Is anyone else somewhat enjoying the Bills/Dolphins resurgence?

10 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Good post!  I still maintain the best way for the Jets to improve is the division to get more competitive.  Iron sharpens iron.

Plus rivalries bring entertainment.  The last 20 years have been painfully boring with the Pats just winning every single year.  

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Yes! Praying for A Dolphins/Bills AFC Championship game. Can't wait!!

Haha, I'm not rooting for any kind of post-season success for these teams.  But after 20 years of the Pats winning almost every single year, it has gotten beyond stale at this point.  Sports is entertainment, after all.  But our division has been, by far, the most boring in the NFL over the past 20 years.

Of course I want us to be the team that wins the division (or has the big post-season wins) but I also want the old rivalries back.  How great would a Jets/Dolphins game for the division title be?!  Trevor vs Tua!  Or Trevor vs Josh Allen and the Bills.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I think the Dolphins in particular represent a fine example of what the Jets can be next year with a successful offseason. 

A new coach and QB can make a big difference. 

The Dolphins are going to get really good soon too, actually.  Pretty sure they've got the Texans' 1st and 2nd rounders next year.  They're going to be the new team to hate.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Dolphins are going to get really good soon too, actually.  Pretty sure they've got the Texans' 1st and 2nd rounders next year.  They're going to be the new team to hate.

Yes, but those picks didn’t come for free. Laremy Tunsil might be the best tackle in the game right now. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick is also a tremendous young player for the Steelers. 

The Dolphins are ahead of schedule mostly because their coaching has been phenomenal with Gailey and Flores. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This forum has gone downhill fast this year...more threads on the Jets fan rooting for loses and our division opponets

I'm not rooting for our rivals.  I'm just saying it's nice to see a little shake-up in our division after 20 years of the Pats winning 12-16 games every year.  And I want the old rivalries back in games that mean something.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This forum has gone downhill fast this year...more threads on the Jets fan rooting for loses and our division opponets

I agree it’s a little much. If the Jets win a game this message board is going to completely meltdown. There are still 7 weeks left in the season. 

• Upvote 1

I think the Dolphins really hit the jackpot on the quarterback sweepstakes.  I know it is extremely early but the kid just looks like a winner.   Allen has more experience and is pretty good in his own right, but I think Tua is going to be really good.  Boy do we need to hit a homerun with TL or Fields..... 

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not rooting for our rivals.  I'm just saying it's nice to see a little shake-up in our division after 20 years of the Pats winning 12-16 games every year.  And I want the old rivalries back in games that mean something.

I kind of became numb to the Pats.  But when they finally lost the Division,  I wanted it to be us who would evenutally knock them off.  That's not going to happen, and seeing how far below the Phins and Bills we are just makes it more depressing.  I am not taking any pleasure watching them succeed.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Did Woody and the Jets offer better?  Stop with the homerism. 

The Jets storyline is atrocious, at least we can can acknowledge (tip our cap) to the teams we know best and watch their ascendency.  I can only hope Joe D can match and surpass their development.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You should see how they hate on our head coach, it’s disgraceful. 

SAR I

Ftr, I realize there's a lot of tongue-in-cheek in your posts (obviously in this one but, in others, it's more subtle) and I appreciate the humor you provide, especially in this joyless 0-9 season.

Just now, johnnyjet said:

My first hatred of another NFL  team was the fish. ....then wide right made me hate the Toronto team. But for the last twenty fLucking years I despised the team from the middle of no where  Massachusetts.  Now I hate them all 

I still view the Dolphins as our biggest enemy but it would be a lot more fun if we were both good, rather than irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

Did Woody and the Jets offer better?  Stop with the homerism. 

The Jets storyline is atrocious, at least we can can acknowledge (tip our cap) to the teams we know best and watch their ascendency.  I can only hope Joe D can match and surpass their development.

I come to a Jets forum to talk with jet fans....not people rooting for the opposition 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fans openly cheering for the pats to beat the jets.

Fans saying they like the Giants better.

Fans saying they are happy that Miami and the bills are looking good.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is where The Johnsons Brothers, the Idiot Maccagnan, and their pet Gimp Adam Gase have brought us. 

Deal with it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Hate on the jets all you want cheering for the pats, miami, the giants and the bills is idiotic.

I'm not cheering for them.  I want us to get good and beat them.  But it would be fun to revive rivalries like Jets/Miami and Jets/Buffalo again in games that actually matter (as opposed to all 3 of us being also-rans).

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not cheering for them.  I want us to get good and beat them.  But it would be fun to revive rivalries like Jets/Miami and Jets/Buffalo again in games that actually matter (as opposed to all 3 of us being also-rans).

At this point we have to stop enabling this franchise and accept that hitting rock bottom in novel and embarrassing ways may be what it needs to get serious about recovery.