Jamal Adams suffered from depression while playing for Jets, “they do not want to win”

Rhg1084

23 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Try and follow the bouncing ball Wacko. I made a simple comment that I don’t believe in depression. Yea it’s a loaded comment but It was taken out of context by simpletons here. Again, I’m not going to debate my viewpoint. Reading comprehension has everything to do with understanding. 

Add doesn't get and can't make jokes. Add double replies for daddy's attention. I'm ready to solve the puzzle but do go on.

• Haha 1

This thread is going off topic, there are political references in here and let's avoid that so I don't have to lock it.

One thing, depression is more than a state of mind. I am no expert, but to anyone suggestion there are people who should just want to be happy and they can....well that would be great. But it isn't true.

• Post of the Week 3

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This thread is going off topic, there are political references in here and let's avoid that so I don't have to lock it.

One thing, depression is more than a state of mind. I am no expert, but to anyone suggestion there are people who should just want to be happy and they can....well that would be great. But it isn't true.

I agree and I also personally believe that all Jamal Adams topics of conversation should become prohibited (myself included) from being posted on and discussed about within our main Jets forum and should be placed here https://forums.jetnation.com/forum/9-other-sports/ (or create a separate NFL forum)

because let's be honest Jamal Adams is no longer a NY Jet and is completely off topic to anything Jets related (unless it's simply to discuss our second 1st round pick and nothing else).

Just my honest opinion and best advice. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I agree and I also personally believe that all Jamal Adams topics of conversation should become prohibited (myself included) from being posted on and discussed about within our main Jets forum and should be placed here https://forums.jetnation.com/forum/9-other-sports/ (or create a separate NFL forum)

because let's be honest Jamal Adams is no longer a NY Jet and is completely off topic to anything Jets related (unless it's simply to discuss our second 1st round pick and nothing else).

Just my honest opinion and best advice. 

Thanks but no thanks. The Jets get a 1st round pick based on the Jamal trade and this is NFL related. So no reason to censor people as long as it doesn't go off topic.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

My lived experience tells me you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I wasn't joking before. I do suffer from clinical depression and anxiety. It isn't a choice. My brain does not produce the correct amounts of dopamine or serotonin. 

Good therapy and proper medication have saved my life, as well as having good friends like EY who was there for me at my darkest moment and helped me finally make the decision to get the help I needed. 

Depression is very real and it isn't something to joke about. 

Yeah, that’s my bad you guys.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Because Stormfront, from writing to acting to the name, was overly forced?

Down to casting the SJW chick from the Sorkin show. For sure. They had to do something because they have a GoT problem. The comics couldn't really follow the first season cliffhanger either. And they might as well just trot Esposito out, have him give a little hi, I'm prestige TV Troy McClure monologue, and then let him go home because they clearly don't have any intention of using him for anything.

So this thread... Happened

Let's review tnf

Did anyone else see the intentional grounding 33 forced before the safety? Puts them at the 1 yard line. They go up 25-21 with like 6 minutes left and it's good night moon.

This play is an example of how 33 causes winning without having an impact on the boxscore. The attention 33 commands as a pass rusher helps everything. Who cares about his coverage. The dancing the crap talk its how guys get loose. Everyone plays better. Kerry Rhodes was a good player but all pros affect the team.

That team is 7-3 and, with Brees hurt, the seahawks are playing as good as any in the nfc. That pick could be 31.

47 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Let's review tnf

Did anyone else see the intentional grounding 33 forced before the safety? Puts them at the 1 yard line. They go up 25-21 with like 6 minutes left and it's good night moon.

This play is an example of how 33 causes winning without having an impact on the boxscore. The attention 33 commands as a pass rusher helps everything. Who cares about his coverage. The dancing the crap talk its how guys get loose. Everyone plays better. Kerry Rhodes was a good player but all pros affect the team.

That team is 7-3 and, with Brees hurt, the seahawks are playing as good as any in the nfc. That pick could be 31.

