Is anyone else somewhat enjoying the Bills/Dolphins resurgence?

10 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Yes, but those picks didn’t come for free. Laremy Tunsil might be the best tackle in the game right now. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick is also a tremendous young player for the Steelers. 

The Dolphins are ahead of schedule mostly because their coaching has been phenomenal with Gailey and Flores. 

They are also playing 3 rookies on the OL...and have much better defense without Fitzpatrick and his mom. 

I always hated the Dolphins, never had a problem with the Bills but yes I am enjoying their success. Both teams have like-able players and coaches. They're fun to watch and I have to say I am also having fun watching them prove Jets fans wrong. Look at this board last year, all anybody could say was how the Dolphins were so bad and weren't going to be good for a long time. They called Allen and the Bills frauds. Bills and Dolphins have bright futures and who knows, maybe competing for a SB in the near future while the Jets continue to not give a sh*t, tanking forever.

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's probably sacrilege to say that about the Dolphins and to some degree about the Bills too.  But I would love to have a Jets rivalry against both those teams again.  The only way for that to happen is for both "Us and Them" (TM Pink Floyd) to get good.  It's kind of amazing how they both got good the year the Pats legit started to fall off after 20 LONG years of dominance. 

Of course, the Jets being the Jets, we're the absolute worst we've been in those 20 years.  But maybe after this disastrous season we'll bounce back in a big way (between Trevor Lawrence, free agency and - hallelujah! - a new HC).  I wouldn't even mind if the Pats stayed relevant for a few more years while BB is there.  Hopefully, though, we can exact a tiny measure of revenge and have a big win against that iteration of the BB Pats that finally puts them to bed (something like the Gastineau game in Cleveland but going against the Pats).

And I would absolutely love it if they suffered through what the Redskins have suffered through the past 25 years.  Not just being a bad team but a team that has lost their previous identity completely.  In the very early 90's, the Redskins were still considered a powerhouse (3 SB wins in 4 appearances in 11 years).  Since then they've been pretty much awful.  Patriot fans deserve that fate after how much success they've just had.  

Too funny you brought this up.  My brother and I were catching up on Sunday with the Jets off and both of us were like, dude, I'm finding myself rooting for Buffalo and Miami for being the opposite of the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

F**K Miami. F**k their team, f**k their coach, f**k their owners, f**k Tua, and S**tzpatrick, f**k Dan Marino, who's got as many Super Bowl rings as a JN poster, f**k their fans whether they're disguised as hideous orange plastic seats or not, f**k the hopefully discombobulated spirit of Shula wandering aimlessly in purgatory lamenting the cheating that landed him there.  F** them all, each and every last one of them, and their organisation.  Pity they couldn't go 0-16 from now til the end of time. 

And f**k the Giants and New England too. But f**k Miami more. 

Buffalo? Meh.

4 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

F**K Miami. F**k their team, f**k their coach, f**k their owners, f**k Tua, and S**tzpatrick, f**k Dan Marino, who's got as many Super Bowl rings as a JN poster, f**k their fans whether they're disguised as hideous orange plastic seats or not, f**k the hopefully discombobulated spirit of Shula wandering aimlessly in purgatory lamenting the cheating that landed him there.  F** them all, each and every last one of them, and their organisation.  Pity they couldn't go 0-16 from now til the end of time. 

Buffalo? Meh.

You don't like Miami fans?  :)

image.png.f14b96137569ef6fa0836d667330f151.png

On a serious note and to answer the OPs question, there's nothing to enjoy about it because the Jets are not competing. That being said Miami are the true pukes of the AFCE and I never "somewhat enjoy" a win of thers unless it somehow helps the Jets PO chances. The same can be said for any division rival on that score, but other than that, I "somewhat enjoy" a Miami win as much as I "somewhat enjoy" vomiting, which is not at all.

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's probably sacrilege to say that about the Dolphins and to some degree about the Bills too.  But I would love to have a Jets rivalry against both those teams again.  The only way for that to happen is for both "Us and Them" (TM Pink Floyd) to get good.  It's kind of amazing how they both got good the year the Pats legit started to fall off after 20 LONG years of dominance. 

Of course, the Jets being the Jets, we're the absolute worst we've been in those 20 years.  But maybe after this disastrous season we'll bounce back in a big way (between Trevor Lawrence, free agency and - hallelujah! - a new HC).  I wouldn't even mind if the Pats stayed relevant for a few more years while BB is there.  Hopefully, though, we can exact a tiny measure of revenge and have a big win against that iteration of the BB Pats that finally puts them to bed (something like the Gastineau game in Cleveland but going against the Pats).

And I would absolutely love it if they suffered through what the Redskins have suffered through the past 25 years.  Not just being a bad team but a team that has lost their previous identity completely.  In the very early 90's, the Redskins were still considered a powerhouse (3 SB wins in 4 appearances in 11 years).  Since then they've been pretty much awful.  Patriot fans deserve that fate after how much success they've just had.  

Sort of. I would love for the Jets to be in "the strongest division in the NFL" and have consistently high level competitive games (and come out on top of course). To be honest I am more impressed by the Dolphins. Bills have a good record but I don't see them really being as good as their record and Allen is improved but still not elite, they manage him extremely well though

The Dolphins though seem to get better each week, and Tua pretty much looks to be a franchise QB. He essentially looks almost exactly like he did in college which is really rare. Plus they have tons of picks and a really solid young core and a coach that seems to be competent.

29 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Mahomes would've busted here, anyway. Needed to be said.

That may actually be true... he has a REAL offensive minded experienced coach who has surrounded him with talent.  We would have NO O-Line, second hand WR's etc. Our GMs and ownership literally could not have done worse.   

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

That may actually be true... he has a REAL offensive minded experienced coach who has surrounded him with talent.  We would have NO O-Line, second hand WR's etc. Our GMs and ownership literally could not have done worse.   

Mahomes would not drop from league's best QB to a bust in any set of circumstances.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Bills I'm indifferent towards. 

Fins (and their fans) can rot in the lowest depths of hell.

Don't think I've ever met anyone who hates the Bills -- they're kind of like a little brother. "Mildly annoyed" is pretty much the strongest emotion anyone can have about them.

16 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Buffalo? Meh.

Thank you...?

This why I stop by here...love jet's fans passion...BTW...GFY...lol

16 hours ago, JiF said:

Too funny you brought this up.  My brother and I were catching up on Sunday with the Jets off and both of us were like, dude, I'm finding myself rooting for Buffalo and Miami for being the opposite of the Jets. 

@Ben Had - thank you for the rep on this but I will have you know, I will never show the same decency to the Seminoles. 

❤️ 

• Haha 1