Jamal Adams suffered from depression while playing for Jets, “they do not want to win”

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

look at the last 4 first round picks for seattle 

there's few cant miss players at 28, even in a regular year 

jets fans don't remember this because we've sucked for 10 years but the picks at 1.31 are not the same at 1.6

Teams missing on picks does not make those picks less valuable.  It just means you have to do better at drafting.

Having lots of high picks and drafting well is the only way for teams to become contenders.  Until that changes, they are valuable assets.  Thus, we won this trade with Seattle, and its not close.  Even if he was playing at the level he was in NY right now, we'd have still won that trade.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

i guess it all depends on one's definition of success

if memory serves those two played in the Revis era secondary 

if we are making false comparisons, Adams is more like the Revis than the Leonard 

Except, Revis's pass coverage stats were ungodly, as, I suppose, are Adams, except in the other direction.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i guess it all depends on one's definition of success

if memory serves those two played in the Revis era secondary 

if we are making false comparisons, Adams is more like the Revis than the Leonard 

So a lockdown CB being much more valuable a position than S somehow makes Adams, who has made his secondary worse, worth more than two 1sts and a 3rd in your eyes?

OK then.

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So a lockdown CB being much more valuable a position than S somehow makes Adams, who has made his secondary worse, worth more than two 1sts and a 3rd in your eyes?

OK then.

multiple all pros make the difference, regardless of position 

and you still refuse to address the value difference in these picks 80

i've probably brought it up a dozen times 

it's a compromised season buddy can't live in ostrich land 

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

jets fans don't remember this because we've sucked for 10 years but the picks at 1.31 are not the same at 1.6

Certainly true, but in this time of uncertainty, isn't it possible that 1/31 is worth more than 585 points more than #191? 

45 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe they are worth more.  The can't miss guys are still can't miss.  It's the lower tier guys that we will know nothing about.  

This. 

I was privy to a discussion that siggested the higher picks this season are actually worth quite a bit more than usual.  I tend to agree. 

• Upvote 1

It's been a whopping 5 games for Jamal Adams but yet these lunatics rather look @ Seattle's Defense instead of focus on our own Jets defense and realize how bad our Defense has truly been since #33's departure. 

At the end of the day Jamal's on field JET greatness resulted in a Khalil Mack type of haul so if we're to draft a player such as Kyle Pitts/Rondale Moore/Terrace Marshall Jr with our Seattle pick? lol

I'll forever mush those players in the faces of Jamal pundits like no tomorrow; because without Jamal's greatness as a Jet? We get nothingness in return and Jerry Jones doesn't beg for him and Seattle's front office doesn't give us two 1st's and a 3rd (to begin with). 

Thank you Jamal Adams (because of your play I have two 1st round picks + a 3rd to be excited about). 

So JD gets 5-6 years?

But Jamal Adams gets a whopping 5 games? lol. 

Laughable. 

4 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Really? Seemed more like bi-polar disorder

Yup.

4 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Maybe a touch of Malignant Narcissism as well

Yup yup.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is gross. Moving from one city to another doesn’t “cure” depression, as Jamal asserts in this clip. To try and play his comments off as admitting to a mental health crisis (instead of as whining) is disgusting and does a huge disservice to those who actually struggle with depression. 

**** yes.

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

You know, the funny thing though... There's always posts here from people being like, "Jamal is gone, he can't hurt you anymore, stop talking about him."

Well, that's a ******* sword that cuts both ways.

This is purely more image management by Adams.  He's trying to sell the narrative that things were so bad with the Jets and for him here, that he just had to get out, rather than the narrative that he couldn't handle adversity or playing for a bad team, so he whined and complained like a child until he got his way.  Add that to the fact that if he keeps whining about the Jets, maybe no one will ask him why his defense is so incredibly bad, or why he can't cover anyone.

Oh my god so right... and only gross npd would motivate him to STILL be trying to reshape the reality as the fault of everyone else.

• Upvote 1

.@Jetsfan80

You better never let me catch you talking about a potential pass rusher for the Jets... Ever again. 

Because I'll simply apply that Jamal Adams treatment to that player and ask you exactly how many times was he sent on a blitz and FAILED to make a sack?!?!?

lol 

Godforsaken a Jets player had 5 1/2 sacks after only 5 games (while learning a new defense) you'd be sucking him off. 

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Apparently there is no guarantees at 6 either.

And there have been plenty of very close to cant miss players that went at or shortly after 28.  This year alone; Patrick Queen, Clyde Edwards Hilaire, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, DeAndre Swift were all available.   Last year too; Jawaan Taylor, Byron Murphy, Rock Sin, Deebo...all could have been had at 28.  Year before, Lamar Jackson, Nick Chubb, Terrell Edmonds, Darius Leonard, Harold Landry.

Pretty much better than everyone we took those years.

