Joe Burrow Out For The Year: Merged

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

The AFC is collecting really good young QBs.

Mahomes, Herbert, Lamar, Allen, and Watson.

And Burrow is special.  Obvious to everyone... a shame he got badly injured.

Lawrence and Fields could be added to the mix also

The AFC is about to become the wild-wild west of younger Franchise QBs. 

Kansas City: Patrick Mahomes. 

Houston: Deshaun Watson. 

Ravens: Lamar Jackson. 

Cleveland: Baker Mayfield. 

Chargers: Justin Herbert. 

Cincinnati: Joe Burrow (he'll be back). 

Buffalo: Josh Allen. 

Miami: Tua Tagovailoa.

N.Y Jets: Trevor Lawrence

Jacksonville: Justin Fields. 

Jets/Jax both become players @ the poker table come 2021. 

With Pittsburgh, Raiders, Indianapolis and Tennessee trotting out their old AFC veterans in Roethlisberger/Carr/Rivers/Tannerhill. 

Leaving N.E & Denver as the only two AFC teams not invited to the AFC QB party...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

The AFC is about bro become the wild-wild west of younger Franchise QBs. 

With Pittsburgh, Raiders, Indianapolis and Tennessee trotting out their old AFC veterans in Roethlisberger/Carr/Rivers/Tannerhill. 

Leaving N.E & Denver as the only two AFC teams not invited to the AFC QB party...

Mahomes is miles better than everyone else on that list.

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The AFC is about to become the wild-wild west of younger Franchise QBs. 

“About to become”, then lists 2/10 that are actually new, and not drafted yet.

What exactly makes this “wild, wild”?

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

One of the best young players in the game.  Watching Burrow sling it has made this season so much better.  He was going to set rookie passing records. 

Hope he recovers soon...

I agree losing Joe Burrow is sad and absolutely heartbreaking to Cincinnati faithful but no, he wasn't going to be breaking any Rookie records; 

Because those rookie records were going to be broken and set by Justin Herbert (Burrow or not). 

Herbert: 9 games. 

201/301 (66.8%). 

2,333 Passing Yards (259.2 yds per gm). 

19 TD's/6 INT's (3.16 TD-to-INT Ratio). 

QB Rating: 102.8. 

vs. 

Burrow: 10 games. 

242/370 (65.4%). 

2,485 Passing Yards (248.5 yds per gm). 

12 TD's/5 INT's (2.40 TD-to-INT Ratio). 

QB Rating: 89.8. 

What happened to Burrow is tragic but what I don't want to get lost in all of this Burrow injury talk etc is that when Herbert wins the ROY award to let's not forget that Justin Herbert was the ROY front runner before Burrow's injury ever even happened.

It's really Herbert who's taken the league by storm from a rookie statistical standpoint....

48 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Mahomes is miles better than everyone else on that list.

Wrong.

He was simply drafted into an offensive attack that's miles better than every other offense with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an A+ offensive line and ANDY REID (already in place). 

During Reid's first 5 years as KC's coach (before Mahomes took a single snap as a starter) KC had 4 postseason playoff appearance's and 5 consecutive winning seasons in a row.

Mahomes didn't turn KC into winners (they were already a winning team) he simply helped them get over the top. 

Remove Mahomes from KC and all of their offensive weapons and Andy Reid and stick him on the Jets, Bengals, Houston, Jacksonville or Miami and he would no longer be recognized as the SB winner he is today. 

You put Deshaun Watson within Kansas City's offense and alongside of Andy Reid and the Chiefs don't miss a single beat.

Put Mahomes on Cincinnati, Jets, Houston, Miami and/or Jacksonville and he'll fall off an NFL cliff...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wrong.

He was simply drafted into an offensive attack that's miles better than every other offense with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, an A+ offensive line and ANDY REID (already in place). 

During Reid's first 5 years as KC's coach (before Mahomes took a single snap as a starter) KC had 4 postseason playoff appearance's and 5 winning seasons. 

Mahomes didn't turn KC into winners (they were already a winning team) he simply helped them get over the top. 

Remove Mahomes from KC and all of their offensive weapons and Andy Reid and stick him on the Jets, Bengals, Houston, Jacksonville or Miami and he would no longer be recognized. 

Put Deshaun Watson on Kansas City's offense and Andy Reid along with the Chiefs don't miss a single beat. Put Mahomes on Cincinnati, Jets, Houston, Miami and/or Jacksonville and he'll fall off a cliff...

Exactly

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wrong.

During Reid's first 5 years as KC's coach (before Mahomes took a single snap as a starter) KC had 4 postseason playoff appearance's and 5 consecutive winning seasons in a row.

Remove Mahomes from KC and all of their offensive weapons and Andy Reid and stick him on the Jets, Bengals, Houston, Jacksonville or Miami and he would no longer be recognized as the SB winner he is today. 

You put Deshaun Watson within Kansas City's offense and alongside of Andy Reid and the Chiefs don't miss a single beat.

Put Mahomes on Cincinnati, Jets, Houston, Miami and/or Jacksonville and he'll fall off an NFL cliff...

