Jamal Adams suffered from depression while playing for Jets, “they do not want to win”

Rhg1084

On 11/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, y2k8 said:

Seattle Washington is not "the right spot" for anyone suffering from clinical depression. Hard to find a worse location in the continental U.S.

“I was depressed in Seattle because the sun never comes out, also with all the rioting it affected my sleep, that’s why I gave up at least 1 TD in coverage every week, but now that they’ve traded me to City X I’m on my way to the Hall of Fame...”Prez” baby!!!!”..

”Prez” of what?

Huge score by Douglas selling at the very top, just hope he makes something from the picks.

• Upvote 1

The impact of Jamal being traded away has been enormous on the Jets defense. They have truly fallen off a cliff and I think the evidence is clear. Losing Jamal was catastrophic for the Jets defense.

It's also just as much the truth, and quite surprising actually, that Jamal has made the Seahawks defense WORSE than before he arrived? Bottom line is Jamal will most definitely be a huge upgrade for the Seahawks defense, it's just going to take time. The coaches have not determined IMO where to put Jamal so that he makes the defense better. They'll need to potentially change his roles a little bit to have a more effective defense. JAMAL, may have to accept some criticism and potentially be willing to accept a slightly changed roll in the Seahawks defense. Regardless, of all the problems the Seahawks are facing on defense right now, it's all going to be worth it. JAMAL is too good of a talent to simply let this trend continue. He WILL make that defense great.

As for the Jets, their entire fortunes are riding on those picks. If JD picks a bunch a pro bowlers with those picks it will all be worth it. If JD makes picks like all of the GM's for the last 10 or so years, then the Jets will never stop being a joke in NFL circles.

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@bitonti

I agree and can you explain to me why none of these so called JN "Mental Health Evaluation Experts" had an outrage about the word DEPRESSING being thrown out there like it was nothing within this thread title (and entire thread)? Where was the fake outrage and fake backlash, then?

So funny to me to see Jet fans now all of a sudden harping over the words of depressing/depressed but yet they were (all) absolute CRICKETS in their fake Depression criticism... Crazy to me actually. 

And their Jamal Adams ring leader @Jetsfan80 was quiet as a mouse (up until Jamal used the word that is) lololo

Dude quit taking pot shots at some of the people on this board who have MDs and are psychologists. I can personally say that I have practiced medicine for a decade. I am sure @TeddEY has even more experience and it is directly in the field in question. 

Your posts are illogical and you have no reasoning just a bunch of unrelated facts and how amazing Adams is. You are as bad as the people who make excuses for darnold. You keep talking about Adams like he is Ed Reed in his prime. Ed Reed wouldn’t need time to figure out the defense, he would elevate it immediately. 

Also if you notice @jgb and the rest of us were able to add to the discourse of the situation because he doesn’t irrationally support Jamal Adams like you. Your posts are useless. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Dude quit taking pot shots at some of the people on this board who have MDs and are psychologists. I can personally say that I have practiced medicine for a decade. I am sure @TeddEY has even more experience and it is directly in the field in question. 

Your posts are illogical and you have no reasoning just a bunch of unrelated facts and how amazing Adams is. You are as bad as the people who make excuses for darnold. You keep talking about Adams like he is Ed Reed in his prime. Ed Reed wouldn’t need time to figure out the defense, he would elevate it immediately. 

Also if you notice @jgb and the rest of us were able to add to the discourse of the situation because he doesn’t irrationally support Jamal Adams like you. You’re posts are useless. 

Yeah, my position had nothing to do with Jamal specifically -- I think he's a dbag for what that's worth.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The impact of Jamal being traded away has been enormous on the Jets defense. They have truly fallen off a cliff and I think the evidence is clear. Losing Jamal was catastrophic for the Jets defense.

It's also just as much the truth, and quite surprising actually, that Jamal has made the Seahawks defense WORSE than before he arrived? Bottom line is Jamal will most definitely be a huge upgrade for the Seahawks defense, it's just going to take time. The coaches have not determined IMO where to put Jamal so that he makes the defense better. They'll need to potentially change his roles a little bit to have a more effective defense. JAMAL, may have to accept some criticism and potentially be willing to accept a slightly changed roll in the Seahawks defense. Regardless, of all the problems the Seahawks are facing on defense right now, it's all going to be worth it. JAMAL is too good of a talent to simply let this trend continue. He WILL make that defense great.

As for the Jets, their entire fortunes are riding on those picks. If JD picks a bunch a pro bowlers with those picks it will all be worth it. If JD makes picks like all of the GM's for the last 10 or so years, then the Jets will never stop being a joke in NFL circles.

This defense was getting torched this year with or without Adams.

Not enough talent even if Adams was here and Gase’s offense can never stay on the field 

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You intentionally left out the part where he recorded 7 tackles, 1 forced turnover, 2 sacks and another 2 tackles for loss behind the line of scrimmage. 

