Jump to content
jetsrule128

James Morgan Will Never Be The Backup QB This Season

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, considering Hackenturd was picked in the 2nd round and Morgan in the 4th round, I think it's safe to say his judgment is already better.

Except for the 'second receiver that never was."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike White meanwhile in 8 preseason games 

Game 1 vs 49ers 6/11 63 yards 0 TD O INT 

game 2 vs bengals 8/16 76 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Game 3 vs cardinals 17/22 157 yards 0 TD 1 INT 

game 4 vs Texans 13/21 118 yards 0 TD 0 INT 

game 5 vs 49ers 9/20 87 yards 0 TD 0 INT 

game 6 vs Rams 7/13 30 yards 0 TD 1 INT 

game 7 vs Texans 6/9 56 yards 1 TD 0 INT 

game 8 vs Buccaneers 14/26 132 Yards 0 TD 0 INT 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think the #1 metric for judging the James Morgan pick will be how useful he becomes to the organization, i.e. can he become a capable back-up and win a few games, or can he be flipped down the round for net positive gain of draft pick(s)/player(s)?

If he flames out a la "The Hacken", then I'll lament on the WR that could've been (and I would've liked one). And, even if it becomes clear it was a wasted pick, it's still leagues better than the Hackenberg pick, because it was a 4th rounder, not a 2nd.

Nope. JD taking Morgan during the 4th is way worse than Macc taking Hack during the 2nd. 

At least Macc had an excuse for reaching on Hack ala we were a Franchise without a Franchise QB and at least Macc kicked the tires and TRIED to find one. Even though it was a failed pick the effort was there. 

With JD? We had a potential Franchise QB who was obviously struggling without offensive weapons and instead of trying to help Sam he drafted an awful 4th round QB prospect and a 6th round joke or a PUNTER. 

JD taking a jag 4th round QB with Sam's NFL life on the line can never be forgiven. 

 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. JD taking Morgan during the 4th is way worse than Macc taking Hack during the 2nd. 

At least Macc had an excuse for reaching on Hack ala we were a Franchise without a Franchise QB and at least Macc kicked the tires and TRIED to find one. Even though it was a failed pick the effort was there. 

With JD? We had a potential Franchise QB who was obviously struggling without offensive weapons and instead of trying to help Sam he drafted an awful 4th round QB prospect and a 6th round joke or a PUNTER. 

JD taking a jag 4th round QB with Sam's NFL life on the line can never be forgiven. 

 

The more people say this I'm beginning to wonder how much faith he had in Sam to begin with.  Douglas isn't stupid.  And he's been with enough organizations to see how you build around a QB.  Just strange that he wouldn't make those picks, players at offensive skill positions. Yeah we needed a better punter but we had one. We needed a backup QB but he wouldn't be ready in a year. Two receivers or maybe even a TE was a good way to give Sam a bigger cushion.  Later picks but maybe worth the risk.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The more people say this I'm beginning to wonder how much faith he had in Sam to begin with.  Douglas isn't stupid.  And he's been with enough organizations to see how you build around a QB.  Just strange that he wouldn't make those picks, players at offensive skill positions. Yeah we needed a better punter but we had one. We needed a backup QB but he wouldn't be ready in a year. Two receivers or maybe even a TE was a good way to give Sam a bigger cushion.  Later picks but maybe worth the risk.

And letting Robby Anderson go (Sam's favorite offensive weapon) was another big red flag. 

Sam was a Maccagnan guy and I believe the ego of JD wanted to absolutely sabotage Sam in order to draft "his guy" @ QB come the 2021 draft.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And letting Robby Anderson go (Sam's favorite offensive weapon) was another big red flag. 

Sam was a Maccagnan guy and I believe the ego of JD wanted to absolutely sabotage Sam in order to draft "his guy" @ QB come the 2021 draft.

I know. But it's still a "tin foil hat" idea.  He sabotoges Sam and he leaves Gase out to dry. He may not want to help his QB.  But Gase was hired specifically to make Sam a great QB.  Also it makes Douglad look the laughing stock we now see in the owner's box at every game.  Going for Trevor over your current QB is still a terrible strategy. It's like burning your own house down to get an insurance settlement that doesn't even cover the cost of rebuilding it.  Douglas is in an even worse hole now with no QB.  It can't have been planned.  Just he was hoping for his moves to work with a depleted roster.  And it didn't make us competitive.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horrible comment that is for sure.  Just bloody awful from a coach who went out of his way to bring in Falk and Fales.

And yes it was an awful awful pick, not Hackenburg bad but a terrible pick none the less.

You don't draft backups, if you do you do it very late and there was a lot of talent and still tons of holes on this team.

Douglas has done some very  good things but the Morgan pick was dumb.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, considering Hackenturd was picked in the 2nd round and Morgan in the 4th round, I think it's safe to say his judgment is already better.

