New uniforms: evil or abomination?

jgb

New unis  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do to the new unis?

• Keep 'em. They're fresh!
    • Burn with fire. Bury ashes under a garbage dump. Nuke the garbage dump. They are cursed. Bring back the only unis we ever won anything in.
    • Keep them unless we go 0-16 then destroy.

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The young portion of the fanbase seems to like them (at least from my interactions with friends) and you can only change your uniform 1 time every 5 years.  

They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Would you young whippersnappers be ok with the slash or blade being turned into arm stripes like the old ones. 

1 minute ago, Gibby said:

Well... They suck!!!! But we’ve been over this. And over and over. We need to keep them by rule for ( I think ) it’s 5 years? So- until they can change them it doesn’t seem worth talking about.

If there was a sales pop after this uni change you can bet we'll get new ones every five years until Woody dies

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The current NY Jets jerseys are the worst selling jerseys in the NFL. 

A friend of mine works for Dicks Sporting Goods. 

I hate the unis but being the crappiest team in the NFL with very few names likely to be on the team next year also has something to do with that

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I will admit that the green in our helmet has a certain richness to it (that I like) but we can do much better overall.   As soon as we're allowed to change our uniforms, I'm all for a redesign.

176100127_JetsRaiders.png.cc406362de763ba83fa43589330ee9e0.png

9vp7es5a3v141.thumb.jpeg.5d387661a0b7e988be1b3ece9a952a27.jpeg

1930FE78-E568-4559-AD26-9CE86D3B2E44.thumb.jpeg.84c65969757fc7686c0695c828c162ed.jpeg

The “Spotlight White” and “Stealth Black” combinations are two of the nicest uniform combos in football right now.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I voted B.) Because I'm stuck in my old ways and loved the looks of our throwback uniforms; classy. 

But in all actual reality I like our new look as well (just not the players within them) and absolutely LOVE the NEW YORK written across our chest. 

I really like our helmets too but could've been more creative. Instead of a football I would've loved an NYC Skyline design type of theme built around the Jets logo. 

I think the Jets Unis have always been a little Bland and unimaginative and it's gotten worse over time.

When the new ones came out I figured I'd give them a chance and I was pretty impartial, but certain combos are starting to look like my kids pajamas.

I'm over the all black ones, but I do think the helmets are pretty cool.

Just my opinion but I think they should have went with something more edgy, or more imaginative. Maybe something military. By that I don't mean fatigues, I mean like the officers dress. The noble stuff with the tassels hanging off the shoulders like Captain Crunch!? Lol

IDK just anything that would actually signify Jets. Either the actual fighter planes or the guys who fly them.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think the Jets Unis have always been a little Bland and unimaginative and it's gotten worse over time.

When the new ones came out I figured I'd give them a chance and I was pretty impartial, but certain combos are starting to look like my kids pajamas.

I'm over the all black ones, but I do think the helmets are pretty cool.

Just my opinion but I think they should have went with something more edgy, or more imaginative. Maybe something military. By that I don't mean fatigues, I mean like the officers dress. The noble stuff with the tassels hanging off the shoulders like Captain Crunch!? Lol

IDK just anything that would actually signify Jets. Either the actual fighter planes or the guys who fly them.

Jets uniforms, circa 2025

Rough Cut of “Captain EO” Starring Michael Jackson Surfaces Online - WDW  News Today

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Do the Jets suck because of the uniforms-or do the uniforms suck because of the Jets. 

chicken vs egg. bOOM!

No one is suggesting the uniforms dictate performance. What we are saying is that they are now associated with and a constant reminder of abject suck. It's not a chicken and egg situation because it's not a paradox.

Just now, jgb said:

No one is suggesting the uniforms dictate performance. What we are saying is that they are now associated with and a constant reminder of suck. It's not a chicken and egg situation because it's not a paradox.

Bad enough we suck but do we have to look sh*tty doing it, bring back the traditional uniforms, 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

The new uniforms are trash, a total failure as a concept, an embarrassment from the get go with the worst presentation ever conducted, and should be incinerated immediately.  Why would a franchise want to evoke memories of their once lowest era (only to duplicate it)?

That's the best professional uniform designers could do? Half the fan submitted nonsense looked 100× better than that sh*t they rolled out, from the shiny Christmas Ornament helmets to the oh so terrible combo of black and bright green...

Total crap.

Jets....JETS... NOT 737s, the cool sh*t we use to DOMINATE THIS PLANETS SKIES!!!

CHROME HELMETS!! Subdued grey with green. That was the way to go.

Sad.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1