Joejet

Jets-Chargers Game Thread

Just now, Beerfish said:

Sorry dude you have it 100% backwards, expecting a Qb to greatly improve the oline, especially a rookie.  This is mike mccagnan thinking.

I'm all for investing heavily in the OL.  I want our very next pick after a QB to be used on an elite IOL prospect.  I'm just saying a real QB plays a huge role in OL play as well.  That's been seen time and again across the league.

• Upvote 4

Wait I get it now. Since we can't make halftime adjustments, they decided to run the ball the entire 1st half so that they can come out in the 2nd half with the game plan. That's genius. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I'm starting to love all these stats.

I have flatulated more times in a half than the #Jets have red zone conversions all year.

Just now, AbstraKt said:

I'm starting to love all these stats.

I have flatulated more times in a half than the #Jets have red zone conversions all year.

Pull my finger!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In the last 6ish Quarters, Perriman has tripled Robby Anderson's TD production for his entire season.

The way some people talk Robby is an MVP candidate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You'll be amazed how good the OL will look when a real QB is under center, plus a real HC is running things.

What's your solution then?  Build around a QB who is a known failure?  Your plan sucks.

Flacco is a veteran QB. If you believe he can't read a defense and have some completions to his receivers your drinking the wrong liquor. The issue is the offensive line. They stink. Darnold went 6-2 at the end of last year. And the talent around him stunk. It was his 2nd year un the league. A known failure. Please.  Herbert would be having the same problems,flacco and Darnold are having if he was in green and white. So would TL,Fields. Etc,etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Justin Herbert has 5 games with 300+ pass yards this season (franchise rookie record).

For comparison purposes, he now has more 300+ yard games than Darnold has in his career to date (4).

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Flacco is a veteran QB. If you believe he can't read a defense and have some completions to his receivers your drinking the wrong liquor. The issue is the offensive line. They stink. Darnold went 6-2 at the end of last year. And the talent around him stunk. It was his 2nd year un the league. A known failure. Please.  Herbert would be having the same problems,flacco and Darnold are having if he was in green and white. So would TL,Fields. Etc,etc.

Flacco doesn't give two f**ks.  He's a 35-year old QB with one foot out of the door.  He has zero interest in being out there.

Your posts are nonsense.  The OL is bad but not the biggest problem with the offense.  It's actually improved from last season by a not so insignficant margin.  The biggest problems are the QB and HC, in whatever order you want to put them.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Flacco doesn't give two f**ks.  He's a 35-year old QB with one foot out of the door.  

Exactly his goal is to not get injured. 

Just now, K Clue said:

It’s just crazy to me how good Ballage has been for the chargers.

Agree he looks like a different player. 

WOW nice throw Herbert cant wait until we have a QB who plays at this level. 

• Upvote 1

Bryce Hall might be good.  They don't go at him at all.  Or maybe Jackson is bad so they just keep going after him.

Maybe it's both.

• Upvote 1