Jump to content
Defense Wins Championships

NYJ's 2020 Defense has fallen off a cliff (and is even worse than SEA's D within many of key categories).

Recommended Posts

Some of you NY Jet fans should seriously star to focus on our own defense and literally stop worrying about Jamal Adams (like little Seattle fanboys) and look in the damn mirror (@ yourselves);

mirror.jpg.995c978870867f33df6bec76b595e72d.jpg

Because our 2020 Jets Defense has completely fallen off a cliff (immediately following #33's departure) and is now known as an NFL laughing stock... 

Jets 2020 Defense:

10th in average yards per run against (worse than SEA). 

17th in passing TDs allowed against (tied with SEA). 

19th in rushing yards allowed (worse than SEA).  

20th rated 3rd down defense. 

21st rated 4th down defense (worse than SEA). 

21st in Defensive INTERCEPTIONS (worse than SEA). 

24th in rushing TDs allowed. 

26th in receptions allowed. 

26th in 1st downs allowed. 

28th in total yards allowed. 

29th in passing yards allowed. 

29th in QB RATING against (lol, worse than SEA).

29th in average yards per pass attempt against (tied with SEA). 

29th in defensive penalities committed (worse than SEA).

30th in defensive penalty yardage accumulated (worse than SEA). 

30th in defensive SACKS (worse than SEA). 

LOL 30th in points allowed (worse than SEA). 

32nd in QB completion percentage against (worse than SEA). 

I'm sorry but as a defensive minded football fan it's been absolutely disgusting for me to see NYJ fans harping all over Jamal/Seattle's defense while actually prancing around acting and pretending as if our Jets defense has been any better and/or hasn't fallen off a 2020 cliff (in compassion to 2019);

and it's absolutely disgusted me (to the point of creating this thread).

It's disgusting to see NYJ fans criticizing Seattle's Defense (due to Jamal hatred) while completely ignoring our own atrocious NYJ Defense @ the same time (embarrassing). 

34882269-young-man-looking-at-an-older-himself-in-the-mirror.jpg.ced368a8646c79daf1d93bf0c8437691.jpg

 

  • Thumb Down 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

 

Jets 2020 Defense:

10th in average yards per run against (worse than SEA). 

17th in passing TDs allowed against (tied with SEA). 

19th in rushing yards allowed (worse than SEA).  

20th rated 3rd down defense. 

21st rated 4th down defense (worse than SEA). 

21st in Defensive INTERCEPTIONS (worse than SEA). 

24th in rushing TDs allowed. 

26th in receptions allowed. 

26th in 1st downs allowed. 

28th in total yards allowed. 

29th in passing yards allowed. 

29th in QB RATING against (lol, worse than SEA).

29th in average yards per pass attempt against (tied with SEA). 

29th in defensive penalities committed (worse than SEA).

30th in defensive penalty yardage accumulated (worse than SEA). 

30th in defensive SACKS (worse than SEA). 

LOL 30th in points allowed (worse than SEA). 

32nd in QB completion percentage against (worse than SEA). 

 

  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Some of you NY Jet fans should seriously star to focus on our own defense and literally stop worrying about Jamal Adams (like little Seattle fanboys) and look in the damn mirror (@ yourselves);

mirror.jpg.995c978870867f33df6bec76b595e72d.jpg

Because our 2020 Jets Defense has completely fallen off a cliff (immediately following #33's departure) and is now known as an NFL laughing stock... 

Jets 2020 Defense:

10th in average yards per run against (worse than SEA). 

17th in passing TDs allowed against (tied with SEA). 

19th in rushing yards allowed (worse than SEA).  

20th rated 3rd down defense. 

21st rated 4th down defense (worse than SEA). 

21st in Defensive INTERCEPTIONS (worse than SEA). 

24th in rushing TDs allowed. 

26th in receptions allowed. 

26th in 1st downs allowed. 

28th in total yards allowed. 

