Jamal Adams suffered from depression while playing for Jets, “they do not want to win”

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unless you've walked in the shoes of someone suffering from depression, your "lived experience" means d**k to this discussion, because all the evidence is against your hot take.

Again, educate yourself.  Or utilize another Abraham Lincoln attributed (or Mark Twain or Samuel Johnson, or other) quote:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

There are also people who think eating organic and drinking herbal tea can cure cancer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Comparing a shoulder injury to clinical depression is like comparing a leaky faucet to Niagara Falls. 

Look, I know what happens when someone has it and is off their meds. What you are suggesting is actually a very favorable thing if he was. We would have been ecstatic if my brother went off his meds and all he did was sit in a dark room and acted sullen. 

a leaky faucet can be torture

what I want out of this thread is respect for everyone's HIPAA protected conditions

your brother's struggles are valid. 

33's struggles are also valid, as are KO's terrible shoulder 

it's not like there's only enough room for one person to have pain in this world 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

a leaky faucet can be torture

what I want out of this thread is respect for everyone's HIPAA protected conditions

your brother's struggles are valid. 

33's struggles are also valid, as are KO's terrible shoulder 

it's not like there's only enough room for one person to have pain in this world 

One consequence of grievance culture is even suffering is a competition

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unless you've walked in the shoes of someone suffering from depression, your "lived experience" means d**k to this discussion, because all the evidence is against your hot take.

Again, educate yourself.  Or utilize another Abraham Lincoln attributed (or Mark Twain or Samuel Johnson, or other) quote:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

There’s saying - who’s the bigger fool? The fool or the other who argues with the fool. 

19 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Lol - and people think I'm dumb for claiming a certain qb is overrated. Some of the opinions/claims in here are horrendous and reek of pseudo-science

Even though we strongly disagree with each other about Deshaun Watson, your take that he's overrated and not a top 10 guy is infinitely better than someone claiming depression isn't a real thing.

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

This defense was getting torched this year with or without Adams.

Not enough talent even if Adams was here and Gase’s offense can never stay on the field 

How do you know that exactly? Last season, the Jets defense was significantly better WITH Jamal Adams playing on the line of scrimmage. So besides the obvious, enormous loss in Jamal Adams, what else happened. I mean if what you're telling me is true, then there has to be another very significant loss that made the Jets defense go down the toilet the way they have.

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

My lived experience tells me you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I wasn't joking before. I do suffer from clinical depression and anxiety. It isn't a choice. My brain does not produce the correct amounts of dopamine or serotonin. 

Good therapy and proper medication have saved my life, as well as having good friends like EY who was there for me at my darkest moment and helped me finally make the decision to get the help I needed. 

Depression is very real and it isn't something to joke about. 

Your lived experience is totally different from mine so don’t assume you know anything about me. Very different from what I’m talking about. You are talking about clinical depression which is biochemical. Not what I was referring to. Anyways not interested in discussing this since it’s just extremely controversial.  But good for you. And no ones joking here. But think what you want. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

It is absolutely worth watching. Best thing on TV since Breaking Bad.

We’re in the real golden age of TV, so that’s a pretty steep compliment. There are like 50 things that could qualify as the best thing since Breaking Bad. Not even since it began; just since it ended, which is somehow 7 years ago already. Plus it held up year after year. 

I’ll check it out. I will say in advance how bad could it be if someone famously called else the c-word in some pinnacle scene or something. So I can tell Mrs. Sperm she won’t want to watch it with me and thus ruin it with womanish comments about piggish men and our mouths.

If it’s just overrated meh you’ll be hearing from me, in 5000 words or more. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We’re in the real golden age of TV, so that’s a pretty steep compliment. There are like 50 things that could qualify as the best thing since Breaking Bad. Not even since it began; just since it ended, which is somehow 7 years ago already. Plus it held up year after year. 

I’ll check it out. I will say in advance how bad could it be if someone famously called else the c-word in some pinnacle scene or something. So I can tell Mrs. Sperm she won’t want to watch it with me and thus ruin it with womanish comments about piggish men and our mouths.

If it’s just overrated meh you’ll be hearing from me, in 5000 words or more. 

So you'll spare us one of your incredibly boring longreads? Where's the fun in that?

19 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

My lived experience tells me you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I wasn't joking before. I do suffer from clinical depression and anxiety. It isn't a choice. My brain does not produce the correct amounts of dopamine or serotonin. 

Good therapy and proper medication have saved my life, as well as having good friends like EY who was there for me at my darkest moment and helped me finally make the decision to get the help I needed. 

Depression is very real and it isn't something to joke about. 

what if it's a really good joke tho

unnamed (4).jpg

36 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Your lived experience is totally different from mine so don’t assume you know anything about me. Very different from what I’m talking about. You are talking about clinical depression which is biochemical. Not what I was referring to. Anyways not interested in discussing this since it’s just extremely controversial.  But good for you. And no ones joking here. But think what you want. 