Well both QB's could have been had as UDFA's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nope. JD taking Morgan during the 4th is way worse than Macc taking Hack during the 2nd. 
At least Macc had an excuse for reaching on Hack ala we were a Franchise without a Franchise QB and at least Macc kicked the tires and TRIED to find one. Even though it was a failed pick the effort was there. 
With JD? We had a potential Franchise QB who was obviously struggling without offensive weapons and instead of trying to help Sam he drafted an awful 4th round QB prospect and a 6th round joke or a PUNTER. 
JD taking a jag 4th round QB with Sam's NFL life on the line can never be forgiven. 
 
I'm sorry .. we had a franchise qb going into this year ???? Please do ne a favor and lend me your xray vision glasses so I can catch a glimpse.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are we really trusting Gase to provide feedback on how good players can be? This is the same guy that limited Robby’s play, calls Herndon a unicorn but doesn’t feature him in the offense and has a 40 year old RB taking reps from a clearly capable rookie RB.

The coaching staff knows it’s gone. We already saw Gregg trying to pin the issues on Gase. It won’t be too long before the coaching staff starts to pin it on the front office. They’re all trying to save face.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

 

 

Before DWC jumps off the wagon, can we take it with a grain of salt with who is actually saying he's not ready ?  The man we all want fired.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, 2 years in a row the Jacksonville Jaguars have been able to start a 6th round rookie and out play the Jets #3 overall pick. 

Adam Gase is the worst coach in the history of the NFL.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

giphy.gif.9704100da4252e62d6425bc2e0a2714f.gif

Are you seriously, with a straight face, trying to say that taking a 2nd round QB that never saw the field for any NFL team is less awful than taking a 4th round project QB that needs time to develop?

Stan brings the zingers, brah

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

The Chargers put a rookie QB in with no reps and the worst OC on Div I football... five minutes to game time. He's putting up record numbers.  

We can't even find a rookie to even spot start?

Jeez.  I hope Joe's judgement is better than Macc's when it comes to falling for rookie QBs.

 

Maybe the coach should just play him and find out?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Maybe the coach should just play him and find out?

Yep. I just don’t get the idea of not playing the guy even now.  He can hand off. Give him 10 pass plays and that’s about a quarter of a game.  Maybe the disparaging comments about him being from fiu are valid but he was also a transfer. How’d he do elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Before DWC jumps off the wagon, can we take it with a grain of salt with who is actually saying he's not ready ?  The man we all want fired.

Petulant children want him fired, not actual fans. 

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Yep. I just don’t get the idea of not playing the guy even now.  He can hand off. Give him 10 pass plays and that’s about a quarter of a game.  Maybe the disparaging comments about him being from fiu are valid but he was also a transfer. How’d he do elsewhere?

  Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Overall         699 1221 57.2 8654 7.1 6.9 65 34 128.8
  Bowling Green State         279 538 51.9 3342 6.2 5.3 25 22 111.2
  Florida International         420 683 61.5 5312 7.8 8.2 40
*2015 Bowling Green State MAC FR QB                    
2016 Bowling Green State MAC FR QB 11 183 326 56.1 2082 6.4 5.3 16 15 116.8
2017 Bowling Green State MAC SO QB 7 96 212 45.3 1260 5.9 5.3 9 7 102.6
*2018 Florida International CUSA JR QB 12 213 326 65.3 2727 8.4 9.0 26 7 157.6
*2019 Florida International CUSA SR QB 12 207 357 58.0 2585 7.2 7.4 14 5 128.9

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meanwhile, 2 years in a row the Jacksonville Jaguars have been able to start a 6th round rookie and out play the Jets #3 overall pick. 

Adam Gase is the worst coach in the history of the NFL.

 

Sam Darnold busted all by himself.  He makes Mark Sanchez look like Peyton Manning. 

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meanwhile, 2 years in a row the Jacksonville Jaguars have been able to start a 6th round rookie and out play the Jets #3 overall pick. 

Adam Gase is the worst coach in the history of the NFL.

 

Morgan is almost 24 years old, been practicing all season, was drafted in the 4th round, is playing on a team that is 0-9 with a 35 year old back up QB getting the start, and he still can’t get on the field?   He must be just pathetic in practice because other than that I can’t see why he isn’t playing.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Morgan is almost 24 years old, been practicing all season, was drafted in the 4th round, is playing on a team that is 0-9 with a 35 year old back up QB getting the start, and he still can’t get on the field?   He must be just pathetic in practice because other than that I can’t see why he isn’t playing.  

The sad part is, this isnt even a report about playing....it's a report about being the back up!!!

Adam Gase man, Adam Gase

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Adam Gase is a horrible, horrible coach, let's get that out of the way first.

He is also trolling this fan base because, well, he can. He knows what is going to happen at the end of this year, and he has nothing to lose in terms of fan equity. He will twist the knife when he can. And he is.

 

I said this other day in a joking manner but I think it's real.  I think he likes being a villain.  I think he likes negative attention.  He seems to get off on it and he doesnt care because he's rich bitch! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...