And it's funny because he's only played 5 games as a Seattle Seahawk. Why do fans forget about his week 1 performance and completely ignore it as if it never happened?

He's only played 5 games (two of them have been of GREAT performance). 

Adams isn’t even average when he has to fall back in coverage.  He’s a liability.  If you watched the Sunday Night Game against the pats Edelman ate up Adams in man to man 

Do not be shocked if the Seahawks say bye bye to Adams after next year.  

21 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Adams was illegally held by an arm bar in that video if you watch closely. 

I for one was very upset with the way Adams conducted himself when he forced himself off the Jets. 

Now he is gone, in Seattle and I don’t wish him ill will physically or mentally at all. 

The best thing the Jets can do is become a quality team and win games. 

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

And what if the Jets just use the $20MM/year he was seeking on someone more valuable outright, and the 3 draft picks are gravy?

12 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

My lived experience tells me Abe is right.

Unless you've walked in the shoes of someone suffering from depression, your "lived experience" means d**k to this discussion, because all the evidence is against your hot take.

Again, educate yourself.  Or utilize another Abraham Lincoln attributed (or Mark Twain or Samuel Johnson, or other) quote:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I suffer from depression.

For many years it manifested itself by me spending way too much time talking about a sh*tty football team on the internet and getting into dumb arguments with silly clowns like @CTM

Then I got help and now I am living my life and not letting the Jets determine my mood every week.

If getting away from the Jets is what Jamal needed to do to be happy, good for him.

I'll take the draft picks and the understanding that no one ever said, "if it wasn't for adding that safety we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl." 

Basically blah blah blah, @CTM ruins everything. Glad your doing better brother! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Of course he thinks the Jets don’t want to win.  They took him over Pat Mahomes.

Taking a ****ing safety over the best QB of all time is what should be ****ing depressing. He has it easy. Try wanting the Jets to win and not getting paid $6MM/year for enduring this supposed hardship for a mere 3 NFL seasons - during which he’s treated like royalty - for half a year of working and half a year of celebrity extreme play. 

Talking about being depressed for being in the peak of health in the prime of his life, two months removed from a SB contender paying 2 years’ worth of 1st round picks for the privilege of paying him $15-20MM/year. What troubles. 

Ryan Shazier should punch this bitch in his stupid face and show him his spinal surgery scars and the upcoming lifetime of wondering what might have been. This ****ing c*nt. 

Well, thank you very much Billy Butcher. 

20 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

So apparently Prez can cure his depression just by moving. That isn't depression, that is being butt hurt. 

psychologists say that moving, changing jobs and merging/breaking up with spouses are the 3 most significant "routine" events in most adult lives 

33 didn't just move he also changed jobs from 0-9 nightmare to 6-3 contender

again I'm not a doctor but that's alot of INSTANT change 

we also don't know if he's started seeking treatment, started taking his pills, pursued legal cannabis or psilocybin in a nearby state that allows it (OREGON, COLORADO) etc 

if we are having a serious talk about depression maybe 33 had an experience that shook him out of his rut 

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/11/04/931377532/rigorous-study-backs-a-psychedelic-treatment-for-major-depression

we don't know what happened but for us to sit here and question Adams diagnosis of depression/recovery feels an awful lot like when fans thought Kelechi Osemele was faking his shoulder injury or whatever

here's a rule of thumb if there's a matter of medical treatment, assume the Jets are wrong and the player who left made a decent point 

the alternative that the 0-9 Jets are right and everyone else is wrong is the company line but these clowns haven't earned that right 

win a game first how about 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

psychologists say that moving, changing jobs and merging/breaking up with spouses are the 3 most significant "routine" events in most adult lives 

we also don't know if he's started seeking treatment, started taking his pills, pursued legal cannabis or psilocybin in a nearby state that allows it (OREGON, COLORADO) etc 

if we are having a serious talk about depression maybe 33 had an experience that shook him out of his rut 

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/11/04/931377532/rigorous-study-backs-a-psychedelic-treatment-for-major-depression

we don't know what happened but for us to sit here and question Adams diagnosis of depression/recovery feels an awful lot like when fans thought Kelechi Osemele was faking his shoulder injury or whatever

here's a rule of thumb if there's a matter of medical treatment, assume the Jets are wrong and the player who left made a decent point 

the alternative that the 0-9 Jets are right and everyone else is wrong is the company line but these clowns haven't earned that right 

Also I'd add that while changing an external factor in your life probably can't "cure" the underlying medical condition, being fulfilled with your life sure can make it easier to manage.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Comparing a shoulder injury to clinical depression is like comparing a leaky faucet to Niagara Falls. 

Look, I know what happens when someone has it and is off their meds. What you are suggesting is actually a very favorable thing if he was. We would have been ecstatic if my brother went off his meds and all he did was sit in a dark room and acted sullen.