So you readily admit clinical, biochemical depression is a thing, after all the nonsense you spewed?  For f**k's sake.   

You do realize that depression caused by other things than genetics/biochemistry display the same kind of brain activity that it does for the kind of depression you agree exists, no?  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you readily admit clinical, biochemical depression is a thing, after all the nonsense you spewed?  For f**k's sake.   

You do realize that depression caused by other things than genetics/biochemistry display the same kind of brain activity that it does for the kind of depression you agree exists, no?  

Whatever dude not interested in discussing this with you or anyone here. It’s depressing. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Where was your little fake depression "outrage" during this thread below that you posted in...

You didn't want to act and pretend to be a mental health evaluator with fake outrage despite the thread title, now did you? 

Nope. You didn't and why not? Because it wasn't Jamal Adams (who you hate) who used the word/term. 

41 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Your lived experience is totally different from mine so don’t assume you know anything about me.

These guys are pretty smart and you give away a whole lot so it seems like a reasonably safe assumption. But since you don't have any interest in the topic of this thread, how do you feel about quarterbacks? Because Jif's already got two huge suckers on the line in that one and I want to see if he can keep three balls in the air at once.

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Where was your little fake depression "outrage" during this thread below that you posted in...

You didn't want to act and pretend to be a mental health evaluator with fake outrage despite the thread title, now did you? 

Nope. You didn't and why not? Because it wasn't Jamal Adams (who you hate) who used the word/term. 

Or perhaps it's simply your continued lack of mental capability to comprehend the difference between "is depressing" and "suffered from depression", despite it having been stated here repeatedly.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Or perhaps it's simply your continued lack of mental capability to comprehend the difference between "is depressing" and "suffered from depression", despite it having been stated here repeatedly.

Na. To say anything is depressing is an insult to those who live with depression. 

That type of terminology isn't allowed, remember? 

Because LIFE is depressing and so is everything else for people who suffer from depression. 

9 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

These guys are pretty smart and you give away a whole lot so it seems like a reasonably safe assumption. But since you don't have any interest in the topic of this thread, how do you feel about quarterbacks? Because Jif's already got two huge suckers on the line in that one and I want to see if he can keep three balls in the air at once.

The thread is about Jamal ‘suffering’ from depression. I take that as a grain of salt from him since he probably didn't mean it from the context of being ‘depressed’ but more so from being frustrated. You have to consider the source of who’s saying what. He’s not exactly an Oxford scholar.  And my viewpoint is from my experience which I will not go into since there’s no way any of you intellectual giants would understand. You’re entitled to think and believe and construe whatever you please. 

Jamal Adams says Adam Gase not the right leader for Jets

"I don't feel like he's the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land," Adams told the New York Daily News in an interview that was published Friday. "As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn't have a relationship with everybody in the building."

"At the end of the day, [Gase] doesn't address the team," Adams told the newspaper. "If there's a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we're playing s----y and we're losing, he doesn't address the entire team as a group at halftime. He'll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it."

Wednesday, he lashed out at Johnson, tweeting, "We need the RIGHT people at the top. Wrong is wrong!"

Hm. Sounds like Adam Gase was very depressing for Jamal (who loved and always complimented/praised Todd Bowles). 

Seems like CJ Mosley feels the same way because he used Covid as an excuse to completely quit on football. 

20 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

The thread is about Jamal ‘suffering’ from depression. I take that as a grain of salt from him since he probably didn't mean it from the context of being ‘depressed’ but more so from being frustrated. You have to consider the source of who’s saying what. He’s not exactly an Oxford scholar.  And my viewpoint is from my experience which I will not go into since there’s no way any of you intellectual giants would understand. You’re entitled to think and believe and construe whatever you please. 

Yes, however shall I interpret this vexing keep saying you don't want to talk about it and keep talking about it routine, the easily triggered inferiority issues, and their implications as pertain to your life experience? ITS A MYSTERY.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Yes, however shall I interpret this vexing keep saying you don't want to talk about it and keep talking about it routine, the easily triggered inferiority issues, and their implications as pertain to your life experience? ITS A MYSTERY.

The mystery is how did you ever pass English in high school.

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Na. To say anything is depressing is an insult to those who live with depression. 

That type of terminology isn't allowed, remember? 

Because LIFE is depressing and so is everything else for people who suffer from depression. 

As someone who lives with depression i can honestly tell you that is stupid.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Try and follow the bouncing ball Wacko. I made a simple comment that I don’t believe in depression. Yea it’s a loaded comment but It was taken out of context by simpletons here. Again, I’m not going to debate my viewpoint. Reading comprehension has everything to do with understanding.