College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I remember watching Fields vs. Clemson during his playoffs loss last year and Fields had 14 rushing attempts for only 13 yards lol with a average of less than 1 yard per carry (0.9).... 

He thinks he's Vick/Lamar/Wilson etc but he's really not. 

1.  No one thinks that.

2.  He had a pretty gimpy knee the last 3-4 games of last year.  I'm pretty sure you know that 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Because of 2 throws?  Lol

Will be interesting to see how he responds to the two early mistakes.  Knock on both Lawrence and Fields is that they have faced little adversity.  Lets see what Fields does over these last 45 minutes against a good defense.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Justin Fields has an 86.7% completion percentage because he's played some absolute horrible defenses throughout his first 3 games.

I'm expecting his completion percentage to come back down to earth against a very good Indiana defense; expect his completion percentage to fall/drop into the 50's today (just like vs. Indiana last year).

Overall I expect Fields to have a pretty bad game today and become exposed in all Trevor Lawrence comparisons. 

2/5 with 2 INT's so far. And we're only in the 1st Q lol. 

Thnx God for Ohio States DEFENSE. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, King P said:

This is going to be the game people use to nitpick the hell out of Fields, because they're so hellbent on TL they'll look for anything they can get to dismiss Fields

If the game continues as is, it will be well deserved nitpicking though. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, King P said:

This is going to be the game people use to nitpick the hell out of Fields, because they're so hellbent on TL they'll look for anything they can get to dismiss Fields

Well it goes totally both ways for people that favour one over the other.

Both are good prospects, both are not perfect and are not a lot better than many other years of Qb crops.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Lith said:

Will be interesting to see how he responds to the two early mistakes.

Still not 100% the first one was on him.  Where that ball went, it looked like he was expecting a different route.  The second one was trying to do too much, love to see another down.  

As I said to begin, Indiana plays a creative D.  Fields needs to realize he needs to take what they give him and not try to make the big play.  

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, King P said:

It’s already been this way...this will just make it worse for sure.  Lots of game left though.  

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Still not 100% the first one was on him.  Where that ball went, it looked like he was expecting a different route.  The second one was trying to do too much, love to see another down.  

As I said to begin, Indiana plays a creative D.  Fields needs to realize he needs to take what they give him and not try to make the big play.  

As a Jet fan, thinking about him as a potential QB for us next season, I want to see how he reacts to a slow start like this.  Still 45 minutes of game play left.  He is struggling early.  If he rebounds and plays well over the last 3 quarters, that may say more about him as a prospect than another game with huge stats against an overmatched D.

Just now, Lith said:

As a Jet fan, thinking about him as a potential QB for us next season, I want to see how he reacts to a slow start like this.  Still 45 minutes of game play left.  He is struggling early.  If he rebounds and plays well over the last 3 quarters, that may say more about him as a prospect than another game with huge stats against an overmatched D.

Using 1 game to predict some type of NFL career is kind of silly but whatevs but yeah, lots of game left.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I second this. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really like Fields but my one question was how he handles pressure. So far he is raising more questions than he is answering.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Fields hasn’t looked too hot today. Holds the ball for a long time and has made some questionable decisions. Let’s see how he bounces back.

This to me is a function of playing lesser teams too often.  These guys get used to having all day to throw and have guns open all the time.  (Not just Fields, all QBS that play on dominant talent teams.)

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

inside the nba laughing GIF by NBA on TNT

What were you laughing at? The fact that I predicted Fields would have a bad game against a good Indiana defense? 

Well right now I'm laughing @ you for thinking you could laugh @ me because....

3/7 (.428) and 2 INT's here in the 2nd Q is absolutely a bad game (thus far). 3 runs for 2 yards (including a horrible sack) is really bad too. 

man-pointing-laughing-you-closeup-portrait-handsome-excited-happy-smile-point-finger-towards-to-camera-gesture-young-32475315.jpg.2b35d08a5b1c1dfcf45e6c0681e88d09.jpg

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What were you laughing at? The fact that I predicted Fields would have a bad game against a good Indiana defense? 

Well right now I'm laughing @ you for thinking you could laugh @ me because....

3/7 (.428) and 2 INT's here in the 2nd Q is absolutely a bad game (thus far). 3 runs for 2 yards (including a horrible sack) is really bad too. 

man-pointing-laughing-you-closeup-portrait-handsome-excited-happy-smile-point-finger-towards-to-camera-gesture-young-32475315.jpg.2b35d08a5b1c1dfcf45e6c0681e88d09.jpg

I, literally, don’t care.

• Haha 1