Gase: Want to play Perine more but Gore just too damn good.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

It's actually impossible. There will be a fullscale attack on Fpark first. Lives will be lost. Next the Hudson will turn red. Then the skyscrapers.. 

ehh...the most you can expect is a someone getting a plane to fly a banner around.

cuz Jets.

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Flacco & Gore are in on the tank.  They both get to add some yards and TDs to the “all-time” lists in exchange for keeping the secret. 

They’re kinda like the older kids who still get presents from “Santa” in exchange for not ruining it for the younger kids. 

are the other 12-15 guys Joe signed in on it too?

he brought in the worst of the worst -it is a list of some of the worst players to ever put on the uni

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Names please 

I will throw some out there for u

flacco-he is trash and washed up

gore-washed up-386 yards and his 3.6 avg sure looks great

perriman-a  terrible deal  especially when the robby factor is considered 

Fant-he sucks

mgovern-he sucks

Desir he sucks

chris hogan-he sucks

onwasur-most would say who?

josh andrews

Poole he sucks

I can keep going we can even include home grown trash he extended like griffin and his 7 catches he has on the season

how many more u want?

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

This place is going to be apoplectic when they announce he's coming back next season

He’s not complaining about how the GM traded everybody away and he has nothing to work with is he?

Kinda like a guy who is in on the tank 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s kind of sad when you consider gore is the best rb but this speaks mainly to the poor drafting done over the past few years. Where’s Trenton cannon? Where’s Elijah McGuire?  I don’t know if the jets have drafted a decent rb since Powell.  Perine is still a rookie and is learning the game.  He should be used but mainly as a runner since he still lacks pass blocking skills.  Maybe they need to use a two back set.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, JiF said:

I almost think Adam Gase just says and does really stupid sh*t to get people fired up and mad at him.  Like he enjoys being hated and being considered a total ******* moron. 

It's almost like he has the confidence of complete impunity because he knows he is coming back next season.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

19 hours ago, TMAC said:

CJ and Woody are not deaf and blind.  They see the record.  If they watch the games, they see how terrible this team is.  If they read any newspaper or news on line, they see what a joke their franchise has become.  To bring back Adam Gase would be such a slap in the face of their fan base.  I don't think the guys who buckled under pressure and fired Idzik would do that.  They need something to excite their fan base, particularly since the Giants are showing signs of improvement.  If they bring back Gase to destroy another young QB or continue the destruction of Sam Darnold, Jet fans will have to make a decision.  There are 31 other teams.  There is the RedZone.  

We have been begging the Jets to rebuild "the right way" for a decade now.  This is what it looks like.  It looks like an owner, GM, and HC all on the same page with a 4 year plan and some patience.

Year 1 is the hardest.  It's when you rip off the Bandaid and have very little new resources to plug holes.  It's ugly.  The Jets cut way deeper than they otherwise would have because season ticket holders haven't spent a dime due to the pandemic and by all logic it looks like we aren't going to be asked to spend any money next season either.  It's a unique window where we can get bad quick and get good quick without fans being asked to pay for the privalege.

You want to be an organization like the Steelers, Chiefs, or Ravens?  You want to have a roster of young, homegrown impact players?  You want to stop the reliance on a never ending stream of old free agents and lazy cash-outs?  You want to end the dysfunction?  This is how you do it.  This is what you wanted.  Stop complaining about it.  

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We have been begging the Jets to rebuild "the right way" for a decade now.  This is what it looks like.  It looks like an owner, GM, and HC all on the same page with a 4 year plan and some patience.

Year 1 is the hardest.  It's when you rip off the Bandaid and have very little new resources to plug holes.  It's ugly.  The Jets cut way deeper than they otherwise would have because season ticket holders haven't spent a dime due to the pandemic and by all logic it looks like we aren't going to be asked to spend any money next season either.  It's a unique window where we can get bad quick and get good quick without fans being asked to pay for the privalege.

You want to be an organization like the Steelers, Chiefs, or Ravens?  You want to have a roster of young, homegrown impact players?  You want to stop the reliance on a never ending stream of old free agents and lazy cash-outs?  You want to end the dysfunction?  This is how you do it.  This is what you wanted.  Stop complaining about it.  

SAR I

SORE I, do you refer to yourself in third person when you’re talking to yourself in the mirror?

1AA3C652-1491-46C2-8FC2-B2B04FBFE846.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

If true, it just can't be as HC. They are 1-15 at the halfway point of the season the past two years.

The record is not indicative of the coaching staff.  The record is indicative of John Idzik, Mike Maccagnan, and devastating injuries, absolutely nothing to do with Adam Gase. 

Adam is a victim in all of this, he's feeling it worse than any of us are as fans.  His NFL peers told him not to take this godforsaken job and yet here he is, busting his ass, acting professional, handling the vicious media, keeping the lockerroom together, having the boys play hard each week.  

