Clemson vs. Florida State postponed - Is it all starting to fall apart?

jetstream23

Just now, sec101row23 said:

When all the details come out from this FSU is going to look like a bunch of scared little b**ches.  Dabo will hang 100 points on FSU if they actually play this game in December.  

Ya as a doc this one smells a bit fishy. And as anyone in this board knows I tend to be pretty conservative with my COVID stuff. 

Just now, TheMo said:

Ya as a doc this one smells a bit fishy. And as anyone in this board knows I tend to be pretty conservative with my COVID stuff. 

This all centers around one player from Clemson who had 3 negative tests this week but the one from the “3rd party” test came back positive.   Instead of just not allowing that player to play, FSU has cited a violation of protocol and refuses to play.   

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

When all the details come out from this FSU is going to look like a bunch of scared little b**ches.  Dabo will hang 100 points on FSU if they actually play this game in December.  

Yep, 100% this is coward ass FSU trying to duck getting throttled.  There are protocols and they're just completely throwing that out the window and refusing to agree on what already was set forth by the ACC.  Clemson AD is literally like, we dont even get it.  We covered our basis and can play but FSU is refusing? What a bunch of cowards.

FSU athletics are in serious trouble...budget cuts, layoffs, losing funding and now they're ducking opponents?....all after buying out Taggert too. 

Real shame to watch happen.  lol

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This all centers around one player from Clemson who had 3 negative tests this week but the one from the “3rd party” test came back positive.   Instead of just not allowing that player to play, FSU has cited a violation of protocol and refuses to play.   

Cowards GIF by rblancarte | Gfycat

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Side note if NCAAF was serious about this they could have each school create a bubble for their teams with provided good etc and remote education. Would completely smother the spread. Not sure why this can’t be achieved with the amount of money these orgs get surrounding the sport.

Agree with your assessment of Florida state. Moves like this are shameful given the actual legitimate concerns surrounding the disease. They ought to take an L. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Yep, 100% this is coward ass FSU trying to duck getting throttled.  There are protocols and they're just completely throwing that out the window and refusing to agree on what already was set forth by the ACC.  Clemson AD is literally like, we dont even get it.  We covered our basis and can play but FSU is refusing? What a bunch of cowards.

FSU athletics are in serious trouble...budget cuts, layoffs, losing funding and now they're ducking opponents?....all after buying out Taggert too. 

Real shame to watch happen.  lol

There were rumors this whole week about how FSU would try to weasel out of this game.  Meanwhile, Missouri is playing South Carolina today with only 53 players active.  Just saw Norvell stuttering and stammering on College Gameday about how he wanted to play...Lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Dude this is just looking worse and worse for FSU. Clemson traveled with N95 and face shields on. There was almost no risk of transmission at that point. Also they offered to do a rapid test before the game on all the players. What a joke of a medical decision. Either the docs down in FL are morons or more likely the school was just trying to sneak out of a beat down. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Trying to figure out how college football gets thru these final 4 - 5 weeks.

1457857061_ScreenShot2020-11-21at7_43_21AM.png.1ac76eb41f4869295fb1b2bc2b6d3ce9.png

winter is coming GIF

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30357787/clemson-tigers-florida-state-seminoles-game-postponed

Games have been getting postponed every week. It's just that trevor lawrence is involved in this game so casual fans are now taking notice.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I can't see any college sports after Thanksgiving. It was a good run. Time to throw in the towel. They don't have the money the NFL has to keep going. At least we got some film on some of these prospects. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Icer said:

People really think Trevor wants to sign up for another year of this? No certainty this is gone by next year

When is the last day players can declare for the NFL Draft?  If it's sometime in January or February then yeah, there will be almost no visibility into how well COVID vaccines are being distributed and working.  Most experts expects in to take well into the Spring or Summer to really start putting a significant lid on spread.  If Trevor finishes this year healthy, locks himself in as the #1 pick and is staring a tons of guaranteed $$$ then I think it's a no-brainer to leave school.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

This is what happens when colleges value money over the safety of the kids. I've said it from the beginning but it's very apparent now that this season should have never been played and should have been postponed to the spring. Greedy ****s

Exactly.  People actually think postponing a major college football game in which the probable No. 1 pick is playing is an outrage.  Excuses, Excuses.  Exceptions, Exceptions.  This is why our death rate is so high, we never took this thing seriously enough to drive the rates down like other countries.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

They're having a playoff.  Whether they have to play it on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean or send a shuttle off to Mars to play it, the playoff will be played.

