Clemson vs. Florida State postponed - Is it all starting to fall apart?

jetstream23

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is a very relevant gif choice, considering that much like FSU football, Brendan Fraser used to be relevant in the 90s thru mid-2000s and then disappeared.  

FSU outside of the QB position (like every other NCAA program historically speaking) produces some of the greatest NFL players and dating back to the 90's we've won 3 National Championships (6 NCAA National Championship Game appearances) and 15 ACC Conference Titles. 

Nobody and I repeat nobody has dominated our ACC Conference quite like FSU has dating back to the 90's. 

It's been a bad couple of seasons for FSU but we'll return to greatness sooner rather than later ala we've only had 4 .500 or below losing seasons dating back to 1977 of 43 years ago. 

39 winning (above .500) seasons dating back to 43 years ago so before you talk down on FSU football while trying to "mock" please name me 10 other Football Programs who've had 39 winning seasons throughout a 43 year span. I bet you can't. 

Even ALABAMA has had 5 losing years dating back to 1977 lol. 

23 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Exactly.  People actually think postponing a major college football game in which the probable No. 1 pick is playing is an outrage.  Excuses, Excuses.  Exceptions, Exceptions.  This is why our death rate is so high, we never took this thing seriously enough to drive the rates down like other countries.

Hey man I’m a critical care doc and if you ask anyone on this board they’ll tell you I battle for how serious this disease has been. 

That being said. As I mentioned earlier, other than the risk being non zero, which in reality it ALWAYS is, there was almost no risk in playing given the precautions Clemson took. The use of N95s during travel, the previous negatives for the player in question, and the willingness to take rapid tests mitigated a lot of the issues. This is scientific foolishness and it’s what happens when people jump the shark about stuff. Reminds me of docs who absolutely have panic attacks when treating pregnant women. All medical reasoning seems to go out the window. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:18 PM, TheMo said:

Hey man I’m a critical care doc and if you ask anyone on this board given they’ll tell you I battle for how serious this disease has been. 

That being said. As I mentioned earlier, other than the risk being non zero, which in reality it ALWAYS is, there was almost no risk in playing given the precautions Clemson took. The use of N95s during travel, the previous negatives for the player in question, and the willingness to take rapid tests mitigated a lot of the issues. This is scientific foolishness and it’s what happens when people jump the shark about stuff. Reminds me of docs who absolutely have panic attacks when treating pregnant women. All medical reasoning seems to go out the window. 

As I stated previously, the entire college football season should have been cancelled, as many conferences did.  The conferences that decided to play anyway made a big thing about all the safety precautions they were taking.  Bending over backwards to make it safe, etc.  Then when a school demands those safeguards be followed we hear a hue and cry about "jumping the shark" with these rules.

With Covid now raging out of control like a forest fire after a six month drought, the last thing we need to do is make exceptions to what rules we have.  Sweden and the US have by far the highest rate of deaths of all the developed countries, and here in the US we have a significant percentage of people who think the entire thing is either overblown, a hoax, or an evil story by no-goodniks, extraterrestrial and otherwise.

When do we start taking this pandemic seriously?  Thank God we're getting a vaccine in a few months.  If this country had to rely on the populace's common sense and ability to act in their enlightened self-interest, this thing would be around for a whole generation.