta hope they lose in the Wild Card.

I don't agree with that. If they don't win their division their odds of winning in the playoffs are hurt by having to play on the road. We definitely want the Rams or Cardinals to win the NFC West.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

If Creed Humphrey is the best Center in the draft you take him IF you need a center & we do. That pick will be most likely in the 20s, he probably won’t even be there. I agree, if you miss on him you can go Josh Myers later MAYBE, he might be gone too. 
Olineman are a hot commodity now that offense is more important than defense. The scoring this year is ridiculous, yet we can’t even score. That needs to change. 

Good interior OL can be found later. You rarely find pass rushers and CBs later on.  Forcing a pick is how you end up with this crap roster. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Good interior OL can be found later. You rarely find pass rushers and CBs later on.  Forcing a pick is how you end up with this crap roster. 

Of course you don’t take a Center if he’s an average Center, have you seen & heard what’s been said about Creed Humphrey? 
He’s a stud! Can move & get to the 2nd level, has tremendous strength & balance in space. 
Mangold was a great Center but he couldn’t pull like Kevin Mawae which in this new NFL is more important based on all the RPO & moving pockets you see in this league. 
Now granted, if we didn’t have 2 firsts & a high 2nd & 3rd with an additional 3rd? Maybe you don’t take the stud Center, but there is going to be another very good player at #33 or #34 if that’s where we’re picking. 
#64 or #65 should be another good player. 
I’m looking long term based on us having 9 picks in 2022, maybe more depending on what happens with Darnold. But the 1st thing this team needs to do is PROTECT whoever the QB is so we can run a damn offense with more efficiency. 

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

How many of those Pats OL were first rounders? 

The last time this football team had any real success it was all started by taking a LT and a C early.

We have a good looking LT ad a bunch of I hopes.  I will be legit disappointment if this team does not use one of its 1st three picks on an olineman.

Build the foundation, hell over build the foundation.  Don't be tempted by the shiny toys.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Icer said:

I had been hoping they would go down in the Divisional Round, but now Wild Card seems like a real possibility. Especially if they end up having to go on the road and lose the division.

They're only 1-2 in divisional play, so they're not off to a good start.  

Arizona sending them to 1-3 on Thursday night in Seattle would  be delicious.  Home teams have a sizable edge in Thursday night games, so it's certainly no lock for the Cardinals.  But it's a bad matchup for Seattle, undoubtedly.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They're only 1-2 in divisional play, so they're not off to a good start.  

Arizona sending them to 1-3 on Thursday night in Seattle would  be delicious.  Home teams have a sizable edge in Thursday night games, so it's certainly no lock for the Cardinals.  But it's a bad matchup for Seattle, undoubtedly.

The momentum of that Murray to Hopkins hail marry miracle is going to hurt Buffalo and uplift Seattle moving forward; I don't believe Russell/Jamal/Seattle has a chance vs. Arizona.