New uniforms: evil or abomination?

jgb

New unis  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do to the new unis?

• Keep 'em. They're fresh!
    • Burn with fire. Bury ashes under a garbage dump. Nuke the garbage dump. They are cursed. Bring back the only unis we ever won anything in.
    • Keep them unless we go 0-16 then destroy.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I will admit that the green in our helmet has a certain richness to it (that I like) but we can do much better overall.  As soon as we're allowed to change our uniforms, I'm all for a redesign.  I loved our uni's the year before the most recent change.

176100127_JetsRaiders.png.cc406362de763ba83fa43589330ee9e0.png

If the took the stripe off the sleeve of the Jersey and just had solid Green sleeves with the White Number and Swoosh they'd be instantly one of the best uniforms in the league.  The helmets are one of the leagues best.

31 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the took the stripe off the sleeve of the Jersey and just had solid Green sleeves with the White Number and Swoosh they'd be instantly one of the best uniforms in the league.  The helmets are one of the leagues best.

Wouldn't you like a NY SKYLINE design on our helmets? I know I would (embrace NYC). 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wouldn't you like a NY SKYLINE design on our helmets? I know I would (embrace NYC). 

I’d like to at least pretend that this team still has a legitimate pedigree and connection to Joe Willy when I watch them stinking it up. The new uniforms are like what movies in the 1960s thought fashion would look like in the year 2000.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

They'll forever be tied to 0-16.

I have a 10 year old nephew who could design something better

Wouldn’t be surprised if that embarrassing launch party didn’t have something to do with Neil Glatt’s ouster. It was so cringe.

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The new uniforms are trash, a total failure as a concept, an embarrassment from the get go with the worst presentation ever conducted, and should be incinerated immediately.  Why would a franchise want to evoke memories of their once lowest era (only to duplicate it)?

That's the best professional uniform designers could do? Half the fan submitted nonsense looked 100× better than that sh*t they rolled out, from the shiny Christmas Ornament helmets to the oh so terrible combo of black and bright green...

Total crap.

Jets....JETS... NOT 737s, the cool sh*t we use to DOMINATE THIS PLANETS SKIES!!!

CHROME HELMETS!! Subdued grey with green. That was the way to go, but pussy ass liberal Nike and the Retard Brothers went with bubble font words,  Children's toy green, with a clear influence from children's onesies.

Sad.

Nothing says “I’m a big tough MAN” like insulting the libs and the mentally handicapped, right guys?

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The new uniforms are trash, a total failure as a concept, an embarrassment from the get go with the worst presentation ever conducted, and should be incinerated immediately.  Why would a franchise want to evoke memories of their once lowest era (only to duplicate it)?

That's the best professional uniform designers could do? Half the fan submitted nonsense looked 100× better than that sh*t they rolled out, from the shiny Christmas Ornament helmets to the oh so terrible combo of black and bright green...

Total crap.

Jets....JETS... NOT 737s, the cool sh*t we use to DOMINATE THIS PLANETS SKIES!!!

CHROME HELMETS!! Subdued grey with green. That was the way to go, but pussy ass liberal Nike and the Retard Brothers went with bubble font words,  Children's toy green, with a clear influence from children's onesies.

Sad.

Never knew a man could feel so strongly about color choices on fabric that they manage to blame MNCs, politics, and disabilities for not getting their way. That’s a special type of yikes. 

• Upvote 2

The old uniforms looked great up until the NFL replaced Reebok with Nike IMO.  The Reebok jerseys had more of a classic look that was a better fit with the old jerseys.   The current setup, I think you can keep the helmet, but the jersey needs a tweak.  I don’t like how the green jersey looks with the green helmet.  The black kits, I actually like.

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The current NY Jets jerseys are the worst selling jerseys in the NFL. 

A friend of mine works for Dicks Sporting Goods. 

You said that about a friend who works at Models.

Now its Dicks.

We havent had a winning team in those uniforms, has nothing to do with what they look like

The uniform isnt bad, I can live with it, I wish they used the 70s-90s logo on this helmet, or a play on it

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Did you become a Jets fan because of Shonn Greene? 

I was a Jet fan long before Shonn Greene.  I became a Jets fan because as a kid I decided I didn't want to be a Bears fan like my Dad and brother.

I picked the Jets because they were Green(my favorite color) and I liked their helmets(80s/Early 90s version).  

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL, you need a life.  Over a uniform?  

The uniforms are average as a can be. C+. They could have been much worse. What amuses me is that supposedly Nike spent four years coming up with the design.

The "New York" across the chest is the only thing I really dislike. The black uniforms are blah and a flashback to the mid 90s when black was en vogue and every sports team that didn't have it in their color scheme started adding it to follow the trend. The only thing more cliché about the black set is that we wear them at night primarily. Really, guys?

