PSLs - I Figured Out A Way To Pay For Them - LAWSUIT

djaparz

ok now i know that there had to be easier ways to make money and now I have found it... Lawsuits

A woman from Oklahoma City purchased a brand new 32foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make herself a sandwhich. Not surprisingly the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned. She sued Winnebago for not advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn;t actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000.00 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit,just in case there were any other complete morons around.

The jury awarded her $1,750,000.00 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit,just in case there were any other complete morons around.

:shock:

You would think it would already have been in the manual..... per "Do not attempt" in every car commercial or "caution, hot liquid" on McDonald's coffee cup. :roll:

19 year old man won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. The man didn;t notice that there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hub caps.

A West Virginia convenience store worker was awarded a whopping $2,699,000 in punitive damages after she injured her back opening a pickle jar, this according to a report in the Charleston Daily Mail.

The 'injured' worker also received $130,066 in compensation and $170,000 for emotional distress.

A State Supreme Court Justice, Spike Maynard, called this award an "outrageous sum." In his dissenting opinion, he wrote, "I know an excessive punitive damages award when I see one, and I see one here."

The court, however, upheld most of the punitive damages. Net result: $2.2 million.

A West Virginia convenience store worker was awarded a whopping $2,699,000 in punitive damages after she injured her back opening a pickle jar, this according to a report in the Charleston Daily Mail.

The 'injured' worker also received $130,066 in compensation and $170,000 for emotional distress.

A State Supreme Court Justice, Spike Maynard, called this award an "outrageous sum." In his dissenting opinion, he wrote, "I know an excessive punitive damages award when I see one, and I see one here."

The court, however, upheld most of the punitive damages. Net result: $2.2 million.

A pickle jar??? :shock: Oh my!

:shock:

You would think it would already have been in the manual..... per "Do not attempt" in every car commercial or "caution, hot liquid" on McDonald's coffee cup. :roll:

There's hot liquid in a coffee cup??!!

No way, c'mon.

You're jus messin' wid me, right?

Seriously?

Archived