Gase survived the bye

25 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

If you think the team is intentionally tanking then Gase is absolutely coming back. There's no way Gase would participate in a tank job without knowing he had an opportunity to make up for it. If you think the team sucks and Gase is trying to put a winning product on the field then you might as well find a new hobby for Sunday afternoons if Gase remains. 

Fully agree. If Gase did not receive assurances that he’d get a mulligan for this season, I don’t think he’d go along with an intentional tank job. He’d be defending himself to the media e.g. “I can only coach the players that I’ve been given”. He has instead fallen on the sword and taken all of the heat for what looks to be a 0-16/2-14 final record. 

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely!  If CJ lets Joe D hire his own HC then they obviously won't be on the same page.  And if Joe D drafts a rookie QB, he'll have to learn a new system (which he obviously wouldn't have to do if we retain Gase).

Joe D already chose his own HC.

Joe Douglas turned down Christopher Johnson's offer to be Jets GM multiple times.  It was Adam Gase that went in and got him to sign here.  Gase and Douglas are already locked at the hip.  They are friends.  They are in this together.

Young players on a young roster are far more successful when their 21 year old brains don't have to learn 2 different playbooks in successive years.  Lawrence will have to learn a new playbook, sure, but Becton, Perriman, Mims, McGovern, Van Roten, Fant, Perine, Morgan, and other carryovers won't.  They like Gase.  No one is complaining.  They are playing very hard.

SAR I

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

A poor decision but not unexpected.....The right move would be to fire him and say 0-9 is not accectable. Instead he is retained.

The question is why

a) I believe the Johnsons ego in calling him a genius would be to much to fire mid season

b) JD wants him in place to deflect the rage from the front office

c)  Adam Gase is the Football Man of Florham Park.  He's more than a head coach.  He's Tom Coughlin.  He's Bill Belichick.  He's Bill Parcells.  He was given the complete control that Rhule was denied.  It's why he came here when all his smart peers told him he was crazy and that the Jets were NFL Siberia.

SAR I

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I've been saying this for a while now, too.  Anyone thinking Gase will be fired just does not see what's right in front of them.  

He's now 7-18 in less than two years.  There is a DC who is more than capable of managing the team through season's end.  Yet, Gase is still here.  Because the Johnsons like him for some reason, Gase is HC in 2021.  Boom.

No, because it makes no sense to dump an NFL HC, changes little if anything

8 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Fully agree. If Gase did not receive assurances that he’d get a mulligan for this season, I don’t think he’d go along with an intentional tank job. He’d be defending himself to the media e.g. “I can only coach the players that I’ve been given”. He has instead fallen on the sword and taken all of the heat for what looks to be a 0-16/2-14 final record. 

We need a Smart Posters Club on JN.  Now that the election cycle is over they have openings.  I'm going to ask Max.

SAR I

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

No way you can keep Gase especially if they go 0-16. 

Even with this brutal Maccagnan roster completely injured, Adam Gase coached well enough to beat the Broncos with a broken Darnold and the Patriots with a backup quarterback, and would have if not for Gregg Williams' defense blowing 4th quarter leads.

And with teams like the Chargers, Browns, and Patriots on the schedule, he would have had the same 5-11 record the experts predicted back when they all assumed Darnold was a franchise quarterback, Mosley was coming back, Bell was "thin and agile", and Jamal would dominate.

0-16 isn't on Gase; it's on Maccagnan.

SAR I

There's no tank going on - we aren't that savvy.  We're just seeing a bad roster with lots of injuries with a bad coaching staff and a rookie GM and a cheap owner.

If this was a top-down organizational tank, we would have traded or released anyone that might help us winlike the Dolphags did  - https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/9/15/20861089/miami-dolphins-tanking-2019-draft-picks-cap-space

Gase and the players are trying to win as we saw the last game.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No.  It's actually Darnold, the young HC Killer.

A franchise quarterback would stay healthy, learn from his mistakes, correct issues that have been plaguing him since junior high school, make good reads, move the ball despite injured receivers, and behave like a passionate team leader.

Darnold is a bust.  Maccagnan's roster is a bust.  We have 28 players on one-year deals.  This tank job was agreed to by Christopher Johnson and he gave a mulligan to Douglas and Gase as a result.

SAR I

This post is a bust.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's not about changing anything.  Our season is long over.  The Johnson's could make a statement that they do not accept 7-18 as the work of a competent HC.

Exactly the season is over.  

Making a change would be pointless.  Theres no point to a statement, its a statement that does nothing.  

Sucks but thats the way it is when both your HC and roster suck.  We need a change in talent and to the schemes etc that Gase put in, thats not happening in season.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Rhule wanted complete control.  Johnson understood that would be a prerequisite of any decent head coach wanting to come to his dysfunctional dumpster fire, but he decided not to give that to a coach from a small time college and instead gave it to one from a big time NFL program, with actual NFL head coaching experience, and in his own division.

People need to come to grips with the fact that Adam Gase is not Joe Judge, he's Bill Belichick.  Gase does not report to a Football Man like Dave Gettleman, Gase is the Football Man himself.  