29th in passing yards allowed. 

29th in QB RATING against (lol, worse than SEA).

29th in average yards per pass attempt against (tied with SEA). 

29th in defensive penalities committed (worse than SEA).

30th in defensive penalty yardage accumulated (worse than SEA). 

30th in defensive SACKS (worse than SEA). 

LOL 30th in points allowed (worse than SEA). 

32nd in QB completion percentage against (worse than SEA). 

I'm sorry but as a defensive minded football fan it's been absolutely disgusting for me to see NYJ fans harping all over Jamal/Seattle's defense while actually prancing around acting and pretending as if our Jets defense has been any better and/or hasn't fallen off a 2020 cliff (in compassion to 2019);

and it's absolutely disgusted me (to the point of creating this thread).

It's disgusting to see NYJ fans criticizing Seattle's Defense (due to Jamal hatred) while completely ignoring our own atrocious NYJ Defense @ the same time (embarrassing). 

34882269-young-man-looking-at-an-older-himself-in-the-mirror.jpg.ced368a8646c79daf1d93bf0c8437691.jpg

 

WOW! Jets are NOT 32nd in every category! That is some great news! We have an up and coming defense. Life is good!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we should trade two fist and a third to seattle to get the difference maker?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well considering the Jets 2018 D sucked too, upon further evaluation, and applying the logic of a single individual player coming or going obviously must be completely responsible for the entire team performance, it is quite clear that the one person solely to credit/blame for this all, is the immortal James Burgess.

I guess that settles that, huh?  I just hope the Packers have acknowledged who deserves the true credit for this year's success of theirs.

Way to go James! 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hey guys peep my thread where I share stats from the only winless team in the league vs. a team battling for 1st place in their division.

Catch 22: I'm not the Jets fan who A.) Mocks/laughs at Seattle's Defense (as Jamal Adams pundits do) and B.) I'm not the Jets fan who completely ignores our own awful Jets Defense (as Jamal pindits do). 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where’s the FIRE GREGG WILLIAMS thread?

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A: Heh this team/player is....

B: NO WE SUCK! WE SUCK! FOCUS ON THAT!

A: Yeah I know we suck by that doesn't mean the other team/player is

B: WE SUCK ARGGHHHH FOCUS ON OUR MISERY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So where’s the FIRE GREGG WILLIAMS thread?

SAR I

He should have never been hired to begin with. Any coward scumbag who intentionally tries to injure opposing players with ACL tears/concussions/season and career ending injures should've been banned from football (forever). 

Unfortunately, Adam Gase's embarrassing offense is even worse than Gregg's awful defense. 

They will both (Gase/Williams) become fired by our next head coach (2021). 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He should have never been hired to begin with. Any coward scumbag who intentionally tries to injure opposing players with ACL tears/concussions/season and career ending injures should've been banned from football (forever). 

Unfortunately, Adam Gase's embarrassing offense is even worse than Gregg's awful defense. 

They will both (Gase/Williams) become fired by our next head coach (2021). 

Gase will fire Williams.  Gase will install his father-in-law as DC.

Gase will fire Loggains.  Gase will hire a young OC from the collegiate ranks.

Gase will continue as a fine head coach and head of football operations, not as a weak offensive coordinator.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Gase will fire Williams.  Gase will install his father-in-law as DC.

Gase will fire Loggains.  Gase will hire a young OC from the collegiate ranks.

Gase will continue as a fine head coach and head of football operations, not as a weak offensive coordinator.

SAR I

I’ll miss the Hobbit. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jets 2020 Defense:

10th in average yards per run against (worse than SEA). 

17th in passing TDs allowed against (tied with SEA). 

19th in rushing yards allowed (worse than SEA).  

20th rated 3rd down defense. 

21st rated 4th down defense (worse than SEA). 

21st in Defensive INTERCEPTIONS (worse than SEA). 

24th in rushing TDs allowed. 

