What if Trevor Lawrence sucks?

manuvsteal

This is not really a draft topic, but more of a we're already in the 2021 season hypothetical question.  What if the Jets draft Trevor Lawrence and he stinks?  I don't mean horrible, but borderline stinks. For example 2700 yards 15 TD/15 interceptions in his rookie year.  Then he follows it up with a 2022 season of 19TD/13 INT in his sophomore season along with 3,000 yards.  Do you try to trade him in year 3?  

I only ask because Sam Darnold put up 17TD/15INT and followed with 19TD/13TD in his second season.  For those that hold Darnold to a standard that he should be traded for Lawrence while he was throwing to Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios, Jeff Smith, Josh Malone this year, what would the bar be for Trevor Lawrence if he's throwing to 3 starting caliber receivers?  I'm not looking for an argument per se. I am looking for an honest fans assessment of what it would mean if Trevor Lawrence had Sam Darnold's equivalency of success? Continue building around him, or cut him loose?  

What is the bar to say Lawrence is successful or not the QB of the future?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

This is not really a draft topic, but more of a we're already in the 2021 season hypothetical question.  What if the Jets draft Trevor Lawrence and he stinks?  I don't mean horrible, but borderline stinks. For example 2700 yards 15 TD/15 interceptions in his rookie year.  Then he follows it up with a 2022 season of 19TD/13 INT in his sophomore season along with 3,000 yards.  Do you try to trade him in year 3?  

I only ask because Sam Darnold put up 17TD/15INT and followed with 19TD/13TD in his second season.  For those that hold Darnold to a standard that he should be traded for Lawrence while he was throwing to Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios, Jeff Smith, Josh Malone this year, what would the bar be for Trevor Lawrence if he's throwing to 3 starting caliber receivers?  I'm not looking for an argument per se. I am looking for an honest fans assessment of what it would mean if Trevor Lawrence had Sam Darnold's equivalency of success? Continue building around him, or cut him loose?  

Sam had Robby, Robby now has a average QB and looks better than any year here. The receivers were hurt this year okay? The number 3rd overall pick should be able to carry the team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

All responses, and still no answers to my question.  What does success look like, and what does failure look like?  Looking for numbers, stats, wins/losses, etc. 

We don't like you or your question 'round these parts. Now, git!

blazing saddles horse punch GIF

Just kidding, welcome. And you won't get an answer because we evaluate on a curve depending on how humble and a good boy Lawrence will be and whether he says mean things about the team on Twitter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

All responses, and still no answers to my question.  What does success look like, and what does failure look like?  Looking for numbers, stats, wins/losses, etc. 

I believe TL is 77-1 Since starting back to his days in HS. He is being lauded as the next Luck even Manning Peyton that is . As far as stats or seeing how good the kid truly is or can be You tube and google my friend it's free and a useful tool.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

We don't like you or your question 'round these parts. Now, git!

blazing saddles horse punch GIF

Just kidding, welcome. And you won't get an answer because we evaluate on a curve depending on how humble and a good boy Lawrence will be and whether he says mean things about the team on Twitter.

Thanks for the laugh today, I needed that! 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

What if you were a good poster? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

you keep at it til you have a GOOD QB...   TL gets no kinda special treatment

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

We don't need him to be Payton Manning, we need him to be better than Josh Allen, Tua & whatever scrub the Pats send out there next year. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

:rolleyes:  Please spare us. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

I am reporting this to the quality control department. 

565340AE-0BBD-47EE-8668-CFB7788C70A3.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, manuvsteal said:

I think there will be threads up to trade him as soon as he is due for a new contract.

51 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I believe TL is 77-1 Since starting back to his days in HS. He is being lauded as the next Luck even Manning Peyton that is . As far as stats or seeing how good the kid truly is or can be You tube and google my friend it's free and a useful tool.

He better than both Luck and Manning... He is not going to suck.  He is going to be a HOF QB

• Sympathy 1