Jets 8th best fan base in the league...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-all-32-nfl-fan-bases/ss-BB19L4t9?ocid=msedgntp#image=26

8. New York Jets

Impressive finishing spot for the Jets, particularly when taking into account Fireman Ed’s existence. Thankfully, the worst celebrity fan in the NFL has hung up his goofy hat and complained his way into obscurity, where he should stay. The rest of the Jets fan base is a borderline-delirious group of people who boo virtually every first-round pick, tangle with a massive inferiority complex on an almost daily basis and yearn for the halcyon days of the franchise, which really amounts to one year: 1968. Most Jets fans also like the Mets, which is fitting because there might not be two more dysfunctional, poorly run franchises in American professional sports — or at least, none that happen to play in the biggest media market in the country. To be a Jets fan is to be waiting for next year before this year has even begun, to anticipate the other shoe dropping before the first one starts to fall and to come back day after day for an emotional beating. Oh, and it is to also live for a chant that involves screaming out the same four letters for hours every Sunday until your voice gives out. Call me crazy, but there’s an odd nobility to all of this.

So what can we do to be better?

• Haha 2

More like number 1 or 2, with only Cleveland as the possible spoiler at 1. Being a Jets fan is like being born in Somalia and saying to yourself "Yeah, good stuff, hope I retire here some day". Cleveland is the only other fan base on that list that knows suffering, true suffering. Starting with the fact that it's Cleveland.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

More like number 1 or 2, with only Cleveland as the possible spoiler at 1. Being a Jets fan is like being born in Somalia and saying to yourself "Yeah, good stuff, hope I retire here some day". Cleveland is the only other fan base on that list that knows suffering, true suffering. Starting with the fact that it's Cleveland.

Buffalo knows suffering too. 

A.) 4 consecutive SB loses (0 SB wins within Franchise History).

B.) 25 years without a single playoffs postseason win (1995). 

C.) I couldn't imagine. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-all-32-nfl-fan-bases/ss-BB19L4t9?ocid=msedgntp#image=26

8. New York Jets

Impressive finishing spot for the Jets, particularly when taking into account Fireman Ed’s existence. Thankfully, the worst celebrity fan in the NFL has hung up his goofy hat and complained his way into obscurity, where he should stay. The rest of the Jets fan base is a borderline-delirious group of people who boo virtually every first-round pick, tangle with a massive inferiority complex on an almost daily basis and yearn for the halcyon days of the franchise, which really amounts to one year: 1968. Most Jets fans also like the Mets, which is fitting because there might not be two more dysfunctional, poorly run franchises in American professional sports — or at least, none that happen to play in the biggest media market in the country. To be a Jets fan is to be waiting for next year before this year has even begun, to anticipate the other shoe dropping before the first one starts to fall and to come back day after day for an emotional beating. Oh, and it is to also live for a chant that involves screaming out the same four letters for hours every Sunday until your voice gives out. Call me crazy, but there’s an odd nobility to all of this.

who writes this crap? I mean this whole roots for next year crap and always boo the first round pick...how many years has it been since we booed the first round pick since darnold? maybe before and this is all while now the draft is not even in NY. GIve me a break. The ******* sports media sucks in general, not even just our poor excuse of beat writers that root against the team. Anyway whatever **** the who wrote thsi.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

who writes this crap? I mean this whole roots for next year crap and always boo the first round pick...how many years has it been since we booed the first round pick since darnold? maybe before and this is all while now the draft is not even in NY. GIve me a break. The ******* sports media sucks in general, not even just our poor excuse of beat writers that root against the team. Anyway whatever **** the who wrote thsi.

Adams got a pretty chilly reception on the board. I hated the Q pick, also.

54 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Hardly - this Cleveland franchise only has been in existence since '99.

If you're looking for futility, try the Lions.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Q pick was overwhelming accepted as great value and talked about as we we're lucky to get him....adams maybe I don't remember him getting boo'd...maybe but I know q didn't get boo'd he was cheered

Yeah you’re right not booed

We're up there.  As much as I dislike them, Eagles fans are up there too.  Giants fans are very passionate about their team.  Bills fans as well.  Chiefs fans are the loudest.  Steeler fans travel the best.  Dallas fans love their team.  Green Bay does as well.  Bears and Broncos fans feel underrated to me.  I'm not sure if Cleveland fans deserve a major distinction over teams like the Bengals or Lions.  Lions fans are the most tortured in the NFL (way more so than us).  

So my top 10 (in no specific order) are:

Jets

Giants

Bills

Eagles

Chiefs

Steelers

Cowboys

Packers

Broncos

Bears

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

More than half the fans have been beaten down so badly, they take a 9-7 year and think it is a great year so yeah, unfortunately 

ownership sees no reason to change. Heck we have a certain poster who believes Woody is a good owner and REX is a good coach.  

So NOT surprised.

I guess Giant fans should be ashamed of their 9-7 and 10-6 seasons and bowl wins over the 16-0 and 13-3 seasons of the Pats?? 

• Upvote 1

At 0-9, I will say this about myself as a Jets fan.  80% of my entire wardrobe is Jets apparel.  If my Jets pajamas didn't shrink the way they did, I would still have them.  I need a new Jets winter coat, but I wear my Jets hat every day.

I also love the Mets.  I need more Mets apparel.  

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Q pick was overwhelming accepted as great value and talked about as we we're lucky to get him....adams maybe I don't remember him getting boo'd...maybe but I know q didn't get boo'd he was cheered

The worst part of this article is that is mostly true, in my life. I remember exactly where I was for the last 12 drafts and for some crazy reason, I was either shocked or disappointed each year. This past year I desperately wanted Ceedee but After seeing Bectons father I was felling better.