Gase is Johnson's right-hand-man.  He's leading this rebuild.  He's the Football Man of Florham Park.  We're lucky to have him.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

nothing bothers me more than when the jets preach patience. I have been going to games since the early 70s-over 300 in person home and away-during that time how many home playoff games do you think I got to see?

your year one approach-a rebuild starts the day you take  on the job-each year you should improve-year one the jets got worse and had resources to plug holes . The  jets drafted one player who appears to be very good-perine sucks-he is not a NFL starting back-Mims-book is still open-after that trash-so two player at best in the draft wasting a fourth rounder on a guy that will never play-folks defend that pick insanely when it is just like the hackenberg pick but a 4 instead of a two

JD brought in lots and lots of trash as free agents year one-over and over guys that suck-while the same time allowing young talent to leave

the free agents JD brought in have been awful simply awful. HIs draft two players at best. At that rate we will need 100 years of patience. We have draft capital and money but I think JD is not the guy sadly but another mac or izadick

You want to end the disfunction you do what any owner or ceo does -you find the best proven talent in your industry and you offer whatever salary is necessary to convince them to come-everybody had a price....  the problem which patience wont solve sadly starts at the top and runs down to the bottom.

once again this is what trash our gm brought in to help rebuild-we wasted a year already

flacco-he is trash and washed up

gore-washed up-386 yards and his 3.6 avg sure looks great

perriman-a  terrible deal  especially when the robby factor is considered 

Fant-he sucks

mgovern-he sucks

Desir he sucks

chris hogan-he sucks

onwasur-most would say who?

josh andrews

Poole he sucks

van roten-he is rotten to the core

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

nothing bothers me more than when the jets preach patience. I have been going to games since the early 70s-over 300 in person home and away-during that time how many home playoff games do you think I got to see?

your year one approach-a rebuild starts the day you take  on the job-each year you should improve-year one the jets got worse and had resources to plug holes . The  jets drafted one player who appears to be very good-perine sucks-he is not a NFL starting back-Mims-book is still open-after that trash-so two player at best in the draft wasting a fourth rounder on a guy that will never play-folks defend that pick insanely when it is just like the hackenberg pick but a 4 instead of a two

JD brought in lots and lots of trash as free agents year one-over and over guys that suck-while the same time allowing young talent to leave

the free agents JD brought in have been awful simply awful. HIs draft two players at best. At that rate we will need 100 years of patience. We have draft capital and money but I think JD is not the guy sadly but another mac or izadick

You want to end the disfunction you do what any owner or ceo does -you find the best proven talent in your industry and you offer whatever salary is necessary to convince them to come-everybody had a price....  the problem which patience wont solve sadly starts at the top and runs down to the bottom.

Joe Douglas has a 6 year contract.  He's had 1 draft and 1 free agency period.  He's young.  He's going to get the time needed to build this thing.  And he and Gase are in this together, Johnson and Elhai too.

Having a GM and HC in sync and in place to lead an organization without fearing termination is an essential part of the rebuilding process.  If draftees or free agents feel the guy they are signing with may not be there the next year it impacts their decision.  We need to show stability and a commitment to a rebuild.  Something we haven't done with this endless revolving door of head coaches (6) and GM's (4) since Parcells left town.  You hope we've got it right with Douglas and Gase.  You give them 3 years minimum to turn the corner.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas has a 6 year contract.  He's had 1 draft and 1 free agency period.  He's young.  He's going to get the time needed to build this thing.  And he and Gase are in this together, Johnson and Elhai too.

Having a GM and HC in sync and in place to lead an organization without fearing termination is an essential part of the rebuilding process.  If draftees or free agents feel the guy they are signing with may not be there the next year it impacts their decision.  We need to show stability and a commitment to a rebuild.  Something we haven't done with this endless revolving door of head coaches (6) and GM's (4) since Parcells left town.  You hope we've got it right with Douglas and Gase.  You give them 3 years minimum to turn the corner.

SAR I

I would argue they both have been poor especially his free agents-worst crop I have ever seen 

we are going to make the same mistake again-we love to rebuild by hiring a coach and gm at different times... We barely ever go with a proven commodity-the one time we did with  parcells we went from 1-15 to a playoff team right away-parcells gave me hope-was he perfect for the jets nope but he was a vinny injury away from maybe doing some great things

NO WAY I give GASE three years-he is NOT  A PROVEN WINNER that has shown he can succeed -he is   failing here like he failed in Miami, Time does not make something terrible good. If you hired a person to work for you and his record was the worst it could possibly be and he already was fired for being bad you dont keep him around. It would be different if Gase took the dolphins to the promise land and then moved on but he didnt.

I dont care about the length of contacts given and everybody knows you dont perform you are gone even if your contract is 10 years.

We will fire Gase bring in a new coach next year-our roster will probably suck(I dont believe in JOE) Joe will be gone by year 3 end and we will hire a new GM but not let him pick his coach-that is the jet way

19 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Gore had 23 snaps, Perine 21.

While I would want Perine to get the fairer share of the load, he does not appear to be a workhorse type of back. His blocking pick-ups and blitz recognition appear to be getting better, so they should be more confident with him there.

At best, Perine will be a share the load type of back in the future, and there is nothing wrong with that. He averaged 10 carries a game his last 2 years in college.

oh wow a common sense post...didnt expect that mixed in with the rest of these overreactions.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, kmnj said:

gase and joe didnt plan a tank and are not trying to tank-they both are just very bad at their jobs

0/16 and people defend them-IT TAKES TIME-WE CANT EXPECT CHANGES RIGHT AWAY blah blah blah

u are what your record says you are and our coach and gm are in charge of a team that will be 0-16

Thank you, the blind love for JD is apalling.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Thank you, the blind love for JD is apalling.

it is nuts but the same people got so angry when you questioned mac or izadick-the hackenburb pick was a prime example of this and the same people now defend the Morgan pick(which was awful too but not as terrible only because it was a 4 and not a 2)

it would be one thing if JD was not JD but Ozzie Newsome or Parcells or BB among others -then I would say this guy has done it before I am all in take as much time as you need-same with Gase-neither are proven winners so I dont go by hope but what I actually see them doing

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1