Sam Darnold will not play against Chargers

Mogglez

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In the 3 years with Darnold the Jets are a 0-9 when someone other than Darnold starts. 

Flacco is 0-3. 

So yeah, keep running with that stupid logic that Flacco gives us a better chance to win. 

That’s a false equivalence and you know it comparing a former SB MVP to David Fales and Luke Falk

That's his right and Darnold knows he's not going to be here next
year.  I'm not going to beef if he takes care of himself, but this
injury was totally his fault.  Remember he got hurt against DEN
because he couldn't make a decision and held the ball in the pocket
until he got slammed to the ground

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So Joe Flacco's 0-3 with the Jets and 2-7 with Broncos doesn't count because he won a super bowl 7 years ago?

It all counts. No one is saying he is Patrick Mahomes. But he sure as hell ain't Fales or Falk, either, which was your ham-fisted comparison.

4 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Wow. There's more to this that we're not being told.

If the org wants to put a wrap on the kid so he doesn't get injured further and they can trade him, don't make him have to answer why he's not playing. IR him and be done with it

I have a feeling that's coming.  Don't be surprised.

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

That's his right and Darnold knows he's not going to be here next
year.  I'm not going to beef if he takes care of himself, but this
injury was totally his fault.  Remember he got hurt against DEN
because he couldn't make a decision and held the ball in the pocket
until he got slammed to the ground

Not sure the injury was necessarily his fault. It was clearly an illegal tackle that should have been a penalty. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jgb said:

I'd try to play with broken ribs for Sean Peyton. For Gase? Put me on IR with a paper cut.

If that’s the case, Darnold should go on IR. Gase is going to be coaching WRs in Denver next year and Darnold is going to have to beg another team to give him a shot to salvage his career, and he’ll now be doing it with the “soft” label. 

• Upvote 2

Sammy is only 23 years old.  He's younger than Burrow. 

Sammy has only been playing QB a few years... he was a LB in high school

Sammy has no weapons!!!

Sammy's a gunslinger

Sammy's floor is Favre

Sammy finds tight windows

Sammy is being ruined by everyone, and we promised his parents we wouldn't

Romo loves him some Sammy

Watt told Sammy he'll be a great pro someday

Go back to your Giants message boards and leave my Sammy alone, you bunch of miserable trolls. 

Darnold is in a rough spot where he needs to put together some good performances to catch the attention of a better team but also not rush it and risk extending or aggravating the injury. 

The Jets are in a rough spot where, if they are tanking for a new QB, need Darnold to put together a few good performances for trade bait but also do not want to risk further injury or have him push the offense to a win.

The only thing both sides can do right now is sit him until the end of the season and let Flacco rack up some Ls for the team. We might see Darnold by the end of the season but it might be better for everybody to have him sit out for injury the rest of the season and then deal him on the basis he was too injured to see what he could really do those last few games.

Sam needs to stop with the press conferences and radio shows.   He is honest but too honest. 

I don’t blame him for now wanting to play for Gase anymore.   You can blame either or both parties and add in the surrounding talent, but I don’t know whether Sam can make it work with this team anymore.  He needs a reboot, with a new coach here or somewhere else.  

20 hours ago, jgb said:

People surfaced like earthworms after rain gloating how Geno was finally gonna prove his haters wrong when he got a spot start for the Giants in 2018. As you can imagine, that was a short-lived thread.

The Darnold debate will not end when he's no longer a Jet. Welcome to the next 10 years on JN.

No one is ever wrong on the internet. They just go into hibernation and hope conditions improve.

Wait for the Comparisons they  are going to be  in abundance if we get TL and Darnold goes to the Steelers or the Colts it's going to be comical @jgb

• Haha 1