Daniel Faelele - guard conversion?

Doggin94it

So the idea of a 6-9 OG is probably insane, but the dude is massive (400lb), athletic, and struggles with speed rushers. Any chance he could push inside at the next level? I get the sense that he'll be gone in the first round anyway - after watching Becton dominate some team is going to fall in love with "Becton, but bigger" - but I can't help imagine what he'd look like at LG for us if he fell to the top of round two. 

Can you imagine running, say, Travis Etienne left behind Becton & Faelele? 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

So the idea of a 6-9 OG is probably insane, but the dude is massive (400lb), athletic, and struggles with speed rushers. Any chance he could push inside at the next level? I get the sense that he'll be gone in the first round anyway - after watching Becton dominate some team is going to fall in love with "Becton, but bigger" - but I can't help imagine what he'd look like at LG for us if he fell to the top of round two. 

Its early but no way he goes in Rd. 1. Has he even declared? 

Forget about taking an OT with slow feet just because hes huge and trying to stick him at OG. Let's just draft a really good OG. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Its early but no way he goes in Rd. 1. Has he even declared? 

Forget about taking an OT with slow feet just because hes huge and trying to stick him at OG. Let's just draft a really good OG. 

I think you're underestimating what planet theory plus a copycat league will have to say about a 6-9 400lb OT with freakish athleticism. But we'll see

He hasn't played nearly enough football to project well.  I'm intrigued by his as well (as every NFL team should be) but he is way rawer than Becton was.  He probably ought to stay in school another year to get the reps although nothing's certain these days.  I think he's out this week vs. Iowa as well.  How do you even hurt a 6'9" 400 lb. man?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 2:24 PM, Doggin94it said:

If we take Faalele at 33 I absolutely agree move him inside.  His strengths are his massive size and power.  

keep Fant at RT

On 11/17/2020 at 2:15 AM, Doggin94it said:

I think you're underestimating what planet theory plus a copycat league will have to say about a 6-9 400lb OT with freakish athleticism. But we'll see

If we draft Faalele the Jets have by far the league’s biggest OL

Look at those Tom Coughlin Jaguars teams from the late 90’s that were always in the playoffs they always had the NFL’s biggest O-Line

On 11/17/2020 at 5:24 PM, nycdan said:

He hasn't played nearly enough football to project well.  I'm intrigued by his as well (as every NFL team should be) but he is way rawer than Becton was.  He probably ought to stay in school another year to get the reps although nothing's certain these days.  I think he's out this week vs. Iowa as well.  How do you even hurt a 6'9" 400 lb. man?

You call him ‘Big Foot’ 

22 minutes ago, derp said:

I imagine he’d have issues with leverage against DT’s if kicked inside. Guys getting into his body too. Some taller guys have made it work but nobody as tall as him. Never know if it’ll work until you try but seems like a long shot.

Plus, having a 6'9" Guard in front of your QB might create some issues with field vision?  Even if your incoming QB is 6'6"?