26th in receptions allowed. 

26th in 1st downs allowed. 

28th in total yards allowed. 

29th in passing yards allowed. 

29th in QB RATING against (lol, worse than SEA).

29th in average yards per pass attempt against (tied with SEA). 

29th in defensive penalities committed (worse than SEA).

30th in defensive penalty yardage accumulated (worse than SEA). 

30th in defensive SACKS (worse than SEA). 

LOL 30th in points allowed (worse than SEA). 

32nd in QB completion percentage against (worse than SEA). 

 

I originally upvoted your OP. Not because I agree with anything you said, but because I appreciate the effort you put into this. 
 

Still do. Thanks for putting effort into the forum.

But then I took it back after doing a simple fact check:
SEA is actually #32 in yards allowed, #32 in passing yards allowed, and #28 in pts/game allowed.  They have a statistically decent run defense, but that could be attributed to a historically bad pass defense.  
I’d like to think that the “pts/game allowed” excludes pick 6s (scored against the offense), but I don’t know.  Still, 29.6 (SEA) isn’t really bragging rights better than 29.8 (NYJ).  

But whatever, you do you.
 

Either way, the Seahawks are a terrific football team despite their defense. Making this thread, written by someone with your username, ironic. LOL. 
 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I originally upvoted your OP. Not because I agree with anything you said, but because I appreciate the effort you put into this. 
 

Still do. Thanks for putting effort into the forum.

But then I took it back after doing a simple fact check:
SEA is actually #32 in yards allowed, #32 in passing yards allowed, and #28 in pts/game allowed.  They have a statistically decent run defense, but that could be attributed to a historically bad pass defense.  
I’d like to think that the “pts/game allowed” excludes pick 6s (scored against the offense), but I don’t know.  Still, 29.6 (SEA) isn’t really bragging rights better than 29.8 (NYJ).  

But whatever, you do you.
 

Either way, the Seahawks are a terrific football team despite their defense. Making this thread, written by someone with your username, ironic. LOL. 
 

I just hate to see Jet fans prancing around while harping all over Seattle's defense when our Jets defense is just as bad and even worse than Sea in many of key defensive statistics such as run defense, INTs, penalities, SACKS, QB completion % against, points allowed and QB Rating against etc. 

Also how is it ironic? I'm a defensive minded fan who realizes how bad our defense has fallen off a cliff immediately following Jamal's departure (who was the heart and soul of our defense and 2020 just goes to show). 

But don't worry, once we draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall I'll be upgrading my user name to Offense Wins Championships (OWC). 

In closing Seattle's defense was a laughing stock of a joke last year (before Adams) and a "5 game sample size" for #33 is laughable (ala Jamal's led Seattle defense just only allowed 7 first half points to a great Arizona offense tonight). 

 

  • Thumb Down 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So shame is arguing with himself now?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Some of you NY Jet fans should seriously star to focus on our own defense and literally stop worrying about Jamal Adams (like little Seattle fanboys) and look in the damn mirror (@ yourselves);

mirror.jpg.995c978870867f33df6bec76b595e72d.jpg

Because our 2020 Jets Defense has completely fallen off a cliff (immediately following #33's departure) and is now known as an NFL laughing stock... 

Jets 2020 Defense:

10th in average yards per run against (worse than SEA). 

17th in passing TDs allowed against (tied with SEA). 

19th in rushing yards allowed (worse than SEA).  

20th rated 3rd down defense. 

21st rated 4th down defense (worse than SEA). 

21st in Defensive INTERCEPTIONS (worse than SEA). 

24th in rushing TDs allowed. 

26th in receptions allowed. 

26th in 1st downs allowed. 

28th in total yards allowed. 

29th in passing yards allowed. 

29th in QB RATING against (lol, worse than SEA).

29th in average yards per pass attempt against (tied with SEA). 

29th in defensive penalities committed (worse than SEA).

