Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston for Week 11; Winston reportedly won't be part of any Saints offensive packages

Jetsfan80

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

For those who use ESPN for Fantasy.  Hill still qualifies as a TE.  If you pick him up you can play your normal QB with Hill at TE and get all his QB points.

I doubt he's going to get huge points....but he's likely going to outscore 90% of all other TEs.

I don't play fantasy football anymore but that's a genius idea. 

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Perhaps.  Though it seems strange that they would trust a FB/TE with 18 career passing attempts with the task of not turning the ball over. 

And if that is one of his top priorities when it comes to his QB2, why sign Winston in the first place?  He's the 2nd most turnover-prone QB in NFL history, behind Mark Sanchez.  

Winston was cheap, had experience within the division and just about every coach seems to like looking at players who were drafted so high.  They seem to all think they can fix these players. Maybe Payton saw that Winston can’t be fixed.  This is almost as amazing that Mariota couldn’t beat out tannehill for the Titans job.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They're not paying him $21M over 2 seasons (with $17M+ fully guaranteed) just to give him a handful of plays in games where Brees is hurt and then turn it over to someone else.  He's being paid like a high end QB2 (the # 21 highest paid QB in the NFL on a per year basis), and today made it clear that they really think of him that way.

Hill is a lock to be on the roster in 2021 based on how his contract is set up.  Winston is not.  That guarantees Hill is at least the 1a guy right now while Winston is, at best, the 1b.  

Before this news broke I assumed it would be Winston as 1a and Hill as 1b.  Now its very possible Winston is a distant 2.

Yet, when Brees went down last week, Winston took over. 

If Hill finishes the game as the QB, I'll be shocked. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

For those who use ESPN for Fantasy.  Hill still qualifies as a TE.  If you pick him up you can play your normal QB with Hill at TE and get all his QB points.

I doubt he's going to get huge points....but he's likely going to outscore 90% of all other TEs.

Full disclosure, I picked up Winston in my big money league because I've been playing QB carousel ever since Dak got hurt, I was kind of trying to speak Winston success into existence.

That said, I just tried to pick up Hill to play TE and he's listed as a QB in my league on Yahoo.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

They were more excited to no longer have an absolute turnover machine and a non leader of men (they were just super excited to no longer have Winston and most Buccaneer fans are Gator fans who never wanted Jameis to begin with). 

He's an absolute embarrassment. 

"Winston has a stunning 138 picks and fumbles combined in just 72 games. The only other players to exceed 100 combined picks and fumbles since 2015 are Rivers and Cousins, but both have played a half-season more than Winston in that time".

He had a career losing record of 28-42 after 5 years following #1 overall pick status (.400%) and Tampa Bay fans were absolutely sick of him. 

I'd love to go see what you were saying about Jameis when he was coming out. Me thinks since you're an FSU fan that knows nothing about the ACC and he's the only reason FSU has been relevant in the last 20 years that you were probably gushing over him but I'm too lazy to look it up.

51 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He's also a TE, at min salary, on FanDuel...

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Winston played absolutely terrible when he got in last week so it will be interesting to see how the playing time evolves on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I just cant see us missing out on both. We may win 1 game, and that's a big maybe, but we ain't winning 2.

But I'd be fine with bringing in Jamesis as a back up for low money.

I cant see a team taking us lightly if we win a game. Honestly the Miami game is the only one that scares me. If they beat the broncos I could see them being overconfident. The other teams are either so desperate for a win that they give us their best or are fighting so hard for playoff position that they cant afford to lose to us. 0-16 a real possibility.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Right, because it was an "emergency" situation.  Now, with Hill getting 1st team reps all week, Payton saw fit to hop him over Winston on the depth chart and install him as the starting QB.  

Not a good look for Jameis.

• Upvote 1

I cant see a team taking us lightly if we win a game. Honestly the Miami game is the only one that scares me. If they beat the broncos I could see them being overconfident. The other teams are either so desperate for a win that they give us their best or are fighting so hard for playoff position that they cant afford to lose to us. 0-16 a real possibility.

0-10 may be a point where a loss to this jets squad is a humiliation and teams will at least have that as a motivator.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Full disclosure, I picked up Winston in my big money league because I've been playing QB carousel ever since Dak got hurt, I was kind of trying to speak Winston success into existence.

That said, I just tried to pick up Hill to play TE and he's listed as a QB in my league on Yahoo.

Only ESPN is treating Hill this way, not Yahoo.  

