The Seahawks defense is hilariously awful

27 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The Seattle D is bad.

They are only "historically awful" by one metric - passing yards allowed.  They are 4th best in the NFL against the run right now. And four teams have given up more points this season.

You're right that Points against is definitely a useful metric, suggesting they are bad but not historically bad.

But the run defense metric?  It's almost irrelevant in the NFL in 2020.  Not completely irrelevant; no one wants to get gashed, or give an offense the ability to run all day and not be forced to throw.  But its close to irrelevant.

Football Outsiders has added a paywall for their site (rightfully so); I'd be interested in seeing what their metrics have to say about the Seattle D thru 9 games.

31 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The Seattle D is bad.

They are only "historically awful" by one metric - passing yards allowed.  They are 4th best in the NFL against the run right now. And four teams have given up more points this season.

That’s because their offense ie. QB keeps them off the field converting 3rd down mere mortals can’t! No Russell Wilson, that team is Atlanta. 

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They are awful. Will be tough when they hold us to 6 points in a few weeks.

Meh.  If they do well against the Jets, it really won't matter a whole lot.  If a Jamal Adams-led defense can't perform at a high level in a "revenge game" then he's completely useless.

12 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So hypothetically speaking....

Would you be ok with the Jets winning one game this season...costing us the #1 pick...if:

1) It is over the Seahawks;

2) It costs the Seahawks a playoff spot; and

3) The game winning TD is caught over Adams with just a few second left?

I might just sign up for that....

No to all of that if it costs the Jets the # 1 pick.

Yes to all of that if we can still get the # 1 pick (or at least top 2).

Seattle missing the postseason would be a chef's kiss moment, and would hand us an additional top-18 pick in the process.  Can't see any route to that happening though.  The competition for the 6 and 7-seeds in the NFC race is very weak.  2 of the following 4 teams would have to pass the Seahawks (6-3) in the standings for it to happen: Bears (5-5), Vikings (4-5), Lions (4-5), 49ers (4-6).  Not happening.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the seattle D may be hilariously awful

the Jets D is just lifeless and awful

American Football Dance GIF by New York Jets

in case anyone wonders why I wish this team had worked it out with 33 before it became a thing

it's because football is entertainment and i am not entertained 

are you not entertained russell crowe GIF

Well, if you trade away a player for picks like the Jamal it makes sense your defense become worse and sucks balls.  But, when you give up picks for a player like Jamal and your defense still sucks balls that's kind of an issue. He's a difference faker.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I'm not sure I ever said top 5 player in the NFL 

my sincere hope was that they paid him Budda baker money rather than sit on it and give it to Woody in a bag with a $ on the side 

I did say this locker room lost all balls and backbone the day they traded 33 and that seems to be playing out 

if the Jets had paid all the homegrown "bums" like 33, SunRa (another Tom Shane villain), Demario Davis, Andre Roberts etc instead of mercenaries like CJ and Trumaine they'd be in the race for the 7th spot in a Tom Brady-less AFC east 

instead the team has descended to historic lows and we're all celebrating how bad Seattle's defense? 

that's cold comfort, my friend

I enjoy your bantor from time to time but you are deflecting...

YOU claimed Jamal was elite. YOU damned the jets and fans that thought differently.

So at this point, a bad het defense is still bad without 33 and a bad seahawks defense is no better with 33.

There has been no spark, no benefit thus far for the hawks. Only loss....

The jets got rid of an overrated nut job loudmouth With 2 1st round picks in their back pocket to build on and remain in salary cap heaven.

The seahawks might not even be able to retain 33 when his rookie deal is up. They might not want to. 33 might hold out. Hawks are gonna be without 2 first round picks and 33. Meanwhile 33 might sign elsewhere for way less money he ever thought possible.

Dude, the hets won this one hands down. Have some class and just concede!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're right that Points against is definitely a useful metric, suggesting they are bad but not historically bad.

But the run defense metric?  It's almost irrelevant in the NFL in 2020.  Not completely irrelevant; no one wants to get gashed, or give an offense the ability to run all day and not be forced to throw.  But its close to irrelevant.

Football Outsiders has added a paywall for their site (rightfully so); I'd be interested in seeing what their metrics have to say about the Seattle D thru 9 games.

IDK about that. The Cowboys probably have the worst defense in the league and the reason is because teams can run on them at will.

