Joe Burrow Out For The Year: Merged

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have four 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts.  It's more than possible to draft a QB AND build around him simultaneously.  You don't pass on a potential franchise QB and kick the can down the road.  

Now, if you want to trade down to take a different QB than the top 2, I might be willing to listen.  Problem is, I could see four QB's getting taken in the top 10 this year.  We can't afford to drop down very far.

You take the 1st you were going to draft QB with and pick a WR; may even trade down again and still get the WR. Take the Seattle 1st and pick an OL. You then have an extra 2 for the trade down - so you take 2 quality players in round 2. and you also have 2 picks in the 3rd.

In 2022 you have 3 firsts and likely an extra day 2 pick. If Sam is so bad that you need to replace him in 2022, the Jets likely finish in the top 5 again. You use the top pick for a QB and you still have 2 firsts (one for trevor which will likely be a top pick as well and one for adams). You also have an extra day 2 pick again for Trevor.

If you are fortunate enough to be able to hold on to Sam for another year, you still have 2 firsts in 2023.

2021 - 2 firsts, maybe a WR and an OL (instead of Trevor and OL); 2 picks in 2nd, maybe 2OL; (instead of one so OL); 2 picks in 3rd, maybe RB and ? (same with or without Trevor)

2022 - 3 firsts, maybe QB, and 2 more (instead of 2 firsts - no QB, so same haul), but now you maybe pick 1 OL, and D (without trevor 2 OL?)

2023 - 2 firsts, maybe pass rusher and corner, without Trevor 1 1st, D?.

with Trevor; Trevor, OL, OL in 2nd, (same in 3rd); 2OL in first 2022, D in first 2023 - you have a new line and no new weapons and little D - trevor has 2 years left on contract

without Trevor and needing to replace Sam in 2022 you have

WR and OL in first, 2 OL in second, RB and ? in third; 2022 you pick QB, OL, D (pass rusher or CB); 2023 2D maybe CB and LB and 3 years left on QB contract. A complete rebuild on line, new WR and RB and a major rebuild on D - we are contenders.

If you are lucky enough to keep Sam 2 years, you accelerate D rebuild and have 4 years left on QB.

And, what if Trevor busts with the Jets without the OL or weapons, or gets hurt and is lost for 2 years? Why wait 4 years to have an incomplete team if everything goes right when we can be complete and contending in 3? 

I would rather have two crappy years with little or no wins to have a contender in 3 vs the excitement of Trevor and 3 to 4 painful years and still not be complete.

18 minutes ago, Xtina said:

The viideo cuts off how it happened. Hard to see. Did he get tackled? 

Yes. And it was a bad hit too. He never had a chance behind Cincinnati's O-Line. 

Pay attention. To his OWN offensive lineman playing out of control who forced Washington's defender into his own QB's knee. 

Even Washington players were heartbroken over what just happened. Sad. 

• Upvote 1

I knew Burrow got hurt because a manager in my fantasy league never responds to offers and then suddenly he accepts an offer I had out for burrow. Bush league BS that was obviously reversed. Hate fantasy players like that who squat on offers they don't like just in case their guy gets spaghetti legged and they ninja accept. Will be voting to boot him next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

I knew Burrow got hurt because a manager in my fantasy league never responds to offers and then suddenly he accepts an offer I had out for burrow. Bush league BS that was obviously reversed. Hate fantasy players like that who squat on offers they don't like just in case their guy gets spaghetti legged and they ninja accept. Will be voting to boot him next year.

I didn't even know that was a thing.  What a dick.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. And it was a bad hit too. He never had a chance behind Cincinnati's O-Line. 

Pay attention. To his OWN offensive lineman playing out of control who forced Washington's defender into his own QB's knee. 

Had not seen the slow-mo on the play.  Wow, that O lineman (#77) is an absolute POS.  What could he have been thinking?  Literally, that dunce throws the Redskins defender right into Burrows' leg.  Would have been better off letting him take the hit.  No rationale for what he did.  If I own the Bengals that guy is cut.

25 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Had not seen the slow-mo on the play.  Wow, that O lineman (#77) is an absolute POS.  What could he have been thinking?  Literally, that dunce throws the Redskins defender right into Burrows' leg.  Would have been better off letting him take the hit.  No rationale for what he did.  If I own the Bengals that guy is cut.

Yes man, yes. Absolute disaster. 

It was their LG too. Michael Jordan. A 2019 4th round pick. And he's an absolute JAG of a PROJECT. 

This is why I no longer want the sexy WR pick with our Seattle selection of the 1st round. I want a true 1st round interior O-Lineman talent at either Center or LG in order to provide Trevor Lawrence with a Mekhi Becton type of prospect but within the interior. 

Trevor Lawrence deserves better than what Cincinnati through out there for Burrow (absolute crap). 

I also want to see JD make a serious run at Trent Williams come free agency who was traded from Washington to San Francisco and at the age of 32 is playing absolutely amazing here in 2020. I'd put him @ RT and between Becton/Williams @ LT/RT; a rookie Trevor Lawrence will have a clean pocket while never having to worry about an outside pass rush. 

He's a mean mother f*cker who will literally punch you in your mouth and I couldn't imagine an O-Line with Becton/Williams @ OT + a 1st round rookie prospect on the interior. 

• Sympathy 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:03 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

What happened to Jonah?  Oh right he’s injured, again

On 11/24/2020 at 6:08 AM, jgb said:

1CB2D477-BE3A-400F-876B-926C383FDB01.jpeg.3ea643e6967154fde9222f4c86e94129.jpeg

• Haha 1