For all my joy of seeing this news about Hill, I'm coming back down to earth now, seeing as I have Michael Thomas in my money league.  No way he has a big day with Hill getting the majority/all of the snaps.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, because it was an "emergency" situation.  Now, with Hill getting 1st team reps all week, Payton saw fit to hop him over Winston on the depth chart and install him as the starting QB.  

Makes Winston look worse than Bridgewater. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Meh, they could have turned to Hill, he's been in the system a lot longer...

Only ESPN is treating Hill this way, not Yahoo.  

For all my joy of seeing this news about Hill, I'm coming back down to earth now, seeing as I have Michael Thomas in my money league.  No way he has a big day with Hill getting the majority/all of the snaps.

I picked up Winston and was trying to speak him into greatness....

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I'd love to go see what you were saying about Jameis when he was coming out. Me thinks since you're an FSU fan that knows nothing about the ACC and he's the only reason FSU has been relevant in the last 20 years that you were probably gushing over him but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I actually wanted nothing to do with him as an FSU/Jets fan due to his rape accusations, shoplifting incidents, embarrassing himself in class by stating **** her right in the pussy etc etc he was just a troubled youth coming out and on top of his character concern's he was an absolute turnover machine while @ FSU with interceptions/fumbles galore. 

And FSU had many of awesome future NFL talent around Winston (not all made it on an NFL level but before being drafted into the NFL were all awesome FSU kids) in Kelvin Benjamin, Lamarcus Joyner,  Timmy Jernigan, Cameron Irving, Mario Edwards Jr, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, P.J Williams, Tre Jackson, Rashad Greene, Karlos Williams, Nick O'Leary, Bobby Hart, Devonta Freeman, Bryan Stork, Telvin Smith, Jalen Ramsey, Roberto Aguayo, Demarcus Walker and Dalvin Cook; all FSU players who contributed to our back to back NCAA Championship Game appearances (1-1) and all FSU players who I got to enjoy watching on my Saturday's. 

and these kids (not just Winston) were the reasons why me my wife and my best friend traveled from FL to NC for our FSU @ Duke ACC Championship Game and those kids gave us FSU fans memorable memories that'll last forever  10694363_10152464930244032_1169200131162296640_o.thumb.jpg.3fc5944ccd9598ca5e8139d8692d87c6.jpg

You pretending and acting as if Winston was the only impact player who made our team(s) special just goes to show how little you really know about FSU Football during Winston's run. 

And for you to sit here and have the nerve to say FSU wasn't relevant until Winston for 20 years? Just goes to show me how you're clueless about FSU and ACC football because little did you know the year before Winston arrived? We went 12-2 and won an Orange Bowl (during Fishers begining FSU years) and always recruited great under Bobby Bowden, too. 

And during/throughout 20 years before Winston arrived in 2013? From 1992-2012 (20 years) FSU won 2 National Championship Games, another 3     Unclaimed National Titles and 10 ACC Conference Championships (20 years before Jameis ever even arrived) you big genius you. 

You're a disrespectful person man you telling me I know nothing about the ACC despite my favorite NCAA football team for over 20 years now playing within the ACC would be as disrespectful as me telling you that you know absolutely nothing about the AFC East despite you loving the Jets; makes sense, right? 

And back to my point that you obviously hated seeing me state; Trevor Lawrence is the most focused, most dominant, most polished and greatest ACC QB I've ever got to witness and experience (deal with it). 

The FSU player who i was absolutely drooling over was Dalvin Cook and unfortunately Macc drafted Marcus stinking Maye of our rival Gators who went 2 picks later to Minnesota (and I have plenty posts screaming for Cook and none for Winston lol). 

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I actually wanted nothing to do with him as an FSU/Jets fan due to his rape accusations, shoplifting incidents, embarrassing himself in class by stating **** her right in the pussy etc etc he was just a troubled youth coming out and on top of his character concern's he was an absolute turnover machine while @ FSU with interceptions/fumbles galore. 