30th in defensive penalty yardage accumulated (worse than SEA). 

30th in defensive SACKS (worse than SEA). 

LOL 30th in points allowed (worse than SEA). 

32nd in QB completion percentage against (worse than SEA). 

I'm sorry but as a defensive minded football fan it's been absolutely disgusting for me to see NYJ fans harping all over Jamal/Seattle's defense while actually prancing around acting and pretending as if our Jets defense has been any better and/or hasn't fallen off a 2020 cliff (in compassion to 2019);

and it's absolutely disgusted me (to the point of creating this thread).

It's disgusting to see NYJ fans criticizing Seattle's Defense (due to Jamal hatred) while completely ignoring our own atrocious NYJ Defense @ the same time (embarrassing). 

34882269-young-man-looking-at-an-older-himself-in-the-mirror.jpg.ced368a8646c79daf1d93bf0c8437691.jpg

 

Who cares... Seattle is giving up historical yards... Jamal still sucks in coverage... and this team might not win a game... But the Jets plain suck... Seattle has SB hopes... They are carried hard by Wilson... and this is proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY JETS OFFENSE TIME OF POSSESSION 26:49   32nd in NFL

That means our defense is out there longer than anyone else...so we suck and are tired...its not all missing Jamal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JiF said:

Hey guys peep my thread where I share stats from the only winless team in the league vs. a team battling for 1st place in their division.

And one team is Statistically better than the other?
 

No way!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AFJF said:

And one team is Statistically better than the other?
 

No way!!!

You might be surprised, so take a seat but the 1st place Seattle Seahawks are better than the winless Jets in some categories and stats and stuff.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JiF said:

Hey guys peep my thread where I share stats from the only winless team in the league vs. a team battling for 1st place in their division.

Funny.  The difference is Seattle is supposed to be driving towards a championship and the jets are sitting at a stop light.  Seattle is going to be bounced in short order if they don’t start playing some good defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Funny.  The difference is Seattle is supposed to be driving towards a championship and the jets are sitting at a stop light.  Seattle is going to be bounced in short order if they don’t start playing some good defense.

Agreed, cant shoot their way to the SB but their D showed up last night vs. a division foe who put up 600 yards of offense the last time they met.  First time all year the D was fully healthy and Dunlap obviously brings them a pass rush element too, so it's possible they had a turning point last night.  They didnt seem to have near the communication problems on the back end they've had all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if I've learned anything from all these posted defensive statistics is drafting defense 9 out of 10 years in the 1st round of the draft in an offensive league just might have been bad idea. 

Instead of having picked offensive players & built a great offense we have the duality of a sh*tty defense & a sh*tty offense! 

But, in one draft we added a LT, plus Mims is looking good, Perine can be a good #2 RB. Let's hope Clark develops. 18 picks in the next 2 drafts. At least we have cap & draft capital. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 7:57 AM, JiF said:

You might be surprised, so take a seat but the 1st place Seattle Seahawks are better than the winless Jets in some categories and stats and stuff.

 

Thank goodness for analytics.😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only point of this thread is for the OP to not so surreptitiously slide it in there that the Jets made a horrific mistake getting rid of an overrated immature fatmouth lockerrom cancer in waiting who openly said pay me I don't want to be here. Fck outta here with this already. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We quite literally made the trade of the decade to come, and all OP wants to do is whine about getting rid of a player that doesn't move the needle, and forced his way off of the team. 

 

🤷

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

He should have never been hired to begin with. Any coward scumbag who intentionally tries to injure opposing players with ACL tears/concussions/season and career ending injures should've been banned from football (forever). 

Unfortunately, Adam Gase's embarrassing offense is even worse than Gregg's awful defense. 

They will both (Gase/Williams) become fired by our next head coach (2021). 

So you didn't like Rex then?  Because his father was known to put bounties on players, and if  you don't think Buddy's kids did that, you are fooling your self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...