Consider Dallas plays in the NFC East and opponents average 32.2 points per game. When the Giants, Eagles and WFT can light you up - that's saying something

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

IDK about that. The Cowboys probably have the worst defense in the league and the reason is because teams can run on them at will.

Consider Dallas plays in the NFC East and opponents average 32.2 points per game. When the Giants, Eagles and WFT can light you up - that's saying something

That's fair.  You just have to be careful about what run defense metrics you're looking at, and have to be able to answer questions like these:  Are teams not running much on you because your pass defense is so bad?  Are teams not able to run on you because your team is usually jumping out to early leads, forcing opponents to become one-dimensional?  

From what I've seen out of Seattle, their run D really isn't all that good.  The Rams were pretty dominant on the ground against them last week.  It's probably middle of the pack from an efficiency standpoint.  It's just so much easier to throw on them, so teams opt to go pass-heavy on them for the most part.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Would you be ok with the Jets winning one game this season...costing us the #1 pick...if:

I like the Jets a lot more than I could ever hate Jamal Adams. Plus if it goes down this way, Jamal will take to Twitter how he did it on purpose and got the last laugh.

39 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I enjoy your bantor from time to time but you are deflecting...

YOU claimed Jamal was elite. YOU damned the jets and fans that thought differently.

So at this point, a bad het defense is still bad without 33 and a bad seahawks defense is no better with 33.

There has been no spark, no benefit thus far for the hawks. Only loss....

Dude, the hets won this one hands down. Have some class and just concede!

I don't have to claim Jamal Adams is elite 

he is elite

that's what 24 year old 2x all pro means

the guy has the ability to take over game 

those bolded statements are opinions 

they have gotten better with him, despite statistics telling a different story 

to review the Jets are winless, hopeless and dickless 

we are celebrating how seattle is 6-3 

at least they are trying  

the Jets told their locker room this is how you get out of town and Bell promptly did the same thing

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well, if you trade away a player for picks like the Jamal it makes sense your defense become worse and sucks balls.  But, when you give up picks for a player like Jamal and your defense still sucks balls that's kind of an issue. He's a difference faker.

the story has yet to be written on the Jamal Adams trade

there's a certain historical event that just occurred where, if we had stopped tallying the results in the middle, one side could believe they got the better of it 

this 33 trade can be evaluated after 2 things 1) we see how Seattle's year ends up. not week 11, how it all ends up at the end. if they go 1 and done they probably didn't get value. 2) we see how JD uses these picks

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the story has yet to be written on the Jamal Adams trade

there's a certain historical event that just occurred where, if we had stopped tallying the results in the middle, one side could believe they got the better of it 

this 33 trade can be evaluated after 2 things 1) we see how Seattle's year ends up. not week 11, how it all ends up at the end. if they go 1 and done they probably didn't get value. 2) we see how JD uses these picks

Fair, 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he is elite

at least they are trying  

the Jets told their locker room this is how you get out of town and Bell promptly did the same thing

Youre a bit stubborn. If he is elite, he is still a safety

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fair, 

No, its not.  The trade evaluation isn't contingent on what Douglas does with the picks.  You evaluate the trade based on who got the better assets out of the deal. 

Draft picks need to be viewed as assets or commodities long before you make your picks.  How Douglas does with the picks will be a separate part of the equation.

The Jets won the trade, and its not close.  We have four 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts while Seattle has none, AND we aren't stuck making the choice between paying a criminally overrated Box Safety $15M+ per season, flipping him elsewhere for something like a 2nd rounder, or letting him walk as a FA for a comp pick. 

Even if Jamal Adams was playing at an All-Pro level for Seattle right now, the Jets would still have won this deal.  It just wouldn't be an absolute landslide like it is currently.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Number 3 is gonna happen....maybe not few seconds left but Adams giving up a monster play helping us to a W. I can feel it because we need to lose so bad 

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, its not.  The trade evaluation isn't contingent on what Douglas does with the picks.  You evaluate the trade based on who got the better assets out of the deal. 

Draft picks need to be viewed as assets or commodities long before you make your picks.  How Douglas does with the picks will be a separate part of the equation.

