Forget about drafting WR/RB with our Seattle 1st Round Pick (An O-Lineman is a must to build around Mekhi Becton).

5 hours ago, Larz said:

This roster is 3 years away from the playoffs 

dont panic 

the team needs pass rushers and DBs too 

We have by far the most talent deprived roster in the NFL.  While 3 years is a long time in the NFL, we need to hit on 3 years of draft picks (including a franchise qb which is never a sure thing) which we haven't done for decades.  We need to not piss money away on FAs (which we have done very successfully for many years) and we need to be competitive lest the fanbase revolts (b/c atm we aren't close to being competitive). 

We need to do all of this, while changing coaching regimes (for the umpteenth time), who are going to churn and cut a good deal of our current players as they wont fit their systems.   I mean, can you name more than 5 guys who will likely be here in 3 years?  Beckton and maybe Mims (QW might be gone alla Leo)..  Fatu?  Mann?  That's a crazy low amount of pieces.

The fact that Darnold is not our guy, has really dimmed my hopes for any future for this franchise for the foreseeable future.  The elusive 'future playoff squad' that i've been hearing about for the past 8 years, seems far more distant than it was in the past.

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

There's some really sh*tty football being played early today. The NFL is not a good product right now. Steelers being undefeated is no great feat! This is some of the crappiest football I've witnessed in a long time. 

The NFL made a decision at some point to turn itself into the Arena League.  What was once an amazing sport is now a watered down shell of its former self.  I hate to say this but, even if the Jets somehow are able to win a Superbowl during this era, it won't even feel like they won it at the same sport.  

This was the post I made after that embarrassment of a MNF game (Rams 54 Chiefs 51) a couple of years ago and I stand by it.  For people who look at the betting lines out there, take a look at the under/overs this season.  It's a joke already.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The NFL made a decision at some point to turn itself into the Arena League.  What was once an amazing sport is now a watered down shell of its former self.  I hate to say this but, even if the Jets somehow are able to win a Superbowl during this era, it won't even feel like they won it at the same sport.  

This was the post I made after that embarrassment of a MNF game (Rams 54 Chiefs 51) a couple of years ago and I stand by it.  For people who look at the betting lines out there, take a look at the under/overs this season.  It's a joke already.

Totally agree with you! Did you see how frustrated Joey Bosa was yesterday? 
I would hate to play defense in this league vs a star QB. They get star treatment. 
Steelers have a very good defense but they were playing a rookie backup yesterday! 
How many ROOKIE backups actually played in old NFL days? Very few! 
Now guys are thrown out there all the time! 
Most rookies struggled their azz off in the past because they didn’t play in a WATERED DOWN offensive league & defenses could take your head off! 
Yesterday, the Jets got a RTP penalty when 3 guys met the QB at the same time & I still don’t know what Jenkins did to deserve a flag? 
Goodell has practically ruined this league. There were 6 holding calls on the Indy Oline on 2 drives in the 4th quarter yesterday! 
The Patriots have had years with 6 holding calls in 16 games for god sakes! 
Just trash refs, trash rules, trash teams, I never saw so many crappy teams B4. 

• Upvote 1