New uniforms: evil or abomination?

jgb

New unis  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do to the new unis?

• Keep 'em. They're fresh!
    • Burn with fire. Bury ashes under a garbage dump. Nuke the garbage dump. They are cursed. Bring back the only unis we ever won anything in.
    • Keep them unless we go 0-16 then destroy.

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’d have to see it first, but I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to it if it fit.

I think the only modification that needs to be made is honestly getting rid of that large blade stripe and moving back to a traditional shoulder stripe and gettign the NEW YORK off the front of the jersey.  Also if htey got rid of the football on the helmet and went back to the old 80 italics jets logo the uniform will hit that sweet spot we were hoping for.  They didnt miss the mark by much honestly. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You said that about a friend who works at Models.

Now its Dicks.

We havent had a winning team in those uniforms, has nothing to do with what they look like

The uniform isnt bad, I can live with it, I wish they used the 70s-90s logo on this helmet, or a play on it

I've mentioned Modells when NY Jets merchandise went on sale in October/November for 50% off. 

Modells is out of business my friend has worked for Dicks Sporting Goods since they opened here in N.J. 

We haven't had a Super Bowl winning team since 1969 but the old jerseys and merchandise sold unlike now. 

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the uni's really are hideous.  I've tried to like them.  They suck. 

Stadium fail.  Uniform fail. Coaching staff decades of consistent fail including NOW.  GM fail.  1st round pick fails (constant).  Free Agency fails (always).  

Woody and Chris Johnson.  They should be publicly tarred and feathered.  We deserve better after all these years.  

They are going to keep Gase around to ruin the next 1st round QB pick.  There is really close to zero chance of any other result with Gase here.  He is that bad. At everything. 

The only strong thing about the Jets are their fans.  Solid men and women supporting an all out loser.  

I see a legit possibility of a turnaround with JD now.

Let's hope he has the same brains and balls as the collective of Jets fans. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Switch back to a white helmet and the current uniform will improve greatly.

Hell,  white helmet with normal shoulder stripes and they look decent.  White helmet with vertical shoulder stripes (think Colts) and they’ll be SWEET. 

actually the new helmet is the one thing i like 

18 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

actually the new helmet is the one thing i like 

I like the green helmet too, but with a few exceptions:

1.  I don't like the way it looks on old school helmets.  Not a big problem obviously, but Flacco's old hat looks really bad without a center stripe or something visually interesting.  Again, wouldn't even mention it if not for Flacco getting so much screen time.

2.  I don't like it with the green jerseys as the colors clash in most lighting conditions.  Looks great with the white and black uni's though.

SAR I

In some of the photos posted they look decent...in action the green ones are horrible. The all white is passable/OK.

The black for blacks sake uniforms were unnecessary and just gives the Jets something else they shouldn’t be worrying about. Their uniform schedule seems more organized than their draft process. Pro tip- ditch the all black uniforms when you’re winless, they aren’t fooling anyone.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In some of the photos posted they look decent...in action the green ones are horrible. The all white is passable/OK.

The black for blacks sake uniforms were unnecessary and just gives the Jets something else they shouldn’t be worrying about. Their uniform schedule seems more organized than their draft process. Pro tip- ditch the all black uniforms when you’re winless, they aren’t fooling anyone.

JB Smoove for Jets President!

On 11/17/2020 at 8:47 AM, Jet Nut said:

People keep saying this but most NFL teams seem to now have a black uniform.  More teams wear black than we ev er saw in the 90s.  The Browns, the Jets, the Falcons, the Saints, the Ravens, the 49rs, the Steelers, the bengals, Jax, Eagles, etc

You could say the same for ollege teams, too many to name

Sorry, I should have clarified that I was talking about NBA uniforms, and black in general being the "it" color of the time.

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

I was a Jet fan long before Shonn Greene.  I became a Jets fan because as a kid I decided I didn't want to be a Bears fan like my Dad and brother.

I picked the Jets because they were Green(my favorite color) and I liked their helmets(80s/Early 90s version).  

My mom tells me I picked the Jets because my favorite color was green

funny, I don’t remember ever liking the color green

mustve been when I was 4 or 5

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 2:02 PM, Maxman said:

Not sure why you think you think any of this is acceptable.

I will chalk it up as a bad lapse in judgement which is why I banned you for less than a week. I don't ever do bans that short. Step away and if you decide to come back, do so without the name calling, personal attacks and political commentary.

I wonder who he voted for?  

Poll needs an options for "So boring and bland that I cannot ever  generate enough passion to care about them".

They're uniforms, and they blend into the background for the most part.  They're just meh, not good in any real way, but so genetically boring as to not warrant real hate.

Pretty par for the course for the 2020's tbh.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Colours are fine. logo on helmet’s gotta go. 

I can’t believe with a name like Jets, that’s what they came up. Balloon letters and a fcking football. 

Johnsons are the best businessmen in the NFL when it comes to profits. Make the new unis bad but not a prima facie fail and then 5 years later throw a "we listened to you the fans" and switch back to something more classic. Double dip on the rush for people to restock on swag.

Just now, jgb said:

Johnsons are the best businessmen in the NFL when it comes to profits. Make the new unis bad but not a prima facie fail and then 5 years later throw a "we listened to you the fans" and switch back to something more classic. Double dip on the rush for people to restock on swag.

The new and improved ones aren't selling for various reasons. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The new and improved ones aren't selling for various reasons. 

Yeah, never know who's going to be on the team next year. Plus there's some social pressure to wear the new ones when watching in person or with other fans.

I had to defend myself as a "real fan" after positing a picture of my dad and I wearing matching Namath jerseys because they weren't "authentic 1969 jerseys" but modern ones (early-2000s) with his name on it.

I literally had to post a photo of Namath himself wearing that exact uniform to shut them down.