Long term contract.  Back-stabbed his GM and President.  Hand-picked his own replacements.  Defended by his owner at every opportunity.  Teflon when it comes to blame.  The most vocal TV, newspaper, and radio media critics all fired.  All coaches retained year over year.  Respected by his very quiet and controlled locker room.

You can talk about Adam Gase losing his job in 2022.  Until then, shhhh.

SAR I

Either you believe everything you say or you Sir are the greatest reverse Physiologist i have ever witnessed to will this tank along and remove Gase from his Position lol.

5 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Either you believe everything you say or you Sir are the greatest reverse Physiologist i have ever witnessed to will this tank along and remove Gase from his Position lol.

Its the latter 100%

He made bold predictions. Every one of them went south fast. Now he’s in damage control mode and Just keeping himself entertained with this repeated nonsense.

ok its fun..... not harming anyone

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LOL at the people who think the Jets are going to try and push Gase on Trevor Lawrence. 

Gase is only back if the Jets win enough games to miss out on Lawrence or Fields. 

Even then, he's gone. There is no scenario that doesn't involve Gase kidnapping and holding a Johnson hostage where he returns next year. And if that happens, JD is quitting.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, jgb said:

Even then, he's gone. There is no scenario that doesn't involve Gase kidnapping and holding a Johnson hostage where he returns next year.

I tend to agree. 

I don't even think Gase's biggest supporters (supporter?) believe he's actually going to survive this. He's too much of a pariah in the media. He perpetuates the "Jets are a laughingstock and always will be" mentality. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I tend to agree. 

I don't even think Gase's biggest supporters (supporter?) believe he's actually going to survive this. He's too much of a pariah in the media. He perpetuates the "Jets are a laughingstock and always will be" mentality. 

If you think we had trouble recruiting FAs under Macc (we did) good luck if Gase sticks around.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Its the latter 100%

He made bold predictions. Every one of them went south fast. Now he’s in damage control mode and Just keeping himself entertained with this repeated nonsense.

He certainly seems like he is a character for sure i think he is hilarious with his takes as far-fetched as it might seem. Like you said completely harmless and all in jest. 

Regarding the tank, Occam's razor applies here.

Theory One:  The savvy Jets owner and GM and head coach are football savants.  They know for certain that their strong 6-2 finish the prior year was just a mirage and they expertly foresee that their promising QB is going to regress the following year.

So, they hatch a dazzling plan to tear it all down on purpose.  They smartly make decision after decision that turn out bad on purpose and they avoid detection with total secrecy and cunning.  These guys capably pull off this plan because they are expert tacticians.

Theory Two:  The Jets owners, front office and head coaches are incompetent buffoons.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Regarding the tank, Occam's razor applies here.

Theory One:  The savvy Jets owner and GM and head coach are football savants.  They know for certain that their strong 6-2 finish the prior year was just a mirage and they expertly foresee that their promising QB is going to regress the following year.

So, they hatch a dazzling plan to tear it all down on purpose.  They smartly make decision after decision that turn out bad on purpose and they avoid detection with total secrecy and cunning.  These guys capably pull off this plan because they are expert tacticians.

Theory Two:  The Jets owners, front office and head coaches are incompetent buffoons.

Theory two would explain a lot

1 hour ago, ToonforPrez said:

I believe everything I say.  And I know I'm right, too.

SAR I

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

He [SAR1] made bold predictions. Every one of them went south fast. Now he’s in damage control mode and Just keeping himself entertained with this repeated nonsense.

@SAR I

Next time you make a bold prediction about the Jets, take the negative.  You'll have a 99% chance of being right.

11 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

HAHA i appreciate it @Jetsfan80 nothing but love for all my fellow Jet fans. In all honesty though this week is a dumpster fire so far LMFAOO

Meanwhile you now give me a great image of SAR throwing dead animals into the back of his BMW in the hopes of figuring out how they work.  And somehow being world class at it, whatever that research would entail.

• Haha 1

You guys have not twigged onto SAR yet and 'I am disappoint son'

Sar truly believed Gase was a good hire and a good coach.  He then double and tripled down on that thought despite mounting evidence.  He then realized he was horribly horribly  wrong about the whole thing but he is the type that will never admit to being catastrophically wrong.

So what do you do as your next step?  You keep going to even more ridiculous lengths and snicker to yourself telling friends how you knew gase sucked but are having fun trolling jet fans on a web forum.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You guys have not twigged onto SAR yet and 'I am disappoint son'

Sar truly believed Gase was a good hire and a good coach.  He then double and tripled down on that thought despite mounting evidence.  He then realized he was horribly horribly  wrong about the whole thing but he is the type that will never admit to being catastrophically wrong.

So what do you do as your next step?  You keep going to even more ridiculous lengths and snicker to yourself telling friends how you knew gase sucked but are having fun trolling jet fans on a web forum.

At least he is consistent in his buffoonery to get everyone to respond and keep him relevant in regards to Gase the almighty .

• Upvote 1