I wanted this guy in a Jets uniform and I was ok making him the highest paid A but all this guy ever crowed about when it came to the Jets was a new deal. He fought depression? Give me a break. Nobody in the NFL likes to lose. If sitting in a dark room is how he dealt with it, that is better than a lot of other players who get violent, abuse drugs, or just don't care. I doubt he even knows what clinical depression is. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

.@Jetsfan80

You better never let me catch you talking about a potential pass rusher for the Jets... Ever again. 

Because I'll simply apply that Jamal Adams treatment to that player and ask you exactly how many times was he sent on a blitz and FAILED to make a sack?!?!?

lol 

Godforsaken a Jets player had 5 1/2 sacks after only 5 games (while learning a new defense) you'd be sucking him off. 

creepy baby GIF

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is gross. Moving from one city to another doesn’t “cure” depression, as Jamal asserts in this clip. To try and play his comments off as admitting to a mental health crisis (instead of as whining) is disgusting and does a huge disservice to those who actually struggle with depression. 

In and of itself maybe not but moving across the country to a new city and new job will undoubtedly lead to certain lifestyle changes which can lead to more lifestyle changes that cumulatively offer respite from depression via moving you further down the depression spectrum on which we all reside.

Ultimately it can be the spark which ignited change and is easily traceable.

I'm offended that you are questioning/critisizing his lived experiance

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're the liar. 

What. You know more about Jamal than his own mom and dad do?!?

I see a difference in him. My wife sees a difference in him,” George Adams said. “It’s like his first time going off to college. He’s so happy. We see that gleam in his eye again. He loves it there, man. I’m telling you, he loves it.”

So, he wasn't happy at his job (90%+- of the population feels the same way).... Wow, get him some meds and a therapy dog.... How does he get through life (particularly as a millionaire)? As someone diagnosed with clinical depression a long time ago I can tell you I have days at work when I'm not thrilled either, and I can tell you that a lack of job satisfaction isn't the same as suffering from depression. That his demeanor changed on a dime when he was traded kind of speaks to the seriousness or lack there of. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

One of my first thoughts. 

And I think he's confusing being "so depressed he had to turn his phone off" for real depression.  I debilitating condition I have bee treating for 15 years.

I think the words he was looking for were. 

"I was such a pouty crybaby that I had to turn my phone off so people could't bust my balls"   That's called more of a temper tantrum than it is depression. 

Jamal is digging deep into the excuse coffer these days. I think the whole league will be tired of his act in a couple of years. 

I've been working on a few different psych wards over the past year and a half and the thought of somebody claiming they're depressed because they shut their phone off and pouted is ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

JA is doing okay here in Seattle.  No one is questioning the trade as yet.  His sacks are seen as great positives, his coverage issues are not yet commented upon.  That will change, but it hasn't come up yet.

Some of the existing Hawk players are being singled out but not the newbies.

As for depression, it's just more idiot talk from Jamal.  80% of the Jets roster and staff have to be "depressed".  The others are delusional.

But Seattle eventually will notice that JA isn't living up to the hype.  Then he will get "depressed" again.  And deservedly so.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Jamal hasn't won anything in his life.  He's a ******* weirdo loser.  

Can we avoid the LSU guys from now on?  

Should we only draft kids from Catholic And Christian schools? How about church choir boys? 

Thnx God Cincinnati Bengals didn't feel like you do lol

• Upvote 1

Mental health is highly personal. Often extreme braggadocio and outward confidence are defense mechanisms carefully crafted to disguise one's struggles from the world. You cannot diagnose someone as having or not having depression based on their tweets or media interviews. "But he seems fine to me" is not a diagnosis.

• Post of the Week 1

I hope Hopkins puts 200 on his head Thursday. He probably won’t though because the Seahawks are going to stop putting him in cover situations. 

Adams is officially losing his marbles. He’s filled with drama. 

I love saying everything and not worrying about it because he’s not our problem! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Exactly what @TeddEY said. Gase has frustrated me as a fan sure, but I don't have depression because of it. And an athlete making millions to play a game should not be complaining of depression because an organization sucks. I you hate it that much you privately and respectfully sit down with the owners and GM and ask for a trade.

From a homeless person's perspective, a plumber can't be depressed because he has a roof over his head. And from his perspective, an office worker can't be depressed because he doesn't have to break his back at the office every day. And then the office vice president can't be depressed because he drives a Porsche and so on and so on. Depression is not a contest of who has the most grievances about life.

FYI Robin Williams' estate was worth between $50M and $100M when he killed himself.

• Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair, he’s definitely got Something. I mean for Gods sake he’s been gone over 6 months and can’t stop. 

to make a comparison to a player much better, what did Terrell Owens have?

Pro tip: anyone now so offended or upset that Jamal is making light of depression by throwing around the word so cavalierly, should scrub their post histories of all the times they have used the term to describe such frivolous occurrences as the Jets losing a game, the Pats winning a super bowl, in the Jets failing to develop their players are draft the guy you wanted, and many other even less worthy examples.

After about 3 minutes of searching for the word in the posts of the most vocal in this thread, I had seen enough.

• Post of the Week 1