The Seahawks defense is hilariously awful

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if the Jets had paid all the homegrown "bums" like 33, SunRa (another Tom Shane villain), Demario Davis, Andre Roberts etc instead of mercenaries like CJ and Trumaine they'd be in the race for the 7th spot in a Tom Brady-less AFC east 

I agree that they’d be in seventh place in a four-team division even if they gave a SS, #3 WR with one TD, an ILB, and a kick returner top dollar, my friend 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not sure I ever said top 5 player in the NFL 

my sincere hope was that they paid him Budda baker money rather than sit on it and give it to Woody in a bag with a $ on the side 

I did say this locker room lost all balls and backbone the day they traded 33 and that seems to be playing out 

if the Jets had paid all the homegrown "bums" like 33, SunRa (another Tom Shane villain), Demario Davis, Andre Roberts etc instead of mercenaries like CJ and Trumaine they'd be in the race for the 7th spot in a Tom Brady-less AFC east 

instead the team has descended to historic lows and we're all celebrating how bad Seattle's defense? 

that's cold comfort, my friend

If you actually watch this incredibly informative video, it focuses largely on predictability of the defense, but it's also about a point many of us have made here:

Jamal Adams is very good at what he does, but what he does well may actually be a liability for the defense overall.

• Upvote 4

They have to cover zero blitz all the time becasue that is jamals game.  He can;t cover and is a factor only when he come forward on passing plays.  The team just spent a ton of resources to get this guy.  These results are all so predictable.

If Norton does not constantly bring pressure he is 'wasting jamal adams' if he does they get cooked.

Jamal Adams by his very  nature is a coach killer

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the seattle D may be hilariously awful

the Jets D is just lifeless and awful

American Football Dance GIF by New York Jets

in case anyone wonders why I wish this team had worked it out with 33 before it became a thing

it's because football is entertainment and i am not entertained 

are you not entertained russell crowe GIF

Adams gives up as much as he gets and he does not create near enough tunrovers .

I'll be entertained when we have an offense and win some games.  A fing box safety is not entertainment.

Seattle is entertaining, 100% because of a great QB and WR

• Upvote 4

seattle is a contender and when they shore up a weakness like pass rush (because let's be real that's what Adams really is, at his most valuable) it sends a message to the locker room 

hey guys we are trying to win this thing so everyone tries 2% more 

meanwhile when the team trades everyone and let's Adams, Bell shoot their out of town via Twitter - well here we are

at least we can make threads about Seattle's Pass Defense har de har har 

laughing all the way to the bottom 

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

seattle is a contender and when they shore up a weakness like pass rush (because let's be real that's what Adams really is, at his most valuable) it sends a message to the locker room 

hey guys we are trying to win this thing so everyone tries 2% more 

meanwhile when the team trades everyone and let's Adams, Bell shoot their out of town via Twitter - well here we are

at least we can make threads about Seattle's Pass Defense har de har har 

laughing all the way to the bottom 

15MM per for poor pass defense and a 2% increase in effort doesn't sound like a great investment actually.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the seattle D may be hilariously awful

the Jets D is just lifeless and awful

American Football Dance GIF by New York Jets

in case anyone wonders why I wish this team had worked it out with 33 before it became a thing

it's because football is entertainment and i am not entertained 

are you not entertained russell crowe GIF

So true Jets have been boring as Hell for 10 years. At the point I'm happy if I just get to see an entertaining loss.

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Adams gives up as much as he gets and he does not create near enough tunrovers .

I'll be entertained when we have an offesne and win some games.  A fing box safety is not entertainment.

Seattle is entertaining, 100% because of a great QB and WR

But i thought he provided LUV to all of us ? Have we all been bamboozled by a box safety from Seattle?

So hypothetically speaking....

Would you be ok with the Jets winning one game this season...costing us the #1 pick...if:

1) It is over the Seahawks;

2) It costs the Seahawks a playoff spot; and

3) The game winning TD is caught over Adams with just a few second left?

I might just sign up for that....