New uniforms: evil or abomination?

New unis  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do to the new unis?

• Keep 'em. They're fresh!
    • Burn with fire. Bury ashes under a garbage dump. Nuke the garbage dump. They are cursed. Bring back the only unis we ever won anything in.
    • Keep them unless we go 0-16 then destroy.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring these back!

Bring back this jersey and logo.       

The “Spotlight White” and “Stealth Black” combinations are two of the nicest uniform combos in football right now.

Posted Images

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You should. 

Most teams stayed traditional look or close to it  and tweaked only the helmets and minor uniform changes as in colors Colts,Browns,Giants,Falcons,Bills,Lions,Dolphins,Chiefs,Eagles,Redskins,Bears,Ravens,Raiders,Cowboys,49ers,Steelers,Packers. 

We had total color change,logo change, number design change and added those hideous slash marks. 

Nike destroyed our uniforms and logo. 

https://www.chicagoaudible.com/2020-nfl-uniform-rankings/

30. New York Jets

TCAArticle-GraphicsUniforms-AFC-E-Jets.j

This uniform is a year old and it never sat well with me from the beginning. It has moments, but the incorporation of black and white shoulder stripes really hold this back.

Agreed on the dumbest looking stripe of all time. I mean wtf

• Upvote 1
On 1/27/2021 at 7:16 PM, HessStation said:

good point !   😎

On 1/27/2021 at 7:16 PM, HessStation said:

stripes.jpg

They cry for the classic 80's uniform, they weep for the classic 80's logo, and when they get exactly what they want in an updated 20's way, they cry for the same sh-t we had in 2016.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2

These uniforms looks like they copied the Denver uniform and changed the colors. The helmet logo is hideous, IMHO.

I would like to see a combination of the 60's uniform with the helmets from the 80's. IMHO, the best of both worlds. Of course, the proper shade of green has to be chosen.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

These uniforms looks like they copied the Denver uniform and changed the colors. The helmet logo is hideous, IMHO.

I would like to see a combination of the 60's uniform with the helmets from the 80's. IMHO, the best of both worlds. Of course, 😎 the proper shade of green 😎 has to be chosen.

dear NorthCJF, hi !  🙂.. if i may,..  " the proper shade of green "...  Kelly Green:beer:   

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, SAR I said:

stripes.jpg

They cry for the classic 80's uniform, they weep for the classic 80's logo, and when they get exactly what they want in an updated 20's way, they cry for the same sh-t we had in 2016.

SAR I

"Exactly what they wanted...Updated in a 20's way!"

🤣 They butchered that Jersey! And the new logo is a special kind of garbage.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GreenNewDeal said:

"Exactly what they wanted...Updated in a 20's way!"

🤣 They butchered that Jersey! And the new logo is a special kind of garbage.

samesame.jpg

It's got the identical vibe of the 80's look, just updated in a 20's Nike way.  They're fine.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

New helmets are more Fly green than the 80s.

It’s not a flat green, it’s a gradient design, the shades of green run the gamut of Jets shades depending on lighting, even the calibration of your TV can make it look different.  

We got fresh uniforms with a nod to yesteryear while remaining completely modern and on-brand.  Nike and the Jets did a good job.  Time to move on. 

This year or next the NFL will allow for alternate colored helmets, we’ll get black and white too, and we can flip to the 68 uni’s again.  

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s not a flat green, it’s a gradient design, the shades of green run the gamut of Jets shades depending on lighting, even the calibration of your TV can make it look different.  

We got fresh uniforms with a nod to yesteryear while remaining completely modern and on-brand.  Nike and the Jets did a good job.  Time to move on. 

This year or next the NFL will allow for alternate colored helmets, we’ll get black and white too, and we can flip to the 68 uni’s again.  

SAR I

It is such a mistake that the nfl doesn’t allow teams the uniform flexibility that the NCAA does. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It is such a mistake that the nfl doesn’t allow teams the uniform flexibility that the NCAA does. 

Mark_Sanchez_under_pressure_Jets-Dolphin

It’s been noted and is being corrected.  I like the Titans uniforms, the white ones, I hope we bring those back too.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I don't care how modern or neat the new helmets look.

White helmets look better.

image.jpeg.d192161e36e4881d032a542224af7df5.jpegimage.jpeg.eee784c7606c29dbb1c1df95a8a6760c.jpeg

image.jpeg.cf2d54f4a9f2fcd85c79cfb101b1ea07.jpegimage.jpeg.c385b9f3b2767f76a4522862ff92f007.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1bdd594853b8da24732e4a800124e35.jpegimage.jpeg.3da744eb977d92441d00794af55f883b.jpeg

image.jpeg.a806e8df59fcf26618f7d49d77e05755.jpegimage.jpeg.f8b0bce664dc30c4f01391c97cb417f2.jpeg

I like the look of matt black and the occasional use of chrome for special occasions.

Simply awful. Black uniforms are outdated from the 1990s.  The JETS across the helmet with a tiny football looks so juvenile and plain. Looks like a middle school student could have created the design in ten minutes. Could have taken a huge step forward in creating a true NY identity instead took major steps backwards. I am the furthest from an art designer but could there have been some implement of a jet plane and the NY skyline? Too much to ask? The slashes on the uniforms instead of stripes look ridiculous. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I don't care how modern or neat the new helmets look.

White helmets look better.

* * 😎ny_jets_07_800.jpg

image.jpeg.a806e8df59fcf26618f7d49d77e05755.jpegimage.jpeg.f8b0bce664dc30c4f01391c97cb417f2.jpeg

^ ^   * *  agreed !  😎     

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Simply awful. Black uniforms are outdated from the 1990s.  The JETS across the helmet with a tiny football looks so juvenile and plain. Looks like a middle school student could have created the design in ten minutes. Could have taken a huge step forward in creating a true NY identity instead took major steps backwards. I am the furthest from an art designer but could there have been some implement of a jet plane and the NY skyline? Too much to ask? The slashes on the uniforms instead of stripes look ridiculous. 

samlev.jpg

imageproxy-php.jpg

The "slashes" are the tip of the pointy 80's Jets logo, from certain angles they look like wings, from other angles a jet plane's contrails.  Nike gave us a unique take on the boring shoulder stripe.  It looks good.

As for the logo, for 45 years we've had the word "Jets" and a graphic football on our helmets.  That's a nod to the 68's.  Take away the oval, take away the NY, it's the same logo we've had for the majority of our existence.

As for identity, we are the only green team in the AFC.  And our jersey says New York right across the front.  And the stripes convey a feeling of flight.  Nike and the Jets did a good job of reinterpreting our 80's uniforms with some '68 touches and a modern 20's look.

SAR I