Pat Fitzgerald

GreekJet

Not sure Fitzgerald is the guy I'd be entrusting a Young QB to.  QB development at NW hasn't been his calling card.  Offense in general hasn't 

If people routinely watched NW I think most would be firmly against him as a potential HC candidate.  He's a good coach, but he's defense first, ultra conservative, ball control offense.  Tries winning games 17-10.  I still  think there is room for that philosophy in football, but it's not an appealing product to watch.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

People give Jim Harbaugh a hard time despite a career NCAA coaching record @ Michigan of 49-21 (.700%)

but then ask for a coach within the same Big 10 Conference in Fitzgerald who's only 104-79 (.568%)?

And Jet fans make a big deal about Harbaugh being winless against Ohio State but yet then ignore Fitz being 0-7 against Ohio State?

Pat Fitzgerald is also 1-8 vs Jim Harbaugh (.111%) throughout 9 Michigan vs. Northwestern games. 

Nope. No thank you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not sure Fitzgerald is the guy I'd be entrusting a Young QB to.  QB development at NW hasn't been his calling card.  Offense in general hasn't 

If people routinely watched NW I think most would be firmly against him as a potential HC candidate.  He's a good coach, but he's defense first, ultra conservative, ball control offense.  Tries winning games 17-10.  I still  think there is room for that philosophy in football, but it's not an appealing product to watch.

You're correct and he's been Northwestern's coach since dating back to 2006 (14 years) and throughout 14 years he's only sent a whopping 6 offensive players into the NFL. 

He's an absolute horrible coach on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Upvote 1