Sam Darnold will not play against Chargers

Mogglez

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Right, so you call down from up high and tell him what to do. And fire him if he won't do it.

Can't risk sparking the team. I suspect Gase is so hated, players will try to win a game for an interim coach to prove a point. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think he's hurt, but no longer injured.  There's a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.  No one in the NFL is ever 100 %.  It's just that some guys need to be at 90+ % to play (Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams) while others can roll at 50-60 %.  

And when Gase is your coach, subtract 10-20% from your acceptable pain threshold.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Yeah it's probably how I'd play things. 

There's no way Morgan is prepared to play well now.  Sam didn't even get practice reps with the whole starting offense.

A guy in Morgan's position would be a mess out there now.

If the concern is building for next year and helping whatever QB will be the starter next season, then I'd definitely say getting the oline and skill guys legit reps is the most important thing to do.

They can decide which olinemen to replace.  Crowder, Mims and Perriman, who already look good with one week together, can all get on the same page and improve.  Maybe Perine can get some valuable reps and be ready to help the 2021 QB?

Disagree...He has had 9 games plus the off season to learn the playbook. He's a gunslinger that probably doesn't fit the system the Jets are running now on offense. 

A lot of teams are starting young QB's...I know most aren't winning but impressing. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I think he's hurt, but no longer injured.  There's a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.  No one in the NFL is ever 100 %.  It's just that some guys need to be at 90+ % to play (Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams) while others can roll at 50-60 %.  

If he doesn't play again this year (gets IRd or something) then I think this is Jets directed because I agree with you that it does Darnold no favors.

I don't think it's crazy to want to get healthy over the next two weeks then try to have a strong showing against the Raiders and Seahawks.

I see no issue with him doing whatever he thinks is best for him considering they're clearly going to replace him at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

afraid the phantom menace GIF by Star Wars

Indeed!  Flacco proved last Monday night that he is clearly the better QB.  Even at 35 years old and clearly disinterested in being on the field. 

And the Chargers, even with Herbert looking like the top ROY candidate out there, keep finding new and creative ways to add to their Loss column every week.

It's a perfect storm of suck.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AbstraKt said:

Well right now our Oline with Becton is more important than any current QB on our roster since we need the Oline moving forward for the likely new QB we get in the upcoming draft. Meanwhile, lets hope Flacco can't start beating teams in shootouts like he almost did with NE last week. Herbert and the Chargers seem to have a propensity for blowing games they have won. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed!  Flacco proved last Monday night that he is clearly the better QB.  And the Chargers, even with Herbert looking like the top ROY candidate out there, keep finding new and creative ways to add to their Loss column every week.

I can't imagine what the atmosphere is going to be like on the team charter out to LA. That would deflate anyone. Jets are going to get destroyed. Like 40-0.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Disagree...He has had 9 games plus the off season to learn the playbook. He's a gunslinger that probably doesn't fit the system the Jets are running now on offense. 

A lot of teams are starting young QB's...I know most aren't winning but impressing. 

I think those other teams are starting QBs they think may actually start.

And Morgan's 9 weeks were likely spent mimicking opposing offense vs the starting D.  Probably getting ZERO reps with the starting offense.

I think starting Morgan hurts him and the entire team.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I think those other teams are starting QBs they think may actually start.

And Morgan's 9 weeks were likely spent mimicking opposing offense vs the starting D.  Probably getting ZERO reps with the starting offense.

I think starting Morgan hurts him and the entire team.

I'm sure that's Gase's thoughts as well.

2 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Newsflash he's not a good QB but we have been told from time to time he is go figure lol,

People surfaced like earthworms after rain gloating how Geno was finally gonna prove his haters wrong when he got a spot start for the Giants in 2018. As you can imagine, that was a short-lived thread.

The Darnold debate will not end when he's no longer a Jet. Welcome to the next 10 years on JN.

No one is ever wrong on the internet. They just go into hibernation and hope conditions improve.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well right now our Oline with Becton is more important than any current QB on our roster since we need the Oline moving forward for the likely new QB we get in the upcoming draft. Meanwhile, lets hope Flacco can't start beating teams in shootouts like he almost did with NE last week. Herbert and the Chargers seem to have a propensity for blowing games they have won. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed!  Flacco proved last Monday night that he is clearly the better QB.  Even at 35 years old and clearly disinterested in being on the field. 

And the Chargers, even with Herbert looking like the top ROY candidate out there, keep finding new and creative ways to add to their Loss column every week.

It's a perfect storm of suck.

was actually envisioning Yoda sayingthis to Sam, cos Sam is contact-averse

Darnold is finished here unless the jets botch it and end up with the 3rd overall pick or later.

morgan or white should be tossed into the fire.  You want to find out as soon as possible.

They could be a minshew who you ate least think might be a viable backup in the league or they may be a peterman or dinucci, hell they may in a miracle be a kurt warner.  Playing flacco serves no purpose.

Gase should have been shi*canned by now and the gm should be telling the interim coach to play the kids.

1 hour ago, drsamuel84 said:

Darnold is def. thinking about his future and I can't blame him.  He sees the writing on the wall, I'm sure his agent and everyone around is telling him, not to risk his future for this team.  

Future-like long or short board, stunning blonde or flaming redhead, aggressive or conservative portfolio management. He isn't a football player, and he never will be. His future in football is saying stuff like "Nice play by the Trojans". It's never going to be actually playing. If he were a football player The Future would be RIGHT F___IN' NOW. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bugg said:

Future-like long or short board, stunning blonde or flaming redhead, aggressive or conservative portfolio management. He isn't a football player, and he never will be. His future in football is saying stuff like "Nice play by the Trojans". It's never going to be actually playing. If he were a football player The Future would be RIGHT F___IN' NOW. 

He's a boogie boarder.

@JiF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Why aren’t we playing Morgan? 
Omg, we’re like where old vets go to stand on the sideline with a clipboard & get called for duty. 
You know if they had a word bubble over their head it say, (Why the F did I sign here?)

If Luton can play for Jax why can’t out young guy Morgan finish out the season? Not hoping Flacco gets injured badly, just a pulled Hammy would do. 

You know you make a great point about Luton. If he can play why can’t Morgan? We are 0-9. There are no fans in the stadium. It’s the perfect storm. 

Instead watch Flacco hit on several deep throws and cost us big time. Tank or not,  it really makes no sense to play a veteran back up QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1