New uniforms: evil or abomination?

jgb

New unis  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do to the new unis?

• Keep 'em. They're fresh!
    • Burn with fire. Bury ashes under a garbage dump. Nuke the garbage dump. They are cursed. Bring back the only unis we ever won anything in.
    • Keep them unless we go 0-16 then destroy.

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. The Johnsons net worth, lol, suckers.

2. The New York City "Region" football team, and you don't like the Giants/Blue

3. Name/Colors/Logo

I generally think that's the real world order.  

Maybe, but I left the area decades ago, yet hang on.

Change the name and I'm out.

Chief's fan!  

or wherever Sam goes because losing just feels right.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

throwbacks.jpg

Hey, I was the biggest white helmet fan on the planet prior to these uniforms being introduced, but white just doesn't work with these, either the Spotlight white or the Stealth black.

The good news is that if/when we have an AFL throwback jersey, the green helmets work with it.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold looks very afraid. 

throwbacks.jpg

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I copied and pasted that picture from this thread posted by your hero SOR I. 

Spazz says what?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

There was no reason to change our uniforms none whatsoever. 

Many other teams remain with the traditional good looking uniforms. 

No doubt this was a money making merchandise scheme that failed miserably. 

Look around the league, there are more new uniforms, all embracing this new look.  

Teams like Minny, Chargers, Rams, Tenn, Houston, Jax, Philly is changing, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, Falcons, Cards have all changed to new designs.  Throw in teams like the Broncos, Bengals, Seawhawks who have modern takes unlike tradition look.

It obviously is a trend for now.  

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Look around the league, there are more new uniforms, all embracing this new look.  

Teams like Minny, Chargers, Rams, Tenn, Houston, Jax, Philly is changing, Lions, Bucs, Panthers, Falcons, Cards have all changed to new designs.  Throw in teams like the Broncos, Bengals, Seawhawks who have modern takes unlike tradition look.

It obviously is a trend for now.  

You should. 

Most teams stayed traditional look or close to it  and tweaked only the helmets and minor uniform changes as in colors Colts,Browns,Giants,Falcons,Bills,Lions,Dolphins,Chiefs,Eagles,Redskins,Bears,Ravens,Raiders,Cowboys,49ers,Steelers,Packers. 

We had total color change,logo change, number design change and added those hideous slash marks. 

Nike destroyed our uniforms and logo. 

https://www.chicagoaudible.com/2020-nfl-uniform-rankings/

30. New York Jets

TCAArticle-GraphicsUniforms-AFC-E-Jets.j

This uniform is a year old and it never sat well with me from the beginning. It has moments, but the incorporation of black and white shoulder stripes really hold this back.

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You should. 

Most teams stayed traditional look or close to it  and tweaked only the helmets Colts,Browns,Giants,Falcons,Bills,Lions,Dolphins,Chiefs,Eagles,Redskins,Bears,Ravens,Raiders,Cowboys,49ers,Steelers,

Packers. 

We had total color change,logo change, number design change and added those hideous slash marks. 

30. New York Jets

This uniform is a year old and it never sat well with me from the beginning. It has moments, but the incorporation of black and white shoulder stripes really hold this back.

Did you bother to read the post?  

The Browns, Falcons, Lions, Dolphins, Eagles, are not wearing there traditional uiforms. Eagles are said to be changing.  The Ravens are a new team, they dont have a traditional older look.  

Thats not close to most teams have kept their traditional look or what I said, many teams are wearing new look uniforms.  

Not saying you have to like it or some blogger from Chicago.  Just accept that its the current trend.  Theres nothing to argue

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No argument at all. 

Im stubborn your stubborn. 

It's all good. 

How am I stubborn for saying there are a lot of teams that have moved to a newer, younger look.  I didnt give an opinion or anything that is debatable.   

Yes, youre arguing.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

How am I stubborn for saying there are a lot of teams that have moved to a newer, younger look.  I didnt give an opinion or anything that is debatable.   

Yes, youre arguing.  

Many haven't changed and stayed traditional its a fact. 

71.67% 86 other members don't like them either in the poll. 

Sporting News ranks us 15 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-uniform-rankings-2020/11cu2k3r8iklb15mjpe8r0r5my

15. New York Jets

image.gif.018b961581424b8d822383a8fc9fe2e5.gif (Nike)

For a team that had the same boring, ugly look for 20 years as a throwback to the Joe Namath days, change in 2019 was good.

Almost everything about the Jets’ current uniform set works. The striping, while a little generic, is modern, and the shift to the brighter, “Gotham” green was smart. The Jets could have left the black number trim out of their green and white jerseys, and they definitely should have gone with green or white facemasks as opposed to black.

To be fair, though, those black facemasks look great when the Jets wear their all-black alternates.

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

KI

You like them and thats fine thats your choice. 

Nike destroyed our uniform in my opinion. 

Are you serious? 

Not one of my posts said anything about my liking or disliking the new uniforms or not

I dont dislike them, couldn't care less whether they stick with them, go back to the last uniform or even the 80's uniform, especially if they did them in the current green unit and helmet, that would be sharp IMOP

Thing is youre getting splits here with the old uni's the 80s and the new uni's.  Worst part, the people who think what they like is more important 

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Maybe, but I left the area decades ago, yet hang on.

Yup, me too.

I've said it before, had DC had a better named, cooler uniformed (to my tastes), cooler named team when I moved down here as a kid, I'm probably posting on "Washington Football Team Nation" right now, honestly.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You should. 

Most teams stayed traditional look or close to it  and tweaked only the helmets and minor uniform changes as in colors Colts,Browns,Giants,Falcons,Bills,Lions,Dolphins,Chiefs,Eagles,Redskins,Bears,Ravens,Raiders,Cowboys,49ers,Steelers,Packers. 

Nike destroyed our uniforms and logo. 

30. New York Jets

47C01F4F-744B-4B11-83BA-343E89F52E43.jpeg