Where are those stats that you spam everywhere? They don’t work here because you’re just assuming something. 

In 2017, Alex Smith had his best year under Andy Reid. 26 TDs, 4,042 yards, 8.6 Adjusted YPA, and took 35 Sacks 

The next year 2nd year Patrick Mahomes did this: 50 TDs, 5,097 yards, 9.6 Adjusted YPA, 26 sacks (taken).

That’s not getting over the hump, that’s building a new mountain.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Where are those stats that you spam everywhere? They don’t work here because you’re just assuming something. 

In 2017, Alex Smith had his best year under Andy Reid. 26 TDs, 4,042 yards, 8.6 Adjusted YPA, and took 35 Sacks 

The next year 2nd year Patrick Mahomes did this: 50 TDs, 5,097 yards, 9.6 Adjusted YPA, 26 sacks (taken).

That’s not getting over the hump, that’s building a new mountain.

You want stats?

Real stats?

I'm about to give them to you because...

(they don't call me "statz" for nothing). 

Andy Reid's first 5 years in Kansas City before Mahomes ever took a single snap as a Chiefs starter...

2013: 11-5 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes.  

2014: 9-7. No Mahomes. 

2015: 11-5 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes. 

2016: 12-4 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes. 

2017: 10-6 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes. 

KC Chiefs record under Andy Reid (5 years prior to Mahomes starting) =

53-27 (.662%). 

So please stop acting and pretending as if Mahomes were drafted into crap teams like the JETS, Bengals, Texans, Dolphins, Bills, Browns and/or Jacksonville and "turned his team into a winner" because he didn't and if you're going to continue writing off every single young and talented AFC Quarterback all because they're not "Patrick Mahomes" and weren't drafted into QUARTERBACK HEAVEN (Andy Reid's KC Chiefs) well then I rather not waste my time talking Football with you. 

And that same QB Alex Smith you referred to? Is the same "JAG/BUM" who went 53-27 (.662%) throughout 2013-2017 under Andy Reid who Patrick Mahomes was blessed to sit behind and learn from for an entire year throughout his rookie season. 

If Patrick Mahomes was the JESUS CHRIST of the QB position he would've never went 13-19 as a loser (.406%) @ College throughout 3 years. 

Too bad he didn't have Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, A+ Offensive Lineman and ANDY REID to save his ass @ Texas Tech!

He wouldn't have won crap without KANSAS CITY (either). 

drops-mic-mic-drop.gif.f908e8e8549d4dffd03a0a7765ab8278.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Andy Reid's first 5 KC years before Mahomes ever took a single snap as a Chiefs starter...

2013: 11-5 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes.  

2014: 9-7. No Mahomes. 

2015: 11-5 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes. 

2016: 12-4 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes. 

2017: 10-6 = PLAYOFFS. No Mahomes. 

KC Chiefs record under Andy Reid (5 years prior to Mahomes starting) = 53-27 (.662%). 

So please stop acting and pretending as if Mahomes were drafted into crap teams like the JETS, Bengals, Texans, Dolphins, Bills, Browns and/or Jacksonville and "turned his team into a winner" because he didn't and if you're going to continue writing off every single young and talented AFC Quarterback all because they're not "Patrick Mahomes" and weren't drafted into QUARTERBACK HEAVEN (Andy Reid's KC Chiefs) well then I rather not waste my time talking Football with you. 

And that same QB Alex Smith you referred to? Is the same "JAG/BUM" who went 53-27 (.662%) throughout 2013-2017 under Andy Reid who Patrick Mahomes was blessed to sit behind and learn from for an entire year throughout his rookie season. 

If Patrick Mahomes was the JESUS CHRIST of the QB position he would've never went 13-19 as a loser (.406%) @ College throughout 3 years. 

Too bad he didn't have Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, A+ Offensive Lineman and ANDY REID to save his ass @ Texas Tech!

He wouldn't have won crap without KANSAS CITY. 

1) I actually really like Alex Smith so Idk why pretending like that was my agenda. 

2) Are wins a QB stat? College football is a different beast in terms of evaluation and projection. Things have changed recently but good players end up on bad teams all the time. 

3) Same team, same coach and a huge difference in stats between Alex Smith and Pat Mahomes, care to explain? Wanna make a list of QBs who have thrown 50 TDs in a season. 

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Has anyone posted today about the injury to Jo Burroughs?  Looked like a bad knee injury.  That terrible injury to Burro is exactly why I think we need to draft an OL to preserve Frank Gore.

Pick a spelling any spelling 

• Haha 1

I am in month 11 of recovery for an injury similar to Burrow's. I tore my MCL, MPFL, PCL, damaged the meniscus and dislocated my knee cap. Thankfully my ACL survived. It isn't fun.

He'll get surgery in a few weeks when the swelling goes down and better rehab than me I'm sure, but I started running again at the beginning of November having got injured on the 8th of Jan.

