Forget about drafting WR/RB with our Seattle 1st Round Pick (An O-Lineman is a must to build around Mekhi Becton).

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

There's some really sh*tty football being played early today. The NFL is not a good product right now. Steelers being undefeated is no great feat! This is some of the crappiest football I've witnessed in a long time. 

If Steelers end up going undefeated it's absolutely an even stronger accomplishment throughout a Covid season. Pittsburgh is adjusting to never before seen circumstances like no other team. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If Steelers end up going undefeated it's absolutely an even stronger accomplishment throughout a Covid season. Pittsburgh is adjusting to never before seen circumstances like no other team. 

Uh no! It should have an asterisk next to it. 

49 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Uh no! It should have an asterisk next to it. 

Going to have to explain that one bud? 

The NFL season has barely blinked due to covid, just a couple schedule changes, why would they get an asterisk? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'd prefer we take a a weapon with that pick. 

Cincinnati Bengals faithful and Joe Burrow himself will completely disagree. 

If we end up drafting Trevor Lawrence, a 1st round offensive lineman with Seattle's pick is a must. 

Joe Burrow as a #1 overall pick getting ruined behind a crap O-Line was the reminding example that I needed to see. 

The Jets need to take Humphrey as a center in the first round of this draft like they needed to get back into the first round to take Biadasz last draft. This fan base loves unathletic centers who got first round buzz at any point during their college careers and then got far worse.

I would like the Jets to draft an interior lineman in the first round, but I’d be happy with a pass catcher too, and I felt that way before one freak injury today.

• Upvote 1

Ok if not Humphrey @ Center than either of...

Wyatt Davis (LG, Ohio State),

Christian Darrisaw (OT, Virginia Tech) who can play @ RT opposite of Becton in order to give Trevor Lawrence a clean pocket. 

Liam Eichenberg (OT, Notre Dame) who can play @ RT opposite of Becton in order to give Trevor Lawrence a clean pocket. 

All I know is that the only NFL offensive line that's currently worse than ours are the Cincinnati Bengals (which is why every single mock draft has Sewell going to them) and I don't want to watch what happened to Joe Burrow happen to Trevor Lawrence.

41 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

While I agree, the Jets need to draft another lineman with either the Seattle Pick, or with pick 33, these type of injuries are just bad luck and could happen to anyone, whether another lineman is picked or not.  

It's not bad luck nor a fluke injury, not when everyone knows that Cincinnati has the worst O-Line in all of Football; which is why Sewell has been mocked and projected to them for months now (since the very moment they drafted Joe Burrow). 

Sewell couldn't get to Cincinnati soon enough because everyone seen this coming Burrow's way sooner rather than later. 

I'd prefer we take a weapon with that pick. 

If Joe's specialty is supposedly picking o line, then he should be able to get good players in rounds 2-7.

Of course,  we could finish last and seahawks could win the SB and our picks would be back to back anyway making it moot lol.
If joe douglass's specialty is picking offensive lineman we would not be in this position right now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok if not Humphrey @ Center than either of...

Wyatt Davis (LG, Ohio State),

Christian Darrisaw (OT, Virginia Tech) who can play @ RT opposite of Becton in order to give Trevor Lawrence a clean pocket. 

Liam Eichenberg (OT, Notre Dame) who can play @ RT opposite of Becton in order to give Trevor Lawrence a clean pocket. 

All I know is that the only NFL offensive line that's currently worse than ours are the Cincinnati Bengals (which is why every single mock draft has Sewell going to them) and I don't want to watch what happened to Joe Burrow happen to Trevor Lawrence.

Wyatt Davis is having an awful year. You watched the OSU game, it’s been that all year long.

Douglas has seen first hand what a porous o-line can do for destroying a young quarterback's confidence. It wouldn't surprise me if Douglas goes out and finds a veteran receiver in free agency (I wouldn't necessarily chase Schuster, but I'd be happy with either Robinson or Godwin as a free agent acquisition) and then draft some extra o-line protection. 

Jets need to pick up a. Andrew Whitworth type of veteran lineman who stabilized the the guard position. My preference would be thuney/scherff and draft best C.  That would go a long way to building a wall for whoever they go with back there.  Man if the Jets do this right we should be set up nice for the next  5 years or more. 

• Post of the Week 2

26 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Gotta think Joe D will be all over Thuney again too. That Seattle picks gotta be a WR or an OL depending on free agency. 