And FSU had many of awesome future NFL talent around Winston (not all made it on an NFL level but before being drafted into the NFL were all awesome FSU kids) in Kelvin Benjamin, Lamarcus Joyner,  Timmy Jernigan, Cameron Irving, Mario Edwards Jr, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, P.J Williams, Tre Jackson, Rashad Greene, Karlos Williams, Nick O'Leary, Bobby Hart, Devonta Freeman, Bryan Stork, Telvin Smith, Jalen Ramsey, Roberto Aguayo, Demarcus Walker and Dalvin Cook; all FSU players who contributed to our back to back NCAA Championship Game appearances (1-1) and all FSU players who I got to enjoy watching on my Saturday's. 

and these kids (not just Winston) were the reasons why me my wife and my best friend traveled from FL to NC for our FSU @ Duke ACC Championship Game and those kids gave us FSU fans memorable memories that'll last forever  10694363_10152464930244032_1169200131162296640_o.thumb.jpg.3fc5944ccd9598ca5e8139d8692d87c6.jpg

You pretending and acting as if Winston was the only impact player who made our team(s) special just goes to show how little you really know about FSU Football during Winston's run. 

And for you to sit here and have the nerve to say FSU wasn't relevant until Winston for 20 years? Just goes to show me how you're clueless about FSU and ACC football because little did you know the year before Winston arrived? We went 12-2 and won an Orange Bowl (during Fishers begining FSU years) and always recruited great under Bobby Bowden, too. 

And during/throughout 20 years before Winston arrived in 2013? From 1992-2012 (20 years) FSU won 2 National Championship Games, another 3     Unclaimed National Titles and 10 ACC Conference Championships (20 years before Jameis ever even arrived) you big genius you. 

You're a disrespectful person man you telling me I know nothing about the ACC despite my favorite NCAA football team for over 20 years now playing within the ACC would be as disrespectful as me telling you that you know absolutely nothing about the AFC East despite you loving the Jets; makes sense, right? 

And back to my point that you obviously hated seeing me state; Trevor Lawrence is the most focused, most dominant and greatest ACC QB I've ever got to witness and experience (deal with it). 

Winston had 1 loss, a Nat'y and Heisman

Lawrence has 1 loss, a Nat'y and will never get a Heisman

You literally dont even know your own team let alone the ACC.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Unbelievably, horrifically bad finale.

I do watch The Mandalorian every week, however, because everything Jon Favreau touches turns to gold.  This is the way.  

I really need to start this, don’t I?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Trevor Lawrence became the first and only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship Game dating back to 35 years ago of 1985 (the year I was born).

Trevor Lawrence (2.5 years). 

662/995 (66.5.%),

8,778 passing yards 

(9.9 yards per pass attempt),

83 TDs/14 INT's

(5.92 TD-to-INT Ratio),

192 rushing attempts for 811 rushing yards (4.2 yards per carry) and 14 rushing TD's;

QB Rating of 165.4. 

14 INT's and 6 fumbles = 20 turnovers (36 games). 

Vs. 

Jameis Winston (2 years). 

562/851 (66.0%),

7,964 passing yards

(9.4 yards per pass attempt),

65 TDs/28 INT's

(2.32 TD-to-INT Ratio),

145 rushing attempts for 284 rushing yards (2.0 yards per carry) and 7 rushing TD's;

QB Rating of 163.3. 

28 INT's + 13 Fumbles = 41 Turnovers (27 games).

And speaking of National Championships and Heisman? Hahaha

Take a look @ your avatar and notice Justin Fields; because he'll NEVER win an NCAA National Championship

(couldn't beat TL/Clemson lololol)

he'll NEVER win an NCAA title!!

And Joe Burrow won the Heisman last year, not Fields who couldn't even make the Championship game HAHAHAH

58 minutes ago, JiF said:

You literally dont even know your own team let alone the ACC.

And why change the subject? Embarrassed? 

Didn't you say....

"FSU wasn't relevant for 20 years without Winston"

But then when I corrected you with...

the year before Winston arrived? We went 12-2 and won an Orange Bowl

And during/throughout 20 years before Winston arrived in 2013? From 1992-2012 (20 yearss? FSU won 2 National Championship Games, another 3  Unclaimed National Titles and 10 ACC Conference Championships (20 years before Jameis ever even arrived) you big genius you. 

And instead of admitting how little you know about ACC Football? You immediately change the subject and talk about "Heisman's" instead of acknowledging your original claim of "20 years"? 

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Didn't you say....

But then when I corrected you in order to show everyone how clueless you are about the ACC with...

And during/throughout 20 years before Winston arrived in 2013? From 1992-2012 (20 yearss? FSU won 2 National Championship Games, another 3  Unclaimed National Titles and 10 ACC Conference Championships (20 years before Jameis ever even arrived) you big genius you. 

