Jets Claim Pat Elflein

SR24

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Guess I'm the only one willing to take one for the team.   Outside of chronic vaginosis or leprosy, not sure why anyone would have a problem with this chick.

Other than the fact that a very grumpy old man likes her - me neither ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Guess I'm the only one willing to take one for the team.   Outside of chronic vaginosis or leprosy, not sure why anyone would have a problem with this chick.

Nobody said anything is wrong with her.  I'm questioning why a grown man feels the need to showcase his sexual preference in the middle of a discussion on a free agent Center. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Well I can see she had a snickers bar for lunch yesterday and I have a peanut allergy so it would never work

• Haha 2

People saying this guy has been good?  Yes, because that's what NFL teams do.  They take their first round picks who play well, make them switch positions and then cut them.

Per PFF, he has allowed 102 QB pressures and 17 sacks in 44 games. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

People saying this guy has been good?  Yes, because that's what NFL teams do.  They take their first round picks who play well, make them switch positions and then cut them.

He wasn’t a first rd pick but i agree he has been horrible to date

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Elflein was a 3rd rd pick.  

Minnesota is fine dumping Elflein because he's always injured and not particularly good at C or LG or RG.  They seem very happy with who is now their starting RG...  someone many people here wanted us to draft: 2nd round pick Ezra Cleveland. OT candidate now at RG, a position he never played.  

• Upvote 1

Meh. 

Hard to get too worked up either way over the signing.  Interior OL has been poor.  Take a shot at a talented kid who has underperformed.  Given that he is FA after the season, it is a longshot that he is around with us next season.  Worth a roll of the dice  I guess, but hard to get excited either way.

• Upvote 1

Not a great claim by any means, but a worthwhile pickup. He's better than Andrews, younger than him, and has a higher cieling. Is it likely he gets there? No. But we aren't the only team to put a claim in. Ravens, Washington, Bears, Miami, and the Jags also all claimed him, per RapSheet. If he shows some promise, you have a depth piece, and if not, he's not on the team next year. Not sure why everyone is so uptight about this pickup. Low risk, moderate reward play here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Elflein was a 3rd rd pick.  

Thanks.  Brain fart.  Poin still stands though.  Premium pick who got moved and cut.  Teams don't do that if guys are playing well.

Edited by AFJF

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

On the contrary. Everyone except @Defense Wins Championships is saying he's terrible.

I don't know a thing about him, but I do know I'm done getting excited about Douglas picking up other teams trash. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Seems like every player we sign has either been cut, coming off an injury and was released, or a "project".   At this point in our calamitous (like that?) season, why bother?  Just accept the tank/suck and not bother with these useless signings.

My guess is that he came cheap and while (probably) not 100% healthy, can be stashed till next year, rest up.....R&R as it were...rest and rehabilitation.  Def. worth a shot on the cheap.  

• Upvote 1