I’m getting excited about next years draft more and more every day.

Goodbye 2020!!!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, peebag said:

Hardly - this Cleveland franchise only has been in existence since '99.

Kind of.  The NFL decided to attribute all of Browns history to the one "created" in 1999, with the Ravens being their own separate entity in the record books.  There was only a 3-year gap where the Browns were non-existent, and there's obviously not a single Browns fan out there that would call the Ravens an extension of the Browns' franchise, so it made sense for the league to do it that way.

I don't think you can begrudge that city, which hasn't been to a championship game since 1965, on what amounts to a technicality.  

On 11/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

8. New York Jets

tenor.gif

I would slot the Jets fanbase behind the Chiefs at # 5 because our fanbase is better then the Dallas Fraudulent Cowboys legion of bandwagon fans from the 1990's. To me the best fans are the Green Bay Packers fanbase since they live in that little small town in the middle of Wisconsin and most of them live next to the stadium. Jet fans can be rough lol and get impatient for example the former WFAN host Joe Benigno "Oh the pain". The Johnson brothers are the worst in the NFL with Jerry Jones close behind along with Dan Snyder.

Ranking us as the 8th best fan base is disrespectful to our passion within the form of a slap in our face. 

For a fan base who has not experienced a Championship since dating back to the 1968/1969 season but yet still ranks...

2nd in fan attendance last year of 2019.

2nd in fan attendance of 2018. 

3rd in fan attendance of 2017. 

5th in fan attendance of 2016. 

4th in fan attendance of 2015. 

3rd in fan attendance of 2014. 

5th in fan attendance of 2013. 

4th in fan attendance of 2012. 

3rd in fan attendance of 2011. 

4th in fan attendance of 2010. 

4th in fan attendance of 2009. 

3rd in fan attendance of 2008. 

3rd in fan attendance of 2007. 

4th in fan attendance of 2006. 

Etc. Etc. 

Is something to be in absolute awe of. 

2020 is the only year (ever) that the NFL Sports world could ever see us ranked 32nd and dead last in fan attendance; and that's only because of a Covid pandemic that has forced us to not be allowed to attend. It took a pandemic to stop us. ( http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2020 )

I couldn't care less what anyone has to say but no NFL fans have had to live through what NY Jet fans have lived through.

From not winning a title in over 50 years, stolen from Queens, having to share a stadium with our crosstown rivals who've won 4 SBs since the year I was born (85), forced to attend games in a stadium called "Giants Stadium" all the way to Bill Belichick quitting on us as our Head Coach before coaching a single game for us - only to see him then go onto winning 6 Championships while tormenting us for 20 years etc, etc

We've been ran through the mud as a fan base with an owner who really couldn't care less about us and nothing has ever taken away our love, support and/or passion for our Football team and Franchise; not even Adam Gase could take all of the above away from us. 

I stopped trying to post on a TB Rays message many of years ago during my 20's once I realized that A.) there were only a handful of us posting (less than 100). B.) It was boring for me and C.) the passion they had for Rays baseball here in St. Petersburg couldn't compare and couldn't hold a candle light when in comparison to my Jets fan base who I literally grew up from a kid into a man posting about my Jets alongside of; I appreciate you all within places like here on JN, TGG and the old JI more than you'll ever know. 

6 hours ago, WillTheJetseverbegoodagain said:

I would slot the Jets fanbase behind the Chiefs at # 5 because our fanbase is better then the Dallas Fraudulent Cowboys legion of bandwagon fans from the 1990's. 

Na. I'll have to disagree. I always thought the same thing about Dallas fans myself until many of years ago 2004 when I visited Texas for a work trip to help out a friend of mine, a town/city called Galveston.

I always thought that Florida was crazed High School football down here in the South (as it's a culture/holiday/religion down here and something I never experienced as a kid in South Ozone Park of Queens) and omg. Those Texans are absolutely crazed over LITTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALL and about their Dallas Cowboys? Forget about it; they are rabid fans. 

It felt like every car I noticed had a Cowboys sticker, every home had Cowboy flags and every restaurant had conversations going on about their Cowboys and to think that we were much closer to Houston than cities such as Dallas/Irving/Arlington? I couldn't imagine actually being in the HEART of Cowboy land (some 4-5 hours away from Galveston). 

I left Galveston with a new respect and a new appreciation for Cowboys fans; they are 100% legit and crazed over anything Football related. 

Any poll like this that doesn't have Pats at #32 has no credibility. It's a fan base that enables, justifies, excuses, glorifies institutional cheating and maligns anyone who stands up for honor as "jealous." It will evaporate like a puddle of piss in the Sahara if/when the Pats are merely mediocre or worse over any significant period of time.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:48 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're up there.  As much as I dislike them, Eagles fans are up there too.  Giants fans are very passionate about their team.  Bills fans as well.  Chiefs fans are the loudest.  Steeler fans travel the best.  Dallas fans love their team.  Green Bay does as well.  Bears and Broncos fans feel underrated to me.  I'm not sure if Cleveland fans deserve a major distinction over teams like the Bengals or Lions.  Lions fans are the most tortured in the NFL (way more so than us).  

So my top 10 (in no specific order) are:

Jets

Giants

Bills

Eagles

Chiefs

Steelers

Cowboys

Packers

Broncos

Bears

Difference is the Jets sell tickets, season tickets no matter what the  team is doing.  When the Cowboys or Browns lose, no one shows up or buys tickets.  Not sure about others.  But given the Jets are top 5 attendance pretty much every year and the amount of winning they've given fans the last 10 seasons its pretty amazing.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1