Sam Darnold will not play against Chargers

Mogglez

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In the 3 years with Darnold the Jets are a 0-9 when someone other than Darnold starts. 

Flacco is 0-3. 

So yeah, keep running with that stupid logic that Flacco gives us a better chance to win. 

Flacco also matched Sam's passing TD for this season in 1 game compared to the 6 that Sam played. I think Flacco comes back down to earth and we see him get banged up by the Chargers pass rush.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This.  They know darnold has value but if his shoulder is messed up that’s gone.  I just wonder how injured he is, and if darnold himself knows that he’s being held out just so he can be traded.

He knows and if he does the rest of the team does as well. With a coach like Gase each player is now out for their best interest...not the team...Same sh*t happened in Miami. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In the 3 years with Darnold the Jets are a 0-9 when someone other than Darnold starts. 

Flacco is 0-3. 

So yeah, keep running with that stupid logic that Flacco gives us a better chance to win. 

Before the MNF game Flacco was averaging 5 PPG in his first two starts.

I'm actually kind of astounded by how many Jets fans seem to think we're gonna miraculously start winning games.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

California Charmin.

Can’t wait until we’re done with this puss. 

Yeah, he should totally play hurt for a franchise looking to draft Trevor Lawrence in a 5 months. 

Regardless, Jets would be fools to risk further injuring a player they want to trade. Let him come back health and look good for a couple of games late and hopefully get us back some decent draft capital. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Flacco is 0-3. 

Joe Flacco threw for as many TDs last Monday than Sam had all season, nothing stupid about it. He wont sh*t himself at the sight of pressure and is capable of throwing the ball downfield

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Icer said:

Flacco looks more dangerous to the tank effort than Sam so this ain't good news

Absolutely correct. Good news is the team sucks badly enough to likely overcome slightly-less-repugnant-than-Darnold QB play and still lose.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How to gain mad respect among your peers:

Wow. There's more to this that we're not being told.

If the org wants to put a wrap on the kid so he doesn't get injured further and they can trade him, don't make him have to answer why he's not playing. IR him and be done with it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Wow. There's more to this that we're not being told.

If the org wants to put a wrap on the kid so he doesn't get injured further and they can trade him, don't make him have to answer why he's not playing. IR him and be done with it

It's the first time Darnold has said anything that isn't from the book of approved press conference bromides. My opinion of him has just risen. He's not a total amorphous blob of boring.

• Upvote 1

the funny but sad thing is many of you think the jets are trying to tank-the jets are trying to win they just suck-if they were tanking they would roll out their wasted 4th round pick qb the rest of the way-flacco is an experienced vet capable of winning games 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Before the MNF game Flacco was averaging 5 PPG in his first two starts.

I'm actually kind of astounded by how many Jets fans seem to think we're gonna miraculously start winning games.

You do realize the Patriots game did count, right?

1 minute ago, Icer said:

I would feel alot better if Luke Falk was QB2

There's really no argument whatsoever for starting Flacco over Morgan right now. 

Like, if the argument is that Morgan is raw and isn't ready -- so what? The offense is healthy, let's see what we've got. There's no upside or benefit to playing Flacco at all... At least not for anyone not named Adam Gase.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Icer said:

Joe Flacco threw for as many TDs last Monday than Sam had all season, nothing stupid about it. He wont sh*t himself at the sight of pressure and is capable of throwing the ball downfield

Nah, he will just throw the ball  up for grabs as the clock is winding down to give away a lead. Very savvy veteran move that Darnold couldn't possibly replicate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Right -- and so did the previous 8 games when this team was a historically bad dumpster fire.

Sure did and Flacco has infinite more games this season playing at an NFL-acceptable level than Darnold. 1 > 0 = Flacco better.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Nah, he will just throw the ball  up for grabs as the clock is winding down to give away a lead. Very savvy veteran move that Darnold couldn't possibly replicate. 

With Darnold he throws that pass while we are trailing, so you may be right

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Flacco was 2-7 with Denver last year. 
Flacco is 0-3 this year. 

"OMG Flacco had a decent game against the  Patriots. He is so much better than Darnold and is a lock  to win Sunday. "

Darnold: 0 decent games this year

Flacco: 1.

No one's confusing him with Mahomes but damn right Flacco gives us a better chance to win right now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Sure did and Flacco has infinite more games this season playing at an NFL-acceptable level than Darnold. 1 > 0 = Flacco better.

I honestly don't have a strong take on who's actually better between the two -- clearly they are both bad NFL QBs at this stage. But the idea that we should be suddenly worried about the tank because of Flacco is silly to me.

This guy got shut out against Miami a few weeks back. He sucks too, and connecting with Perriman on a couple of deep balls doesn't change that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I honestly don't have a strong take on who's actually better between the two -- clearly they are both bad NFL QBs at this stage. But the idea that we should be suddenly worried about the tank because of Flacco is silly to me.

This guy got shut out against Miami a few weeks back. He sucks too, and connecting with Perriman on a couple of deep balls doesn't change that.

I'm not worried. They both suck as you say. But Flacco gives us a 7% chance to win rather than 6.5% with Darnold.

• Haha 1