If we go 0-16 and these uniforms are forever linked to that then we'll change them as soon as we're allowed. Three more seasons?

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I was a Jet fan long before Shonn Greene.  I became a Jets fan because as a kid I decided I didn't want to be a Bears fan like my Dad and brother.

I picked the Jets because they were Green(my favorite color) and I liked their helmets(80s/Early 90s version).  

I've always believed the state of Iowa deserves an NFL Football team. You guys are absolutely crazed NCAA over both Iowa program's and I feel an Iowa NFL football team would be awesome for the league (Seattle type of crazed fans). 

13 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

The uniforms are average as a can be. C+. They could have been much worse. What amuses me is that supposedly Nike spent four years coming up with the design.

The "New York" across the chest is the only thing I really dislike. The black uniforms are blah and a flashback to the mid 90s when black was en vogue and every sports team that didn't have it in their color scheme started adding it to follow the trend. The only thing more cliché about the black set is that we wear them at night primarily. Really, guys?

If we go 0-16 and these uniforms are forever linked to that then we'll change them as soon as we're allowed. Three more seasons?

Ray-Lucas-photo.jpg

"C+, what? Either you brought home somebody else's report card to show your Mom or you forged it. I'll tell you what my report card says. Those uniforms are an F. Let me ask my buddy, Bart. Hey, Bart, what do you think of those uniforms?" - Ray Lucas

maxresdefault.jpg

19 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

The black uniforms are blah and a flashback to the mid 90s when black was en vogue and every sports team that didn't have it in their color scheme started adding it to follow the trend.

People keep saying this but most NFL teams seem to now have a black uniform.  More teams wear black than we ev er saw in the 90s.  The Browns, the Jets, the Falcons, the Saints, the Ravens, the 49rs, the Steelers, the bengals, Jax, Eagles, etc

You could say the same for ollege teams, too many to name

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You said that about a friend who works at Models.

Now its Dicks.

We havent had a winning team in those uniforms, has nothing to do with what they look like

The uniform isnt bad, I can live with it, I wish they used the 70s-90s logo on this helmet, or a play on it

samesame.jpg

I haven't had a "friend who works at a sporting goods store" since I was 14 years old.  Funny when that comes up in discussion as a point of emphasis.

The vast majority of Jets fans in this forum wanted a) green helmets and b) a variation on our loser 80's uniform.  Well, they got it.  Squint your eyes for a moment or watch it on TV, it's the same damn thing.

SAR I

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I will admit that the green in our helmet has a certain richness to it (that I like) but we can do much better overall.  As soon as we're allowed to change our uniforms, I'm all for a redesign.  I loved our uni's the year before the most recent change.

176100127_JetsRaiders.png.cc406362de763ba83fa43589330ee9e0.png

Agree... The only part of the new uni I like is the green of the helmet.   I don't like the lame helmet logo or the weak-ass shoulder pad swipe. I TOTALLY want to vomit when they wear the black uniform.  The Jets are the Jets.  The Jets are green.  Leave the black crap for the Raiders.  

They should do one of two things. Go back to the legacy uniforms.  Like Parcells said, that uniform "is" the Jets.

If they insist on putting those clean, crisp, classic and professional legacy uniforms in the closet, then do this...

Keep the new green helmet... BUT.  Use a white face mask, use the Jets helmet logo from the 80's and use a jersey that has very similar stripes to the 80's uniform.  That would look very slick,

And for F**K sake, get rid of the black. 

What they have now is bush league garbage.  

• Post of the Week 1

the uni's really are hideous.  I've tried to like them.  They suck. 

Stadium fail.  Uniform fail. Coaching staff decades of consistent fail including NOW.  GM fail.  1st round pick fails (constant).  Free Agency fails (always).  

Woody and Chris Johnson.  They should be publicly tarred and feathered.  We deserve better after all these years.  

They are going to keep Gase around to ruin the next 1st round QB pick.  There is really close to zero chance of any other result with Gase here.  He is that bad. At everything. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

samesame.jpg

I haven't had a "friend who works at a sporting goods store" since I was 14 years old.  Funny when that comes up in discussion as a point of emphasis.

The vast majority of Jets fans in this forum wanted a) green helmets and b) a variation on our loser 80's uniform.  Well, they got it.  Squint your eyes for a moment or watch it on TV, it's the same damn thing.

SAR I

JETS FANS - Bring back the 80s look!!!!

JETS FANS - Change them again even though you did exactly what we bitched about getting for 30 years!!!!

You guys wanted the old look, you got it. Stop bitching.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1