And instead of admitting how little you know about ACC Football? You run away like a dog with its tail tucked between your legs and talk about "Heisman's" instead of acknowledging your original claim of "20 years"? Hahalol

What is an unclaimed national title?

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Trevor Lawrence became the first and only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship Game dating back to 35 years ago of 1985 (the year I was born).

Trevor Lawrence (2.5 years). 

662/995 (66.5.%),

8,778 passing yards 

(9.9 yards per pass attempt),

83 TDs/14 INT's

(5.92 TD-to-INT Ratio),

192 rushing attempts for 811 rushing yards (4.2 yards per carry) and 14 rushing TD's;

QB Rating of 165.4. 

14 INT's and 6 fumbles = 20 turnovers (36 games). 

Vs. 

Jameis Winston (2 years). 

562/851 (66.0%),

7,964 passing yards

(9.4 yards per pass attempt),

65 TDs/28 INT's

(2.32 TD-to-INT Ratio),

145 rushing attempts for 284 rushing yards (2.0 yards per carry) and 7 rushing TD's;

QB Rating of 163.3. 

28 INT's + 13 Fumbles = 41 Turnovers (27 games).

And speaking of National Championships and Heisman? Hahaha

Take a look @ your avatar and notice Justin Fields; because he'll NEVER win an NCAA National Championship

(couldn't beat TL/Clemson lololol)

he'll NEVER win an NCAA title!!

And Joe Burrow won the Heisman last year, not Fields who couldn't even make the Championship game HAHAHAH

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Didn't you say....

But then when I corrected you with...

And instead of admitting how little you know about ACC Football? You immediately change the subject and talk about "Heisman's" instead of acknowledging your original claim of "20 years"? 

Generational Trevor will never win a Heisman!!! Hahahahaha  

FSU is a joke and Winston saved them from 20 years of irrelevance.  Lolololololol

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Unbelievably, horrifically bad finale.

I do watch The Mandalorian every week, however, because everything Jon Favreau touches turns to gold.  This is the way.  

The finale of Dexter was the worst single episode of any show that I purposely watched.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Lolololololol

He didn’t even know Heisman coached at Clemson and that Danny Ford won a Nat’y there but he’s an ACC super fan historian. 

How can you claim I don't know the history of the ACC when we never even discussed former ACC Heisman Award winners? You're the one who threw out the whole Trevor Lawrence never won a Heisman compared to Winston winning one; and that's as far as your little Heisman history conversation ever went between me and you;

I did however mush your face within the fact that your boy Fields A.) Never won a Heisman and B.) He'll never win a National Championship. 

Omg. The Heisman trophy. The definition of great NFL QB's... (NOT!)

Joe Namath. 

Johnny Unitas

Bart Starr. 

Terry Bradshaw. 

Joe Montana. 

Dan Marino. 

Jim Kelly. 

Troy Aikman. 

John Elway. 

Warren Moon. 

Steve Young. 

Brett Favre. 

Peyton Manning. 

Tom Brady. 

Drew Brees. 

Ben Roethlisberger. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Russell Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson.

Dak Prescott. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

21 QB's listed above for a combined 0 whopping "Heisman ? Trophy's and I repeat; 0. 

So please do me a favor moving forward, and keep your little stupid QB Heisman Award winning conversations to yourself because I couldn't really care less about your former QB Heisman winners such as...

Doug Flutie, Vinny Testaverde, Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward (FSU), Danny Wuerffel, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke (FSU), Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow (lol), Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RG3, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston (FSU), Marcus Mariota, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield etc lol 

And suddenly you realize how naive you sound to me and why knowledgeable FSU fans such as myself couldn't care less about the "Heisman Trophy" when it comes to elite NFL prospects (such as Trevor Lawrence coming out) because we know better; and I'm sorry if you don't. 

You can keep those little Heisman Trophy Winners (listed above) because if you were to ever try and knock Trevor Lawrence (for not winning a Heisman ?) to the likes of non Heisman trophy losers such as...

Joe Namath. 

Johnny Unitas

Bart Starr. 

Terry Bradshaw. 

Joe Montana. 

Dan Marino. 

Jim Kelly. 

Troy Aikman. 

John Elway. 

Warren Moon. 

Steve Young. 

Brett Favre. 

Peyton Manning. 

Tom Brady. 

Drew Brees. 

Ben Roethlisberger. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Russell Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson.

Dak Prescott. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

They'd absolutely laugh in your face and tell you to never attempt to talk football with them, ever again lol).  

• Post of the Week 1