Sam Darnold Ruled out Again; How Jets can Ruin the Tank

JetNation

Trevor Lawrence

On this week’s episode of JetNation Radio, Glenn and Alex discuss Sam Darnold’s health, Joe Flacco getting another start and just how things could go wrong for the tank in the coming weeks.  They’ll also cover the release of Pierre Desir, Brian Poole being placed on IR and the health of Mekhi Becton.  They’ll also cover the suddenly struggling Seattle Seahawks and what it means for the Jets on draft day along with Jamal Adams trying to shift focus to the Jets while he struggles in Seattle.

There’s also the addition of former Vikings third-round pick Pat Elflein who was claimed earlier this week

3:05 Sam Darnold

9:45 Trevor Lawrence

52:49 Pierre Desir

Our Podcast can now be found on Spotify and Amazon Music. Also, be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play. Here is some more information on how you can find us online.

The post Sam Darnold Ruled out Again; How Jets can Ruin the Tank appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
DGuD0x_-H1E

Click here to read the full story...

As much as I've dogged out Sam Darnold and mocked his dead last and 32nd rated QB Rating?

He without question gives us a better chance to win on Sundays in comparison to a 35 year old Joe Flacco. 

You give Sam Darnold a healthy Becton @ LT and all of Mims/Perrimam/Crowder @ WR and a younger La’Mical Perine now our starting RB?

And Sam Darnold could actually flash signs of why we drafted him 3rd overall. 

Nope. I much rather have a 35 year old non athletic statue in Joe Flacco who's 6-13 dating back to 2018 (.300%) in order to secure the #1 overall pick and Trevor Lawrence (I hope to see Sam placed on the IR here shortly). 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As much as I've dogged out Sam Darnold and mocked his dead last and 32nd rated QB Rating?

He without question gives us a better chance to win on Sundays in comparison to a 35 year old Joe Flacco. 

You give Sam Darnold a healthy Becton @ LT and all of Mims/Perrimam/Crowder @ WR and a younger La’Mical Perine now our starting RB?

And Sam Darnold could actually flash signs of why we drafted him 3rd overall. 

Nope. I much rather have a 35 year old non athletic statue in Joe Flacco who's 6-13 dating back to 2018 (.300%) in order to secure the #1 overall pick and Trevor Lawrence (I hope to see Sam placed on the IR here shortly). 

Flacco is better than Sam right now. Sam is an absolute mess. 

• Upvote 2

Flacco is always a threat to have a good game, he has had success in the league and he’s starting to find his feet after spinal fusion surgery. He easily could pull out a win for us. Darnold on the other hand is an unmitigated mess out there. His decision making and defense recognition is atrocious, his mechanics are atrocious, his awareness is atrocious. Darnold is not winning a game for us.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Flacco is better than Sam right now. Sam is an absolute mess. 

Unfortunately this is true. Flacco opens up the field by having a decent long ball. Sam has struggled all year - even in the short training camp he struggled. Jets stand a chance of winning a few games with Flacco dare I say.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think the jets are winning from here on out.  The chargers game is away and Herbert has something to prove even if their w-l record isn’t so great.  After that the teams they play are all vying for the playoffs so they’re not just going to show up.

obviously the jets can surprise and the ball bounces their way in a game or two.

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I don’t think the jets are winning from here on out.  The chargers game is away and Herbert has something to prove even if their w-l record isn’t so great.  After that the teams they play are all vying for the playoffs so they’re not just going to show up.

obviously the jets can surprise and the ball bounces their way in a game or two.

If we beat the Chargers, we'll win at least 1 other game. I see the Chargers and Seahawks as the two least winnable games left on our schedule actually. FYI I think it's going to be an unholy beatdown.