How they decide who?  I have no clue but this season will finish, 100%

Uranus is pretty good at handling  a fair volume of traffic, 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Shut it all down.

Declare Notre Dame champs.

They have the best win of the season.

I wouldn't consider beating a Trevor Lawrenceless Clemson team as the best win of the season when Clemson is 35-1 (.972%) throughout 36 games under TL compared to (only) going 1-1 without TL throughout only two games (.500%) and almost went 0-2 without him (Boston College had them beat too and dead to rights). 

You've gotta beat the man to be the man (and ND didn't beat the man)..

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't blame FSU. Blame Clemson (the team who allowed a Covid positive player to travel with the team to Tally). It's Clemson's fault not "FSU's). 

Clemson is the team who just tested positive heading into FSUs game. Clemson didn't even find out about their kids positive results until AFTER LANDING IN TALLAHASSEE. Their Clemson player TRAVELED with the team. FSU did the right thing to protect our players first and foremost (from Clemson's). 

No one is to blame from Clemson, every team knew they would have to deal with COVID cases,  FSU backed out because they dont want to be embarrassed and used a single positive COVID test to their advantage.  

If they were top ranked and needed a win they would play a team with 5 positive COVID players.  Dont ever try and put the students health above rankings and money.  

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I wouldn't consider beating a Trevor Lawrenceless Clemson team as the best win of the season when Clemson is 35-1 (.972%) throughout 36 games under TL compared to (only) going 1-1 without TL throughout only two games (.500%) and almost went 0-2 without him (Boston College had them beat too and dead to rights). 

You've gotta beat the man to be the man (and ND didn't beat the man)..

Game shouldnt have happened or counted.  ND should have backed out of that game vs Clemson, Lawrence tested positive, it was Clemsons fault right?

36 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't blame FSU. Blame Clemson (the team who allowed a Covid positive player to travel with the team to Tally). It's Clemson's fault not "FSU's). 

Clemson is the team who just tested positive heading into FSUs game. Clemson didn't even find out about their kids positive results until AFTER LANDING IN TALLAHASSEE. Their Clemson player TRAVELED with the team. FSU did the right thing to protect our players first and foremost (from Clemson's). 

Mississippi/Texas A&M. 

GT/Miami. 

CLT/Marshall.

TEX/KAN

Cark/UL. 

MSU/MD.

Wake/Duke.

HOU/SMU. 

ULM/UT. 

UNLV/CSU.

SJSU/FRES. 

NAVY/USF. 

ASU/COL. 

WSU/STAN. 

Etc. Etc. There has actually been 18 games cancelled/postponed this week and literally HUNDRED'S throughout the season dating back to week 1 but yet now FSU is being called pussies and cowards for protecting our kids vs Clemson's covid team? lol nope. 

Or Clemson was laying 35 on the road and FSU didn’t want to get embarrassed.

• Thumb Down 1

My daughter's school here in Florida (she's in the 4th grade) just tested two students positive in other classrooms this past Friday. Thankfully my daughter tested negative. School completely closed for THREE WEEKS now. 

I guess my daughter's school are pussies and cowards for protecting my daughter too; geniuses. 

Blaming anyone for Covid when none of us asked for this lifestyle is completely idiotic but let's not blame "FSU" when a Clemson player just tested positive after TRAVELING TO TALLAHASSEE WITH THEIR entire CLEMSON FOOTBALL TEAM...

Had Clemson followed proper protocol my FSU program would've never been forced into a situation of having to protect our kids VS theirs (covid team). 

• Upvote 2