The Jets won the trade, and its not close.  We have four 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts while Seattle has none, AND we aren't stuck making the choice between paying a criminally overrated Box Safety $15M+ per season, flipping him elsewhere for something like a 2nd rounder, or letting him walk as a FA for a comp pick. 

Even if Jamal Adams was playing at an All-Pro level for Seattle right now, the Jets would still have won this deal.  It just wouldn't be an absolute landslide like it is currently.

Agreed. Doesn’t matter what happened with the picks. The pick is the asset. What they do with that pick is a completely different transaction 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Number 3 is gonna happen....maybe not few seconds left but Adams giving up a monster play helping us to a W. I can feel it because we need to lose so bad 

The only way we beat Seattle is if Russell Wilson misses the game.  Wilson isn't losing to the f**king Jets, even if he plays his worst game of the season.

Ideal result:  We put up our best offensive game of the season at the expense of Adams, but still lose.  Something like 41-24 would be fine by me.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And often in games where the team lost by double digits, no less.

SEA terrible fit for him. By second half teams were already killing the clock against the Jets so his run-stuffing prowess could shine. Teams are forced to throw it for 60 mins against the Hawks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

SEA terrible fit for him. By second half teams were already killing the clock against the Jets so his run-stuffing prowess could shine. Teams are forced to throw is for 60 mins against the Hawks.

A Safety who is useless against passes.  In the 2020 version of the NFL.  Totally worth two 1sts and a 3rd!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  He couldn't hop in a time machine and re-do that 2017 # 6 pick.  But he did get a Khalil Mack-esque package of picks back for him.  Amazing work.

Must not have been a video negotiation otherwise JD's duper's delight would've torpedoed the deal.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

That’s because their offense ie. QB keeps them off the field converting 3rd down mere mortals can’t! No Russell Wilson, that team is Atlanta. 

Atlanta is better than their record.  Four of their losses were by a total of 13 points. Since Quinn was fired, they’ve played much much better. And their schedule has to be one of toughest in NFL.  So w/o Russel Wilson, the Seahawks would be starting Geno Smith. Think of that for a second. That team would be more like the Jets than Falcons. 

If you’re on your deathbed and it’s the last game you’ll ever see, then ok .
but i’ll be most happy with a competitive loss, number 1 pick and Mount Becton rolling over jamal a couple of times on a sweep.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

he is elite

at least they are trying  

@bitonti

I agree and you know what's sad? These Jamal haters/critics/pundits don't even realize that lolhahahahahalol

Jets 2020 Defense:

10th in average yards per run against (worse than SEA). 

17th in passing TDs allowed against (tied with SEA). 

19th in rushing yards allowed (worse than SEA).  

20th rated 3rd down defense. 

21st rated 4th down defense (worse than SEA). 

21st in Defensive INTERCEPTIONS (worse than SEA). 

24th in rushing TDs allowed. 

26th in receptions allowed. 

26th in 1st downs allowed. 

28th in total yards allowed. 

29th in passing yards allowed. 

29th in QB RATING against (lol, worse than SEA).

29th in average yards per pass attempt against (tied with SEA). 

29th in defensive penalities committed (worse than SEA).

30th in defensive penalty yardage accumulated (worse than SEA). 

30th in defensive SACKS (worse than SEA). 

LOL 30th in points allowed (worse than SEA). 

32nd in QB completion percentage against (worse than SEA). 

@bitonti

And I just created a thread about our own 2020 defense in order to mush their faces in it 

6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Would you like to post any 2020 Jet defensive videos? lol

Jets 2020 Defense:

10th in average yards per run against (worse than SEA). 

17th in passing TDs allowed against (tied with SEA). 

19th in rushing yards allowed (worse than SEA).  

20th rated 3rd down defense. 

21st rated 4th down defense (worse than SEA). 

21st in Defensive INTERCEPTIONS (worse than SEA). 

24th in rushing TDs allowed. 

26th in receptions allowed. 

26th in 1st downs allowed. 

28th in total yards allowed. 

29th in passing yards allowed. 

29th in QB RATING against (lol, worse than SEA).

29th in average yards per pass attempt against (tied with SEA). 

29th in defensive penalities committed (worse than SEA).

30th in defensive penalty yardage accumulated (worse than SEA). 

30th in defensive SACKS (worse than SEA). 

LOL 30th in points allowed (worse than SEA). 

32nd in QB completion percentage against (worse than SEA). 

hah!