Was wondering if it would be you or DWC to bring this up.

I think we're all a little in awe of what Jamal Adams is capable of when the TE forgets the play.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Down to casting the SJW chick from the Sorkin show. For sure. They had to do something because they have a GoT problem. The comics couldn't really follow the first season cliffhanger either. And they might as well just trot Esposito out, have him give a little hi, I'm prestige TV Troy McClure monologue, and then let him go home because they clearly don't have any intention of using him for anything.

No familiarity with the comics, but she was just completely non-compelling.

The other challenge I had was, in season two, there were too many opportunities where Homelander could have just killed Butcher, to be believable that he didn't.

25 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Was wondering if it would be you or DWC to bring this up.

I think we're all a little in awe of what Jamal Adams is capable of when the TE forgets the play.

The greater point is about statistics, and other damned lies

Boxscore hunters see 1 tackle 2 assist and say Jamal Adams is a bust 

he didn't even get a hurry for that intentional grounding because it was a penalty

he harassed Kyler Murray into making a terrible mistake. He stole that ball out of Daniel Jones' hands

the guy somehow has the knack for making the plays that decide the game  and those aren't always in the stat sheet

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he didn't even get a hurry for that intentional grounding because it was a penalty

he harassed Kyler Murray into making a terrible mistake. He stole that ball out of Daniel Jones' hands

the guy somehow has the knack for making the plays that decide the game  and those aren't always in the stat sheet

But but but 5 sacks!!! Can't pick and choose when you want statistics to be relevant to your argument. Cherry picking at its finest

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

No one is calling Jamal Adams a bust, that's just the hyperbolic argument you can actually win.

People who actually watched the game saw a guy who was maybe the 6th or 7th most important player on the defense that night.

And on that play, Murray did make a mistake, but the reason for that mistake is the TE didn't turn around.  The TE forgot the play.

Everyone and their mother took the ball from Daniel Jones last year.  He had like 18 fumbles or something, and had he started every game, was on pace to have the most fumbles all time.  Again, this does not diminish that it was a good play.  It simply makes it not some 15MM+/year unicorn play like you want it to be.

The play you're referring to last night did not decide the game, as Murray had the ball in his hands, and was driving for the tie.  Dunlaps sack of Murray was for more valuable, as was the outside pressure generated on 3rd and 10 which caused Murray to miss what should have been a TD.  But sure, find the play where Jamal was close by when the TE forgot the playcall, and call that game changing if you like.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Your long-established incapability to comprehend statistics to the slightest degree does not change their meaning.

Some arbitrary confirmation-bias fueled conjecture doesn't make real-life facts just go away.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Again, this does not diminish that it was a good play.  It simply makes it not some 15MM+/year unicorn play like you want it to be.

The play you're referring to last night did not decide the game, as Murray had the ball in his hands, and was driving for the tie.  Dunlaps sack of Murray was for more valuable, as was the outside pressure generated on 3rd and 10 which caused Murray to miss what should have been a TD.  But sure, find the play where Jamal was close by when the TE forgot the playcall, and call that game changing if you like.

football is a game of momentum and so are football rosters

every play  (or player) good or bad affects the next

it's not that Adams is a 15 million dollar unicorn per se

but it was clear he's a winner and that can't be allowed to mess up the tank

i understand what's happening that doesn't mean i have to enjoy/support it 

losing becomes a bad habit, these guys aren't just going to snap out of it when Trevor shows up 

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Nonsense. Adams was embarrassingly bad out there yesterday and has only made a couple of good plays all season. For the most part, in addition to missed time, he has been a dud out there and is still a coverage liability  Just ask Seahawks fans how they are feeling about the idiotic deal. They are seething.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Your long-established incapability to comprehend statistics to the slightest degree does not change their meaning.

Some arbitrary confirmation-bias fueled conjecture doesn't make real-life facts just go away.

