Sunday, November 22, NFL Game Thread

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Watching DeShaun Watson makes me so ******* sad lol

He's so fun to watch.  Everyone knows how bad I wanted to take him but I'm happy we didnt draft him honestly.  He's such a great kid, class act and such an incredible talent, would be totally wasted here.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The way that dude played in primetime in college & our idiot GM is like, we're ok I drafted Christian Hackenberg. Mind blowing! 

Could you imagine this roster just based on a vote at each pick based on this site? Jets would probably be winning the division already, especially this year.

I've often wondered this myself I swear to God it feels like Jet fans are more thorough with our college evaluation than these Jet scouts. 

We would have voted for Dalvin Cook over Maye too. 

And in 2014 we would've taken WRs instead of Pryor/Amaro etc. 

We'd be much better @ 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks with votes (100%) and with the later rounds? Who cares because it's a guessing game anyway. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I feel so bad for Burrow. What a horrible offensive line they threw him behind. Luckily the Jets have a lot of cap space and draft picks to invest in the OL. 

Cincy actually invested picks in the oline years leading up to the burrow pick, the jets did nothing to help darnold.

Teams never learn that you build the team then get the QB.  Its also why many of us are calling for oline picks early in the coming draft.

FA almost always does nothing to build and oline.

Dak Prescott. 

Now Joe Burrow. 

Every NFL media pundit expert advising Trevor Lawrence to return to school should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. 

I feel so bad for Joe Burrow and Cincinnati fans. Burrow and Herbert were putting up the two greatest rookie seasons of All-Time @ QB and I was enjoying their battle between themselves. 

Heartbreaking injury for Joe Burrow. Damn man. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cincy actually invested picks in the oline years leading up to the burrow pick, the jets did nothing to help darnold.

Teams never learn that you build the team then get the QB.  Its also why many of us are calling for oline picks early in the coming draft.

FA almost always does nothing to build and oline.

Becton and Mims were certainly attempts in the draft to help Darnold, I would say.  

For the rest of your complaints....

big mac cheeseburger GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Becton and Mims were certainly attempts in the draft to help Darnold, I would say.  

For the rest of your complaints....

big mac cheeseburger GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Becton has to play the rest of the games this year as does mims and mims has to make an impact seeing as the GM passed on guys like claypool to trade down to get some of those 4th rounders that are doing nothing at all.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Becton has to play the rest of the games this year as does mims and mims has to make an impact seeing as the GM passed on guys like claypool to trade down to get some of those 4th rounders that are doing nothing at all.

Oh, so Mims was now a bad pick because he had an injury (when he had zero significant injury history in college).  

Claypool has a QB.  Mims doesn't.  QB's make their WR's.  The Steelers draft a WR every year and they always seem to work out.  What's the common denominator there?

The point was not whether the Bengals or Jets took the right players.  It was the attempt to build around their QB, which is a complaint you should have for Mike Maccagnan, not Joe Douglas.  Macc didn't even attempt to do this. 

Just as the Bengals built around Burrow, Joe Douglas is as well, except he was building for whoever the Jets QB would be, whether that was Darnold or the next guy.

• Upvote 1