Are you sure you'd want to invest big time money into a soon to be 30 year old Guard in Thuney (29 next year)?

I could be wrong but believe Thuney has been extremely overrated due to having the luxury of starting on an O-Line with Tom Brady as the captain of his N.E offenses; who makes EVERYONE around him look better, than they really are. 

He's never been to the Pro Bowl and has never been a First-team All-Pro (one 2nd team All-Pro) now in his 5th season. 

I just don't like the idea of giving him big time money. He's a former 3rd round pick who probably wouldn't be known without Tom Brady. 

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Are you sure you'd want to invest big time money into a soon to be 30 year old Guard in Thuney (29 next year)?

I could be wrong but believe Thuney has been extremely overrated due to having the luxury of starting on an O-Line with Tom Brady as the captain of his N.E offenses; who makes EVERYONE around him look better, than they really are. 

He's never been to the Pro Bowl and has never been a First-team All-Pro (one 2nd team All-Pro) now in his 5th season. 

I just don't like the idea of giving him big time money. He's a former 3rd round pick who probably wouldn't be known without Tom Brady. 

Thuney has been just as good this year with Cam Newton as he was with Brady. 

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I would. He’s still playing at a high level, will be 29 when he signed and is one of the best LGs in the league. Becton and Thuney is a hell of a left side for Trevor 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Thuney has been just as good this year with Cam Newton as he was with Brady. 

How do you know? Do you really sit around watching N.E Patriots games at the same time as our Jets while focusing on Thuney @ the same time? Because I know, I don't. 

Do you have any sporting article's (not BS PFF rankings from the UK) but actual article's full of insight and proof that he's played as well for Cam as he did for Brady because if so; I'd love to read them?

1) Literally yes, I watch games especially when I think I want the player in FA, plus without even trying I’ve watched Pats vs Seahawks, Pats vs Jets, Pats vs Baltimore.

2) PFF is a good resource. Better that your random nonsense.

3) Google it 

4) Do you have proof he’s no longer a top guard in the league? Or did you just assume?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've always dreamed of drafting Trevor Lawrence followed by immediately drafting one of either Terrace Marshall Jr., Rondale Moore or Kyle Pitts (if available); but not anymore; I've completely changed my mind (the sexy pick isn't worth it).

I feel so bad for both Cincinnati fans and Joe Burrow himself (they were going to draft Sewell @ LT for the kid too). 

We must land a FA WR such as an Allen Robinson, JuJu Smith-Schuster or Chris Godwin before heading into the draft...

In order to take the best interior Offensive Lineman available in order to protect Trevor Lawrence from this happening to him with our Seattle pick while creating our next 2.0 version of our once Brick-of-Gold led offensive line featuring D'Brickishaw/Mangold within the form of Becton/Seattle Pick. 

1A.) QB: Trevor Lawrence (Clemson). 

1B.) Center: Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma).

2.) RB: Najee Harris (Alabama). 

We can then (also) use next years #1 Jets pick (2022) on another O-Lineman (to create a Dallas Cowboys type of O-Line) and then finally use Seattle's #1 on a WR;

but this year must be all about protecting (hopefully) Trevor Lawrence or else we'll become the next Cincinnati Bengals fan base while watching Trevor Lawrence become ruined on one play. 

I think you're arguing semantics? Creed Humphrey could just as easily be there for the Jets in he 2nd round. Travis Etienne with the Seahawks pick and a Center or Tackle in the second round. Either way is very possible. In fact my dream draft goes Lawrence at 1, Kyle Pitts with the Seahawks pick, Najee Harris/Travis Etienne in the 2nd.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

There's some really sh*tty football being played early today. The NFL is not a good product right now. Steelers being undefeated is no great feat! This is some of the crappiest football I've witnessed in a long time. 

I wonder why. No reason to what's behind this is coming to mind...nothing significant, at least.

After the Darnold trade Jets are going to have a lot of options:

Pick # 1:  QB Trevor Lawrence

Pick # 2: (23th overall from Colts for Darnold)

Pick # 3: (25th overall from Seattle)

Pick # 4 (33rd overall, Jets 2nd round pick)

Ideally the draft board would fall so that those other 3 picks were:  WR, CB, OG

But they need so much, so an edge rusher wouldn't be bad either.  They will have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds so they have to improve the interior OLine. Has to be a priority.

• Upvote 1