Knees are ******* brutal. Protect them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

no. smiths leg broke. this was not that.

this was notthat,

this is what i think having seen the replay once.

https://www.bauerfeind.ca/en_ca/for-patients/knee-and-kneecap/unhappy-triad/

It’s an ACL tear in his left leg similar to Carson Palmer’s.  Like Palmer it wasn’t in his plant leg as Burrow throws righty.  He’ll be fine

5 hours ago, British Jet said:

I am in month 11 of recovery for an injury similar to Burrow's. I tore my MCL, MPFL, PCL, damaged the meniscus and dislocated my knee cap. Thankfully my ACL survived. It isn't fun.

He'll get surgery in a few weeks when the swelling goes down and better rehab than me I'm sure, but I started running again at the beginning of November having got injured on the 8th of Jan.

Knees are ******* brutal. Protect them.

Ouch good luck get well soon. 

That sucks; hate to see it especially in a rookie. Sucks - hopefully he will be fine next camp.

On the other side it reinforces two points:

1. This is why it doesn't make sense for Trevor to play in college next year

2. This is why you don't turn down a blockbuster trade for a single player - this can happen, or they can retire early like luck.

Again, sad; I hope the kid is okay.

10 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

2. This is why you don't turn down a blockbuster trade for a single player - this can happen, or they can retire early like luck.

Not a single Bengals fan would trade Joe Burrow today for anything other than Mahomes and maybe 2-3 other QB's, even after his terrible injury.

You also probably would be hard pressed to find a Colts fan who would have turned down the run they had with Luck.  In hindsight, sure, they'd go back and take Russell Wilson instead.  But trading down instead of getting nearly a decade of elite QB play?  Nah.

True franchise QB's are priceless, for as long as you have them.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, y2k8 said:

So Burrow is facing 6 surgeries on his leg and will likely miss some if not most (or all) of 2021.

Who knows what he will be when he comes back.

Should the Bengals reset the clock on the QB as well if they finish in the Top 2?

Where did you hear this?  Earlier they said Burrow would be back in time for training camp.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Where did you hear this?  Earlier they said Burrow would be back in time for training camp.

ESPN halftime of MNF

An MRI showed Burrow tore his ACL and MCL and suffered other structural issues, sources said. Bengals coach Zac Taylor would not confirm the extent of the knee damage but said that Burrow will be out for the remainder of the 2020 season.

Taylor did not have a timetable for Burrow's expected surgery or a rough estimate for Burrow's return aside from some point during the 2021 season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not a single Bengals fan would trade Joe Burrow today for anything other than Mahomes and maybe 2-3 other QB's, even after his terrible injury.

You also probably would be hard pressed to find a Colts fan who would have turned down the run they had with Luck.  In hindsight, sure, they'd go back and take Russell Wilson instead.  But trading down instead of getting nearly a decade of elite QB play?  Nah.

True franchise QB's are priceless, for as long as you have them.

Jets need 3 or even 4 OL, a RB, a WR and a TE at least; they also need a bunch of players on D; I would take an above average QB and 2/3 extra first and 2/3 extra 2 day picks over one top QB. It would cut the rebuild down to 2 years instead of 3 or 4 (which would have Trevor on his last year or two). Joe Burrow is likely out up to 2 years. How about draft a crap load of top tier players, use your top pick on WR instead of QB, and draft a quality QB in 2 years coming onto a packed team with 5 years on his rookie contract? And remember Mahomes wasn't the first pick of the draft and Luck didn't bring the Colts a SB or a ton of playoff success - we went to two AFCC games with Sanchez.

it is all about the long game and the big picture. Trevor or top 10 pick QB and 6 extra picks? Marino never won the SB; it took Peyton and Elway most of their careers. Giants won 2 SB with Eli. Great team with above average QB >>>> crappy team with Great QB.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s an ACL tear in his left leg similar to Carson Palmer’s.  Like Palmer it wasn’t in his plant leg as Burrow throws righty.  He’ll be fine

ACL, MCL, other structural, which means cartilage tear.

12 months, very good chance he misses a good chunk of next year.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Jets need 3 or even 4 OL, a RB, a WR and a TE at least; they also need a bunch of players on D; I would take an above average QB and 2/3 extra first and 2/3 extra 2 day picks over one top QB. It would cut the rebuild down to 2 years instead of 3 or 4 (which would have Trevor on his last year or two). Joe Burrow is likely out up to 2 years. How about draft a crap load of top tier players, use your top pick on WR instead of QB, and draft a quality QB in 2 years coming onto a packed team with 5 years on his rookie contract? And remember Mahomes wasn't the first pick of the draft and Luck didn't bring the Colts a SB or a ton of playoff success - we went to two AFCC games with Sanchez.

it is all about the long game and the big picture. Trevor or top 10 pick QB and 6 extra picks? Marino never won the SB; it took Peyton and Elway most of their careers. Giants won 2 SB with Eli. Great team with above average QB >>>> crappy team with Great QB.

We have four 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts.  It's more than possible to draft a QB AND build around him simultaneously.  You don't pass on a potential franchise QB and kick the can down the road.  

Now, if you want to trade down to take a different QB than the top 2, I might be willing to listen.  Problem is, I could see four QB's getting taken in the top 10 this year.  We can't afford to drop down very far.