Rhg1084

Jamal Adams suffered from depression while playing for Jets, “they do not want to win”

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I happen to respect people who tell the truth. Facts > feelings.

Except he isn't telling the truth, and he rarely does.  It's what narcissists do.  He was pounding his chest all season last year.  He wasn't "depressed", if he even knows that depression is.  

Meanwhile, the timing of it, I.E. Seattle backsliding partly due to his horrible play, is interesting.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Except he isn't telling the truth, and he rarely does.  It's what narcissists do.  He was pounding his chest all season last year.  He wasn't "depressed", if he even knows that depression is.  

Do the Jets want to win this year? What about the majority of fans?

People are going after him because they don't like his attitude or his tone or his delivery -- all valid critiques -- problem is they are irrelevant to the underlying veracity of his statements, which should stand or fall on their own.

Just now, jgb said:

Do the Jets want to win this year? What about the majority of fans?

People are going after him because they don't like his attitude or his tone or his delivery -- all valid critiques -- problem is they are irrelevant to the underlying veracity of his statements, which should stand or fall on their own.

I never disputed the part about the Jets not wanting to win.  I dispute the rest of what he said, and the necessity for him to say this, now, 11 weeks into the season, while his team is fighting for a playoff spot.  

The timing of when people choose to say things matters.  

I never disputed the part about the Jets not wanting to win.  I dispute the rest of what he said, and the necessity for him to say this, now, 11 weeks into the season, while his team is fighting for a playoff spot.  

You fool. I won't give that ahole the satisfaction of a click -- I'm only commenting on the thread title!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

Really? Seemed more like bi-polar disorder

They kind of go hand in hand

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

You fool. I won't give that ahole the satisfaction of a click -- I'm only commenting on the thread title!

I'm talking about the thread title too.  He was lying when he said he suffered from depression with the Jets.  And it's an awful claim to make for someone who doesn't suffer from clinical depression.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, including Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm talking about the thread title too.  He was lying when he said he suffered from depression with the Jets.  And it's an awful claim to make for someone who doesn't suffer from clinical depression.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, including Jamal Adams.

Seems hyperbolic but that's a pretty serious charge. I won't listen so don't know the context but "I was depressed" also has a generally-accepted colloquial meaning. Not like he said the Jets made him retarded or something.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Seems hyperbolic but that's a pretty odious charge

No, its not.  He was not clinically depressed as a member of the 2019 Jets.  100 % false statement from Adams.  He was clearly using the term to suggest he was "sad" or "frustrated", which isn't what depression is.  

He's a liar and/or incredibly stupid.  Since he's a known narcissist, I'll go with the former, with a touch of the latter.

• Upvote 1

No, its not.  He was not clinically depressed as a member of the 2019 Jets.  100 % false statement from Adams.  He was clearly using the term to suggest he was "sad" or "frustrated", which isn't what depression is.  

He's a liar and/or incredibly stupid.  Since he's a known narcissist, I'll go with the former, with a touch of the latter.

Caught me editing, see above. I think you are holding him to a laughable level of literality to advance your agenda. Unless you're so woke you never called a sad movie "depressing" or said that "Jeeze this team is depressing" about the Jets.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can we all just agree that Jamal Adams has a mental disorder of some kind? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Seems hyperbolic but that's a pretty serious charge. I won't listen so don't know the context but "I was depressed" also has a generally-accepted colloquial meaning. Not like he said the Jets made him retarded or something.

Jamal's communication in the video trends towards a diagnosis and not a colloquial understanding of depression.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Given Jamal’s interpretation of “depression,” imagine how “depressed” John Schneider and Pete Carroll are right now.

You're assuming they couldn't find an above average box safety towards the end of the 1st round next year. They also get to pay Adams big time money which we all know makes players play harder (see Mo Wilk). 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Caught me editing, see above. I think you are holding him to a laughable level of literality to advance your agenda. Unless you're so woke you never called a sad movie "depressing" or said that "Jeeze this team is depressing" about the Jets.

Unlike Jamal Adams, I don't claim to a member of the media that I was "depressed" at any time in my life, because I haven't been.  It's extremely inappropriate.

And yes, while sometimes I use that term as a joke here, I try not to.  My sister suffered from actual clinical depression so I'm a bit sensitive to it.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're the liar. 

What. You know more about Jamal than his own mom and dad do?!?

I see a difference in him. My wife sees a difference in him,” George Adams said. “It’s like his first time going off to college. He’s so happy. We see that gleam in his eye again. He loves it there, man. I’m telling you, he loves it.”

All this had to do with was Jamal looking to get everyone’s mind off of the trending video of him practicing bull fighting against the Rams this weekend.

He needed a new headline and trending topic related to him that wasn’t highlighting what a flawed player, over hyped, fake tough guy he actually is....or the fact that the Seahawks defense has been better without him on the field all year and Seattle just gave up a boatload for someone they’re probably not even going to re-sign next year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal may very well have an array of mental health challenges and I’ll applaud him if he wants to use his platform to bring awareness to those issues in a responsible way, but what he’s describing in these quotes—and what the unqualified fanboy McFadden chose to frame it as—isn’t clinical depression, it’s being a aoft-boy cûnt. 