I understand stats enough to know that football lacks the sample size of lets say baseball. 

bringing up passing yardages and a metrocard get you a ride on the subway 

the only stats in the NFL that definatively matter are wins and losses

the 0-9 Jets pick in the late rd 1 gets later every time the Seahawks 7-3 win 

What's worse, is these two teams have to actually play each other 

that will be a real life encounter Week 14

don't miss it

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I understand stats enough to know that football lacks the sample size of lets say baseball. 

don't miss it

So, if we would have retained Jamal this year, how good would we have been?

2-7, 3-6?

It wasn't worth signing this guy to a large contract at this juncture.

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

So, if we would have retained Jamal this year, how good would we have been?

2-7, 3-6?

It wasn't worth signing this guy to a large contract at this juncture.

O - 9. With or without Adams. He makes no difference here or in Seattle for that matter.

Just now, bitonti said:

don't miss it

Were wins and losses the only stat that mattered for the 2017 and 2018 Jets too?  The "stats" you're trying to use would prove Adams has literally nothing to do with the failure of the Jets, nor the continued success of Seattle that preceded his arrival.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Let's review tnf

Anybody running at the QB commands attention. That why those fat guys in front of the QB got jobs. 

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

football is a game of momentum and so are football rosters

every play  (or player) good or bad affects the next

it's not that Adams is a 15 million dollar unicorn per se

but it was clear he's a winner and that can't be allowed to mess up the tank

i understand what's happening that doesn't mean i have to enjoy/support it 

losing becomes a bad habit, these guys aren't just going to snap out of it when Trevor shows up 

Jamal, until joining an already established winner, with an MVP QB, has literally never been a winner.

As far as "losing brings upon more losing," we finished last season 6-2, how did that help us?

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

O - 9. With or without Adams. He makes no difference here or in Seattle for that matter.

I think this is the most damning thing you can say about Adams.  He does make a few plays a game but besides those, he’s a largely inconsequential player who often is a liability in the secondary.  The only way Adams makes an impact is if he blitzes and even jags get sacks over time if they blitz.  Jordan Jenkins had 8 sacks last year and 7 the year before, but so what, he’s probably a below average athlete.  I’d rather have Q who disrupts more plays than adams and is not a liability in his natural position as adams is at safety.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think this is the most damning thing you can say about Adams.  He does make a few plays a game but besides those, he’s a largely inconsequential player who often is a liability in the secondary.  The only way Adams makes an impact is if he blitzes and even jags get sacks over time if they blitz.  Jordan Jenkins had 8 sacks last year and 7 the year before, but so what, he’s probably a below average athlete.  I’d rather have Q who disrupts more plays than adams and is not a liability in his natural position as adams is at safety.

Except its conjecture and not provable.

For years, people have on this board have used wins and losses of the team as evidence against Jamal.

Now the wins and losses dont help that narrative so people have to make things up. We have no idea what our record would be with Jamal this season.

But we do know with Jamal we had 7 wins last season. So far this season, we have none. 

People are turning themselves into pretzels with all the mental gymnastics to prove themselves right about Jamal because of their own deep seated bias.

Posters here argued Leonard Williams was bad because he didnt get sacks. Jamal is getting lots of sacks and now suddenly those arent important.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Too bad his mouth can't figure into his statistics while we're at it. Look, I don't hate the guy. If the Jets had a pass rusher, he would've been free to roam and do a lot more damage. The reason I rag on him personally is the cancer factor and his delusional over the top individual self-importance. How much of an effort would you be making to point something like this out if the Jets had disastrously overpaid him when he flat out said pay me, I hate it here, this place sucks and they ponied up. C'mon, now. 

35 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This post ironically sums up all your own posts.

You jumping to defense of bit and DWC is the most indisputable evidence that could ever exist that the point you're failing to make is wrong in every way.  That's quickly further proven by the incoherent self-contradictory drivel you followed this up with.

It really takes a special level of talent to try arguing against a complete straw-man, that you then immediately attempt to use as your own failed argument.

• Upvote 1