Thanks Dr. YouTube for your remote diagnosis 

btw Adams has had like 4 sacks in the last 2 weeks 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

btw Adams has had like 4 sacks in the last 2 weeks 

The Seattle defense has yielded an average of 400 yards and 34 points in those two games 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

oh wow

Did you also know he's allowed 17 completions on 22 targets, for 13.2 yards per target and a 118.6 opposing QB rating?

Did you also know he only has 1 Pass Deflection, 0 INTs, and just 6 TFLs?  Marcus Maye has 4 PDs, 1 INT and 3 TFLs, for comparison.  Totally worth two 1sts and a 3rd!

Were you also aware he's been sent on 51 blitzes to get those 5.5 sacks?  And that when he doesn't get to the QB, he leaves behind gaping holes in the defense that other teams exploit?

Did you also know the team is worse with him in the lineup  (3-2) than without him (3-1)?

Were you aware that the Seahawks have a historically bad pass defense, on pace to be the worst in NFL history?

omg @bitonti take the rest of the day off matt

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal may very well have an array of mental health challenges and I’ll applaud him if he wants to use his platform to bring awareness to those issues in a responsible way, but what he’s describing in these quotes—and what the unqualified fanboy McFadden chose to frame it as—isn’t clinical depression, it’s being a aoft-boy cûnt. 

Jamal has a platform?  I thought it was a plank he was walking.  

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

omg @bitonti take the rest of the day off matt

But wait, there's more!

Did you know that only 2 players in the league have given up more yards per target this season than Jamal Adams?

1) Erik Harris (30-year old FS for the Raiders):  14.9

2) Julian Love (22-year old FS and converted corner for the Giants):  13.3

3) Jamal Adams (most overrated player in the NFL):  13.2

• Upvote 2

But wait, there's more!

Did you know that only 2 players in the league have given up more yards per target this season than Jamal Adams:

1) Erik Harris (30-year old FS for the Raiders):  14.9

2) Julian Love (22-year old FS and converted corner for the Giants):  13.3

3) Jamal Adams (most overrated player in the NFL):  13.2

Wow that seems bad

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow that seems bad

But wait, there's still more!

Ryan Neal (2018 UDFA and Jamal's backup) vs Jamal Adams, a comparison:

Neal

• 2 INTs
  • 4 Pass Deflections
  • 0.0 Sacks
  • 3 TFLs
  • 10.4 Yards per Target
  • 73.7 QB Rating when targeted
  • 3 QB Hurries and 3 QB Knockdowns on 15 blitzes

Adams

• 0 INTs
  • 1 Pass Deflection
  • 5.5 Sacks
  • 6 TFLs
  • 13.2 Yards per Target
  • 118.6 QB Rating when targeted
  • 4 QB Hurries and 3 QB Knockdowns on 51 blitzes
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’ll second this, he isn’t playing football while going through clinical depression.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're the liar. 

I see a difference in him. My wife sees a difference in him,” George Adams said. “It’s like his first time going off to college. He’s so happy. We see that gleam in his eye again. He loves it there, man. I’m telling you, he loves it.”

Who gives a crap. 

• Upvote 1

Jamal-Adams.jpg

Keeping up with what Jamal Adams wanted this offseason is proving to be as difficult for fans as it is for Adams to keep up with opposing wide receivers in 2020.

It was just a couple of months ago that Adams was quoted by Sports Illustrated as saying he was frustrated in New York, but that he wanted to stay with Gang Green.

“I really tried to stay, you know what I mean? Like I just wanted the respect. I wanted you guys to respect me in the sense in, c’mon bro, like I’m trying to build something here.”

Now after moving on to Seattle, where the Seahawks secondary is on pace to give up more yards through the air than any team in NFL history, Adams has decided to change things up this week, saying “I had to make a move.  I had to get out of there”.  This, along with the claim that he was so depressed in New York that he sometimes turned his phone off after a loss.

Adams also claimed that his father contacted his agent to suggest a change of scenery after seeing Adams sitting in a room with the lights off.

It’s a suspiciously short time frame to go form “I really tried to stay” to “I knew I had to leave”.  Adams was undoubtedly frustrated by losing in New York, but to change the story to invoke depression?  It seems like more of an effort to take attention away from his poor play while garnering sympathy from those unaware of his previous claims of trying to stay with the Jets.

It’s possible there are some issues at play with Adams, but those are far more likely to be along the lines of narcissism for the man who gave himself the nickname “The President”.

The post Former Jet Jamal Adams Changes Story on Departure, Cites “Depression” in Interview appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
def4ZzcxksU

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're the liar. 

That is not evidence you fool.  The opposite of depression is not happiness, and depression is not a synonym for being sad.  Depression is a synonym for hopelessness. 

Being sad as a Jet and happier as a Seahawk is not evidence of him suffering from depression, nor evidence that his depression is "cured".

• Haha 1

I’m sure he’ll be depressed again once he finds out the Seahawks won’t wanna pay him a big contract he thinks he’s worth. 

Such a fn baby. Oh no, we’re losing, let me go be alone and then try to abandon my team. 

• Upvote 2

The fact that CBS ran this piece is offensive and disgusting to the patients I see suffering from true clinical depression. True clinical depression doesn’t resolve with a single trade or positive event. In fact this myth is harmful to those who are struggling with this condition because people think it’s a snap of the fingers to fix it. I already thought Adams was an overrated player with a big mouth. Now I actually think he’s a piece of sh*t. Congrats prez you managed to lower the bar further. 

• Upvote 4